Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-23-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
Just purchased a new trailer on a canal with access to a lake in southwest Orlando, so that I can extend my wakeboarding season to forever.
This is my Dock, the Lake, My Back Deck, Back Deck View, and a Sunrise View.
It has outside storage for my VLX, but my boat is in inside storage in Ohio, so until I get a good cover made for the boat, I am using a waverunner right now to wakeboard behind. If you live in the Orlando area, don't mind wakeboarding behind a waverunner, and don't mind the gators, just contact me to ride! This lake is great for waverunners! I do need to get one of those platforms behind my Deck to ride the waverunner up on.
The lake might have a limit for boat length, but I have a private boat ramp to the lake, so I don't know how they could limit the boat size. I have not had the wakeboard boat on my lake, but plan to travel to the Butler Chain of Lakes and the Winter Park Chain of Lakes to wakeboard and surf behind my VLX. If you own a wakeboard boat and don't mind wakeboarding or surfing behind an 05VLX, then I would like to trade pulls with you at your Lake. If your lake doesn't have a public boat ramp, still contact me, I am good for gas, beer, and whatever.
Even though I have my own dock, I like to keep the boat on the trailer(and my lake might be too small for the VLX)
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-25-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Joe, you should check out OWC on wed after 4pm when it's half price. A lot better than wakeboarding behind a jet ski.

Nice look'n spot you've got there.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-25-2014, 6:21 PM Reply   
Thanks John, I will definitely check out the OWC, but I do a lot of drills behind the jet ski with making cuts, riding switch, heel and toe side 180's, riding wrapped and riding cuffed, along with surface 360's. Also, I have no problem pulling anyone who wants to wakeskate, AND the price is right--FREE! The waverunner uses so much less gas than the boat it is an insignificant cost for me. I also have a friend that skis behind the waverunner, so its all good!
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-27-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
What lake are you on? That looks like a nice little spot you've found there.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-27-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
My Spot on Lake Conway
It's the pink house in the background of Massi's edit.
Attached Images

Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-27-2014, 3:32 PM Reply   
jealous.. for days and days
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2014, 4:49 PM Reply   
Loe Lo, thanks, It's on Lake Davenport, I wakeboarded on the lake behind the jet ski before I bought the property, its about one mile long which is perfect for running back and forth. There is a ski boat here, but I haven't met the owner yet, I would not mind wakeboarding behind a ski boat either. I believe my wife likes pulling me with the jet ski more than the big boat too. I have driven by Lake Conway several times but have not seen it look as nice as your pics, would you be interested in trading pulls? I have no problem trailering my boat up to lake Conway , thats closer to me than Winter Park. My VLX is a 2005, so we could definitely do some surfing also if you would like.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-29-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
Joe,
I live on South Lake Conway which is the smallest and most protected of the lakes in the chain so it usually has good water unless the tubers are out on the weekends. I'm down to give you a pull and try out that VLX any time. My weekends are pretty booked for the next month but we can figure out some time during the week anyway. I'm a pretty basic rider so don't expect much from me other than some stoke when you land something and no judgment when you don't. I'm dying to try some more wake surfing, haven't had a change to try it out since I got the new boat but I've been telling my wife she will love it. The first pic has my old '85 SN2001, I've got a '96 NSS now with all the air options added that makes a great wakeboard wake.
Also, I've also got access to a private ramp around the corner and plenty of room at the dock if you want to spend some time on the lake and leave the boat overnight. If you haven't had a chance to hang at the Lake Conway Sandbar you'll want to try that out too.
Shoot me an email and we'll figure something out. jolosi1044@gmail.com.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Jolo, where is the sandbar located at on lake Conway?
I did finally get a cover for my boat which works great, but now I am on a waiting list for outside storage in my gated community, so I have to winterize the boat up North, One Last Time! Storage is very limited, so I might not get a spot until spring or summer. Short term storage is always available for whatever I pull behind my vehicle, but I do not want to trailer the boat back and forth to Ohio, once I get the boat down here, its staying.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-05-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
If you guys get together on Conway and want a third, send me a message.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-08-2014, 5:23 AM Reply   
John, what lake do you ride on? I was hoping to have my boat down here for the winter, but the earliest will be spring now, but definitely next summer!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-08-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
I ride on Prairie Lake in Altamonte Springs. I have a 92 Ski Nautique that if I put 2000lbs of weight in I can get just about a decent wake. I just pulled the carb off Monday because it was pouring gas into the engine. Fingers crossed I will get the rebuild kit and be able to repair it this weekend. So we can board anytime after that if I am successful.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2014, 6:24 PM Reply   
Wow John! I had no idea you lived so close. I'm on lake Howell. Once our lake clears up you'll have to come out and hit the rails behind the jetski
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-16-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
Brett, I just rebuilt the carb on my 92 Ski Nautique. It's running great and I have about 2000 lbs of fat sacs. Shoot me a message on facebook if you want to come cover and ride.
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-17-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
I live over in Deland on a lake come over and ride whenever more than welcome to bring your boat. Shoot me a text when you want to ride.

Kody
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-27-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
Whats up guys! I have a G21 on lake holden right in downtown orlando. Always looking for more people to ride with. Sundays/Mondays work best - with the days getting shorter, it's hard to ride after work.

Last edited by wakeworld; 01-08-2015 at 8:45 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-28-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
Sent you a PM RideGull.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-02-2014, 5:58 PM Reply   
Here are pics of my new black cover, I had it out in torrential rains for a week and the cover kept it dry! This top is so tight that you can go 70 mph on the highway with no problem! So now I am ready to bring it down to Florida, but I am on a waiting list for outside storage just southwest of Orlando. I just winterized it and put it in inside storage for the winter.
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
Nice look'n boat Joe. Hope I get a chance to ride behind it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-05-2014, 1:26 AM Reply   
Did everyone just miss the part about gators?