Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-05-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
I got my Rev 10's installed and have a question about the swivel clamps TC3-S. Hoping someone on here has seen this.
On the port side spkr, I can unlock it and rotate it full 180 degrees clockwise facing forward where it hits a little square bolt that stops it from rotating further... fine.
But on the starboard side, I can only rotate the speaker about 135 deg counter-clockwise because the stop bolt is on the same side of the clamp as the other speaker and if I turn it clockwise, the back of the can hits the tower only allowing about 45 deg of rotation.

Am I supposed to just take those stops out? I assumed they were there to prevent twisting up the wires by over rotating, but the animation on wet sound's website shows a full 360 deg rotation. (which i can't do anyway because the back of the cans hit the side of the tower as mentioned above).

They sound friggin amazing by the way.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-05-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
Pretty sure you can flip the bracket around.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-05-2016, 12:48 PM Reply   
The Wetsounds bracket will give you nearly 360 degrees rotation, but not total rotation. Total and repeated rotation would wind up the internal wire harness. There is a definite performance reason for the Wetsounds approach, versus a 360 degree rotation. With the Wetsounds approach they use male to female connectors that have the same surface area contact as a professional audio connection, such as a Speakon or Neutrik. Every other option gives up critical contact surface area. Why is this so important? Because typically you are passing a lot of power into the larger tower speakers in a vibration-intensive environment. So the Wetsounds design avoids the potential for intermittent connection and wear & tear on the connections. So it's either 360 degree rotation with pinpoint electrical contacts....or....near 360 degree rotation with 360 degree electrical connector contact in the case of Wetsounds collars.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-05-2016, 1:06 PM Reply   
Technically, i can't get more than about 270deg of rotation due to the speaker can contacting the side of the tower, so I'm couldn't twist up the wire if I wanted to. I may just remove the little square bolt that acts as a stop (assuming it's removable as it appears).
I don't plan to rotate them often. But we do beach the boat nose first more often than not, and it'd be nice to hear the full clarity of the Rev 10's from the beach occasionally. Even though, the sound field is amazingly wide for a HLDC speaker.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-05-2016, 1:10 PM Reply   
Also, I may cut up some foam pipe insulation to make a bumper around them until folks on the boat learn not to bang their head into them. lol. We had that happen twice this past weekend. They don't hang annoyingly low, but if you're not aware, you surely can bump into them.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-05-2016, 1:23 PM Reply   
Don't take out a stop. Speak to Wetsounds first.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-05-2016, 1:34 PM Reply   
Look into this.
All you likely need to do is take the two bolts out of the base plate on the pipe clamp part, swap it around and now you are spinning fully in the other direction.
This is designed like this so if you're on one side, you can swivel in towards the boat, with the inverse on the opposite side.
Probably a 5 minute one-time adjustment for it to do whatever you want.
Just the same, check in with Wetsounds or your Wetsounds dealer.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-05-2016, 2:21 PM Reply   
Thanks.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-05-2016, 3:57 PM Reply   
Dont pull the stop, its there to prevent over-rotation which would twist the connector in the clamp. Yes, remove the base and rotate it 180 and bolt it back up.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-05-2016, 5:39 PM Reply   
Don't remove the stops.

Wasn't sure if anybody said that yet.