Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mbellaver)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-09-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
03 response with 6.2 black scorpion. Idles ok, and generally runs fine. However, if you stay below 2200 rpms, it briefly looses power about once or twice every 10 minutes. It recovers really quick, but it is noticible as the boat slows down about 1 - 2mph and then recovers. We use this boat for barefooting and top end it rungs fine. It holds 45.5 with one skier and never misses at the high rpms. So far, I've replaced the plugs and plug wires. The distributor cap looks good, but I will probably replace it anyway. Has anyone heard of a problem like this? Any ideas on what I can try next. The shop that I bought the boat from said it wasn't throwing any codes either. The boat actually had the problem when I bought it (there's a bad dealer story behind it that I"ll spare everyone frrom), and I was told it was just bad gas. Well, I've been throught several tanks of gas and have replaced the fuel water separator also. Any help would be appreciated!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-09-2014, 3:28 PM Reply   
You could check the MAP sensor or TPS. They both matter a great deal at low throttle settings and have less affect at full throttle.
Old     (mbellaver)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-10-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Thanks. I'll check the TPS as it's easy to get to. However I think I have to take the big black intake cover off to get tot he map sensor which means a new seal I think.