Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-04-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
This system of getting on this lake is so incredibly effed up. I want to go Friday, but I can't find a pass. Yet the last time I went they said there were about 10 water contact boats.

Anyway, I'm looking for a water contact pass for Friday, 10/7. Does anybody have one I can buy?
Old     (fglenn)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-05-2016, 10:19 AM Reply   
The fishermen are buying watercontact permits when the regular fishing permits a sold out. Word is ticket master will be over in a few weeks. Not sure what's going to happen. First come first served like be four?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2016, 11:45 AM Reply   
It's just sooooo ridiculous. I brought my boat home from the river to use San V and I can't unless I plan four weeks in advance. And even then I can only by one ticket per week or they cancel all my ticket orders. Don't even get me started on the blatant discrimination of having each person in a fishing (which actually removes resources from the water that the city needs to pay to replenish) boat being charged $8 ($4 for 65+ and $2.50 for 8-15) while each person in a water contact boat is charged $10 (no senior discount and $5 for 8-15). So if I want to bring my dad out to watch us wakeboard, we have to pay $10 for him to sit in the boat and do nothing, yet it would only cost him $4 if he was on a fishing boat doing the same thing or even pulling fish out of the lake. How the eff do they justify these rates???
Old     (jww)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-05-2016, 7:18 PM Reply   
i didn't realize i had a 'water contact boat'... bahahah government administration...that is a messed up situation
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-06-2016, 11:39 AM Reply   
I don't have "word" but I also thin, ticketmaster will be over in not too long. I think the hype will die down quickly. You can already buy tickets for about 2 weeks in advance as they don't appear to be sold out the full 30 days ahead.

Hey Frank, how ya doin?!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-06-2016, 11:41 AM Reply   
P.S. I have a water contact permit for 10/21 but will trade anyone for 10/14 if they can't make their date.