Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-04-2016, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hi guys! Im planning a little trip right now and if you have some advise for me it will be great! My sister have a condo at miami beach and im gonna spend 10days. Im going with my axis and i want to drop it somewhere to make some board and spend my days! Anyone have suggestions? Freshwater marinas where we are authorize to ride? It dont bother me to spend exemple couple days at a marina or you know drop my boat somewhere the morning and take it off at the end of the day. I have a storage with the condo where i can park the boat. Thank you !
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-06-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Fresh water marinas , now that's a laugh, use key Biscayne as wind cover right at Miami beach. Call gator bait charters (g23 wake/surf business- Marco owner will answer phone) and ask them
You wouldn't be talking about weekend if October 9, we may attend an ash spread ceremony that I can't convince them to rent from gator bait . Love to have some fun . If you've never ridden a G23 or 25, book on hour with friends for a surf and really enjoy . I have an A20, but really relish my time on friends G. If you have some real surfers book 2 hours, or just one for yourself , but expensive that way but to do it with locals could give you all the real hints you need. Invite as much human non riding ballast you can as the price is the same regardless

Last edited by granddaddy53; 09-06-2016 at 9:52 AM.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-06-2016, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
Hi guys! Im planning a little trip right now and if you have some advise for me it will be great! My sister have a condo at miami beach and im gonna spend 10days. Im going with my axis and i want to drop it somewhere to make some board and spend my days! Anyone have suggestions? Freshwater marinas where we are authorize to ride? It dont bother me to spend exemple couple days at a marina or you know drop my boat somewhere the morning and take it off at the end of the day. I have a storage with the condo where i can park the boat. Thank you !
Also on a bad day for wind waves and boats at your Watersports hole you find , plan a weekend 1/2 or 3/4 day trip up intercoastal and anything you want to stop and check out. Stop at a dockside party hole and have lunch and some libations. Then proceed up past ft lauderdale to this really old school quaint water cabin Florida seafood and gourmet hole (name?)'only by boat I think, but you prob can drive. Friend lent me his boat one evening from lauderdale up and it still stands as one of the best boat trips I have ever been on. Need more time from Miami, but you'll see more, lots of idling , but still super cool!!!

Also just plan for the daily salt water maintenance including the spraying and flushing of your electro/mechanical and ballast equipment as well as inside boat and out , hope you thought about that expensive galvanized trailer , cause that many dunks means a lot flushing do I would spend my time researching mechanical old launches who use massive fork lifts or straps (plastic rub rail pressure?????) and launch that way paid. And they might have room for your trailer. It will be at the massive commercial boat sheds somewhere on the industrial intercoastal

Last edited by granddaddy53; 09-06-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-06-2016, 11:25 AM Reply   
Looking at my axis on trailer it looks like they can put the lift tongues between your outer and inner rear boards on trailer. If they have just ask for measurement of their bunks width snd you'll know if it works . When they pick you up they can set it right down where it belongs on trailer
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-06-2016, 3:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your advise david!
Old     (amsterdamn)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-06-2016, 3:58 PM Reply   
Mike- I am a student at the university of miami and it may be a long shot but if you need a third when you're down here I'd love to come ride
Message me