Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2016, 9:56 AM Reply   
Hey I wanted to share a product I came across last summer. Normally I do all my detailing (water spot removal) in the shade of my garage or in the eve when pulling the boat out. Point being most of the time the boat is cool.

I have found most spray wipe down stuff dosent do to well when the surface is hot. Its like if you spray on a hot surface the wax in the spray instantly drys and either creates a white haze or your forever trying to wipe the swirls out. "Lucas Slick Mist" is real bad on a hot surface great stuff but bad to work with when the boat hot. (I'm sure all spray detailers recommend to use on a cool or shaded surface) but for me most of the time that's not possable

My go to wipe down stuff has been "Final Inspection" from Meguires. It seems to do ok in direct sunlight. Well fast forward to this Wizzards stuff. I found it at my local automotive paint supply dealer (Finish master) I must admit the packaging and presentation of the bottle is the worst. But the stuff works great on a hot black boat. The front of my bennington is Always in the sun and as hot as hell.
The wizzards is the only stuff I have come across that works well on a hot surface without a ton of elbow grease to remove streeks.
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 10-18-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2016, 9:59 AM Reply   
Here is what the bottle looks like. It was $15. I would like to do a wipe down test between the top dogs including Boat Bling.
Attached Images

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       10-18-2016, 1:49 PM Reply   
I use that stuff on my Harley between washes . Works really well !!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2016, 4:37 PM Reply   
Yep. I use it on my black truck sometimes. I never even thought of trying it on the boat. Duh.. If I remember correctly, it smells realy good too.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-18-2016, 5:47 PM Reply   
Boat bling works pretty good, but the smell is awful. And it's got a sticky feeling to it. Wizards stuff always smells great and works great. Cheap to boot
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2016, 6:14 PM Reply   
I noticed how Wizzards markets towards The Biker Crowd or Comunity. I don't know how that works or dosent work. I know lots of bikes are flat black or flat finish so that might explain the lack of Wax in the product?? Disclaimer I have no idea whats in These products I keep saying "wax" and I could be totally off base. I'm referring to the Ingredient that instantly turnt white when it hits a hot surface
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-18-2016, 6:22 PM Reply   
Have you tried performance boat candy? I'm a huge fan and I've used most of the other players.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2016, 7:22 AM Reply   
Wizard's is a local company near me. I've been using their Mist & Shine for 20+ years. AWESOME product for quick detailing on cars, boats, anything!! Leaves no residue, wipes clean away. I buy it by the gallon...... That being said, it is not for removing water spots. For spot removal I go with Boat Bling Hot Sauce. But anytime there are not water spots involved, Mist & Shine is the only product I go to.....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2016, 8:38 AM Reply   
Charlie: How much is a gallon selling for? Had no Idea they have been around for 20 years.
Thinking of Players for a Pepsi Challenge for wipe down

Boat Bling
Babes
Lucas slick mist
Meguires
Wizzards
Home Brew (aka vinagar & water) or somthing people recommend
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2016, 8:44 AM Reply   
Gallon of Mist & Shine is $37 at the local auto parts store.

They've been around for longer than 20 years, but 20 years ago is when I turned 16 and got a car! They've had a big following around Minnesota for a long time because they are a local company, but they make a lot of great products.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-19-2016, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Charlie: How much is a gallon selling for? Had no Idea they have been around for 20 years.

Boat Bling
Babes
Lucas slick mist
Meguires
Wizzards
Throw in the Turtle Wax WaxNDry. I buy this stuff by the case and use it after each use and its awesome. I have zero water spots on my boat and its on $4.99 at Walmart.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-19-2016, 8:30 PM Reply   
I really liked turtle wax as you dry product but it hasn't been streak free for me this past year. I don't know if it is reacting with the meguires marine wax I used at the beginning of summer or what but I've been looking for it's replacement. If I put extra time into it I will say it does a great job and can't beat the price.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-20-2016, 5:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
I really liked turtle wax as you dry product but it hasn't been streak free for me this past year. I don't know if it is reacting with the meguires marine wax I used at the beginning of summer or what but I've been looking for it's replacement. If I put extra time into it I will say it does a great job and can't beat the price.
Wow this is interesting. I wouldn't say that it is streak free but its does a very good job of keeping a lite coat of wax on the boat. I have a metal flake boat so it hides the streaks.

I use Woody Wax for my boat and I never have much of a problem. I just have a hard time paying for these other products that are so much more expensive.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2016, 10:50 AM Reply   
This is my 2c.
Depending on what color your boat is would determine if your using a street free spray down. People with white boats it's hard to see streeks. So you folks might not be so picky when it comes to a wipe down product. But people with dark or Black boats, you need somthing that wipes clean and street free. I used to use the Eagle 1 Wax and Dry product. But once I saw how much work it was to remove all of the product from a black finish that's when I started looking for other stuff.
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       10-20-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post

Boat Bling
Babes
Lucas slick mist
Meguires
Wizzards
Don't forget to add Spotless to the list. BTW there is still time to win sample pack. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806547