Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Black_Rose)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-14-2016, 11:15 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get 2017 Ronix One series for this upcoming year and I just want to ask few questions about this boards.

I want hear from personal views instead of Ronix Commercials.

can someone tell me the pros and cons for
Ronix One ATR
Ronix One Timebomb

and Also bit curious... I see Danny Harf with ATR all the time other than Timebomb.... lol... if someone can help me out with personal curiosity hahaha

Thanks!
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       10-14-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
I have a 15 ATR and will tell that although it's a good board it has not been my favorite. If I were going to buy another Ronix it would be the timebomb.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-14-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
ATR is cheaper and is a hybrid between a boat board and a park board.
Timebomb is the boat board made for maximum pop.

There are stiffness/flexibility differences between the two boards that make these things true. If you aren't riding at a semi pro level then you probably won't notice the differences other than the price.
Old     (Black_Rose)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-14-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
I heard that they are like "Surf style edge"

some say " they are too roundy" but other also said "only center is roundy and gets sharp at the nose and tail"

what do you guy say?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-14-2016, 11:54 AM Reply   
I've ridden them both. I am currently on an ATR until I can get my hands on Timebomb (off the wake). Some people complain about the ATR off the wake because it is a little softer in the tip and tail. I can tell that it is different on roll tricks, but I didn't really have to adjust my riding any.

My advice is that if you are going to ride 100% boat on it, go time bomb. It is stiffer, snappier, more explosive and a hair lighter. If you are going to hit terrain on it, even just once, go ATR. Off the wake, it really is kinda splitting hairs, but I would never put the Timebomb on rails: 1.) it wouldn't be much fun 2.) It doesn't have a sintered base. If $150 or so is a large amount of money and you might someday want to use it at the park, go ATR.

They lost the surf rounded edges with the 2015 design. I couldn't work well with the earlier shapes. the 2017 has a thicker belly, but it has an edge to it. I'm coming off of a William/bill. I will say that I do have to set up a hair wider on the one and really let the board take a natural turn. The William would let me set up narrow and turn and burn if I wanted, but I think it has actually forced me to be a little more calculated with my approaches. I rode it great first time out.

Last edited by skiboarder; 10-14-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old     (Black_Rose)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-14-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
I see... so the design pretty much changed since 2015 or so... my mind is tilting toward timebomb after hearing these experience from you guys.... but still want more opinions hahahaha wanna make it so that I don't regret.

much help from everyone so far! Thanks!!

Last edited by Black_Rose; 10-14-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-16-2016, 9:20 PM Reply   
I ride the Time Bomb and its my favorite board by far. Tried switching to the William and went right back. I love everything about this board, and it's incredibly light.