Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shredingmonkey)      Join Date: Apr 2015       09-21-2016, 2:15 PM Reply   
Hello everyone!

Does someone out here already put their hands on 2017 Ronix gear. I loved the 2016 kinetic but it the most squishy board I have ever ridden. I guess every one of them is broken. How the board feels when they replaced the foam with wood? Is it stiffer? How is landings? Flexbox 1 or flexbox 2? Still thinking if it worth to stay with the brand cuz i cant afford having so many boards broken in a season. Need some overall impression of the new board.

Last edited by shredingmonkey; 09-21-2016 at 2:17 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-21-2016, 4:58 PM Reply   
Get a slingshot or humanoid and don't look back. Ronix and durability don't exactly go hand in hand
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-23-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aRVmFexjFc
Old     (shredingmonkey)      Join Date: Apr 2015       09-23-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Actually i saw this product video but I want to hear other riders opinions because I dont believe that **** they are selling at those presentations
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-23-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Get a slingshot or humanoid and don't look back. Ronix and durability don't exactly go hand in hand
Really I think it depends on the model etc I know many people who break SS, Ive had a Ronix bill for three years now ive tried breaking this all cable for this board and it wont break ..true story.. better to recommend why you like a particular brand without bashing another..
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-23-2016, 2:15 PM Reply   
I've held one and it looks like a pretty straight-forward park shape. Has some of the great features of the old Kinetic and cut out some of the weirdness. Note that it is a continuous and I'm excited about that. I don't know what model it was (box1 or box2), but the little speed-whoops were in the middle. It felt like a medium to softer flex.

If I can get my hands on one, that will be what I ride this year.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-23-2016, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
Really I think it depends on the model etc I know many people who break SS, Ive had a Ronix bill for three years now ive tried breaking this all cable for this board and it wont break ..true story.. better to recommend why you like a particular brand without bashing another..

Why not just say why I dislike a brand?

We use and abuse equipment.

Some lasts, some doesn't. Some gear gets retired after a season, or 4 times in a season in one case, some lasts 2 or 3 seasons. My experience has been less than stellar. But hey people keep buying them for a reason.

Glad you like them.

PS I've seen an even broken SS equipment but it takes aloooooooooot of abuse.
Old     (shredingmonkey)      Join Date: Apr 2015       09-23-2016, 10:28 PM Reply   
I used to ride SS before. I really liked it but the problem was that my knees ant back started to hurt, maybe it is because of the simple base and wood core. I jumped to ronix and the pain slightly got better so thats what I liked about that, but when u break like 3-4 boards in 4 month season its hard to stay with the brand.