Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-31-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
Looking to get my son a new cable board, he rides intermediate level. He has had a demo on the Franchise FLX before and really liked it. I have also been reading good things about the Phoenix S. Does anyone have a recommendation between the two? He has never owned a true cable board, right now he is riding a very old Hyperlite Motive 134, not the greatest board for a cable park.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-31-2014, 8:55 PM Reply   
If you can track down a Phoenix I would recomend that. The issue you may encounter is that they're now on coming two seasons removed from the Ronix line. I rode Phoenix Projects for a couple years and absolutely loved the shape, and it's technically a hybrid board so he could take it to boat as well.
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-05-2014, 6:01 AM Reply   
I've always seen good things about the FLX from hyperlite. Probably a solid choice. The Phoenix is kinda coming back next year as the Kinetik Project. Might want to look into that one. Should be like the Phoenix. Always heard good things about the Shnook
Old     (MobyNick)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-09-2014, 8:56 AM Reply   
Either is a solid choice but if your decision isn't made yet you should definitely check out the new TAO that just dropped from liquid force it's going to be a park game changer and my personal favorite is the LF Raph. I've ridden the Phoenix before and liked it however the raph is smother on rails and edges as good as a board with fins on it!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-09-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyNick View Post
Either is a solid choice but if your decision isn't made yet you should definitely check out the new TAO that just dropped from liquid force it's going to be a park game changer and my personal favorite is the LF Raph. I've ridden the Phoenix before and liked it however the raph is smother on rails and edges as good as a board with fins on it!

Ha! Moby Nick said "game changer"
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-18-2014, 4:52 PM Reply   
Just a follow up, I ended up going with a 137 Slingshot Reflex (2013 model), and he is really enjoying the board. He rides 134 behind the boat and I went with a 137 for the cable.... huge difference in flex, softer landings and being able to press the rails from his old boat board. Thumbs up for the Slingshot Reflex.