Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
I just found out that my local shop got the Factions in today and they said they are sweet. He said they are compatable to the Zueses. I'm on my way to pick up a pair right now and I'll let you know what I think when I get home.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
got home with them and they are sweet, you will not find a better binding for the money. Construction wise, they are similar to the Zeuses, but maybe a tad bit less support up high, but still great support. I tried them on in the shop and they were very comfy and super easy to get into even with dry feet. I wear a size 11 shoe and went with the XLs. I did feel a bit of pressure from the overlay, but they will break in. I can't wait to try them out.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-06-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
Thought you meant Dragon Factions, which I just picked up my pair today
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
nope, the CWBs dog, though I would like a pair of the Dragons too
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
we're supposed to be getting our shipment in soon.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
How does Fuse compare to the Factions?
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
I've never tried the Fuse so I can't say, but I will say that nothing compares to the hinge.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
How much do the Factions cost? I really like the locked in feel of the Fuse bindings and if that feeling can be had in the Factions and they are cheaper than the Fuse the Faction may be my next binding!
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
mine were $239 and from what I can tell so far, you are locked in fo sho. It would take a nasty fall to come out of them.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2006, 11:50 PM Reply   
The Fuses have less heel lift than any bindings I have ever tried on (that didn't take 5 minutes to get into... so Ultra Sucs are excluded). CWB has a winner on their hands - these things hold like mad and still take zero time/effort to get into.

Plus, who can argue with ALL BLACK with subtle green accents here and there?
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-07-2006, 12:18 AM Reply   
Ours just came in at the shop today, picked up a set and im riding them tomorrow ill let you guys know, They seem real nice so far.

Out of the New 3DS, Watsons and Factions i chose factions...
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-10-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
I just ordered mine from wakeside.com....hopefully they come in by the end of next week.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
I finally got to ride them today and they are freaking sweet. Super easy to get in and out of and very comfy. I was out at Texas Ski Ranch all day on the cable lake and never felt any discomfort in my feet. I love these bindings.
Old    rustystang            06-11-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Sports Authority has them for $195 if you use coupon code F&FJUNE to get 25% off. This coupon expires tonight at midnight eastern time though. I almost bit, but need to save money for GAS.

Linky: http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2361721&cp=2057782.712918.7114 93&parentPage=family
Coupon info: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=253008
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2006, 10:21 PM Reply   
any difference between the factions and torque? I got the 06 torqus and I love them. Love the fact they are 2 seconds to get in and out with no gel.

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2006, 12:39 AM Reply   
factions have a tighter-fitting overlay (over the top of your foot), more heel-suction, zero heel-lift, and fit better (more specific sizes). I just found the Factions more responsive and more fun to ride... the fit was ideal. Plus the factions are all-black with a few tiny green accents, if you're looking for fashion cred
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-12-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
dang i was 1 day too slow..
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
me too.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-12-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
I'm glad I didn't order them through Sports Authority, I'll have mine before then.

AVAILABILITY: Leaves warehouse in 2 - 3 weeks.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-12-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I just ordered a pair from Buywake last Friday. They will be here tomorrow. After using a coupon code I had they were $234 with free shipping. I would have bought them local, but none of my local shops will have them until July. I guess CWB supplied the big boys first?
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Picked these up last week -- they are great. Not really a binding issue (more like a stupid mistake on my part), but make sure that the teeth on the hardware are set into the teeth on the bindings when you tighten them down - I failed to do this my first day out and the teeth settled into the bindings while I was riding which loosened the screws, pulled one binding loose and sank the screw and hardware to the bottom of the lake. IMO best price/performance binding on the market right now -- especially considering inclusion of new hinge tech which is really effective and nice to have.
Old    robertt            06-12-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Two questions.

1. Which one will fit the largest foot better? Torque and Factions? I notice that the Factions are more size specific, but does that mean that they might fit a little smaller?

2. Besides having a tighter fit in the lower foot, and a little stiffer/higher in the ankle support....is there any other changes/upgrades?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Its got a much nicer toe piece that really molds to your foot for a true customized fit. They will both fit a large foot fine. The fact that they are specifically sized means they will fit the size they are made for. The Torq's will fit a wider range and the Factions will fit who they are sized for. There is no comparison, the Factions are sick!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-13-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yep got ours in today and they are SIIIIIIIICK!!!
CWB has a winner with this binding cant beleive the quality you get for the money its a no brainer.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
My Factions came in the other day and I got to try them out for the first time. One word...WOW!

Perhaps the Zeus and Torqs ride the same way, but I experienced a noticable difference in board reaction when riding in the Factions compared to any other boot I have used. The Hinge Tech completely locks your heel down. There is zero heel lift. This dramatically changed the way my board reacts when changing from heelside edge to toeside edge. Without any heel or toe lift in the boot each movement from your feet is transferred directly to the board instantaneously.

I feel like my board rides completely different now. It's like driving a car for a year with a loose suspension and then having a brand new suspension put on. The car would drive and feel completely different. It's the same thing with the Hinge Tech on the Factions.

The footbed feels like memory foam. I have never worn a more comfortable binding. Your feet sink into the foam and then do not move. The ankle support is okay, but not as stiff as my 2005 Alpha's. The only other negative about the Factions is the dual laces.

When trying to get out of the boots after a set the dual laces easily get tangled with each other. I have corrected this problem on my Factions by removing one set of the laces and then using the other lace to thread both sections of the boot. The laces are plenty long enough to do so.

All in all, the Factions are a great boot. The Hinge Tech will change the standard for how bindings should perform. I highly reccommend trying them out for yourself.

- Richard
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-15-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
who has 'em in norcal (sac area)? i wanna demo!
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-15-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
Hey Joe all the Boarders Paradise stores should have some now. So go get em.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-15-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
We got ours in yesterday and are sold out already. Cant get anymore untill next month, so if are wanting some I suggest you get them while you still can, once the dealers are sold out thats it untill next month, CWB already sold through the first shipment of Factions.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Richard, its better to keep the laces on the top & bottom independant of each other. That way you can loosen the top or bottom individually. You get a more customized fit that way. What I did for my Zeus and will do also on my Factions is just shorten the crap out of the laces. All you need is just enough to get it all the way open. It dramatically reduced the ridiculous gnarl of laces that was going on. To top it off CWB has an elastic lace holster that is on the back Gorilla Grips (thats what they used to call the heel grab piece) that you can thread the excess lace through. Easy peasy Japanesy.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Stephan, I guess I've been used to my Alphas which have one set of laces. Trying the Factions on in my living room last night with one set of laces felt great. I couldn't tell any difference from when they had two sets of laces.

Yes, the holster works great while riding. It was after riding when I pulled the laces out of the holster that they got tangled. Shortening the laces sounds like it will work too though.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-15-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
So are the Zeus obsolete now?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-15-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
No way, the Zeus is still the top binding in CWB's linep. The Faction is a binding in between the Torq and Zeus and is about 80 bucks cheaper than the Zeus and about 60 dollars more then the Torq. The Zeus still has the best ankle support out of all the hinge bindings.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
There will still be an '07 Zeus, too. The Faction is just there to fill the void between the Torq and Zeus and was released early because the demand was so high.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
the 07 Zeus are going to be so sick. You think the Factions are good. Wait till you see the new things on the Zeus.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
I tried the Zeus on in a shop the other day and I like the ankle support of the Zeus much better than the ankle support of the Factions....just not $100 more .

The one thing other than money that kept me from buying the Zeus was the way they lace up over the top of your foot. I've seen a lot of posts lately from people saying that the Zeus' hurt their feet. I think I know why...

The laces on top of the Zeus are not centered on the top of the boot. They go at an angle towards the outside of the boot. When I cinched up the laces in the shop, the angle in which they cinched caused the overlay to pinch the top/side of my foot. If the laces would have gone down the center like they do on most boots, I do not beleive that the overlay would pinch. If not for this I may have waited a little while and saved up for the Zeus.

Besides that, the Zeus boots look like something Ace Freely used to wear during Kiss concerts. Now take the Zeus and re-style it to look like the Factions and then move the laces down the center...now you would have the boot to end all boots!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
in this picture from dpcfilms.com, these are the factions that Phil Soven is riding correct?

Upload
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-15-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
soven rides for liquid and those are 2005 transits.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-15-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
hehe, plus im not sure if he is riding just yet because of his wrist injury
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
gotcha! i know he was injured. when i looked at this desktop pic they just looked like the factions.. but now that you said they're transits and i look a little harder (i'm blind) i see it now. thanks.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
My Zeus was tight when I first got them because CWB sized them to be snug over the top. After they get broken in they are awesome and won't cramp at all. The Factions are for guys like myself, they like the Zeus a lot but want more mobility while still getting great hold down and support. My favorite boot of all time was the 2004 Zeus with the heel cup and top internal strap removed, super hold but almost floppy for pokes and tweaks. Anyone interested in a pair of Medium 2006 Zeus'? They are in perfect shape. PM me.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-15-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   

quote:

By mango (mango) on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 1:32 pm:

hehe, plus im not sure if he is riding just yet because of his wrist injury

didn't soven ride in the minnesota event?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-15-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yes he did.