Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-10-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Earlier in the year someone started a thread about goals for the year. Just wondering how everyone is doing.

I'll start. I wanted to get consistent with my heelside w2w, I've got that pretty well nailed. I wanted to learn 2 or 3 grabs by the end of the year, so far I've done indy grabs, but I am working on others. Toeside w2w is so far eluding me ( not sure if it is the body position, or just being intimidated). I still haven't worked on my switch riding, but hope to start.

Well that is it in a nutshell. I would like to hear how everyone else is doing.

(Message edited by lumpy9138 on June 10, 2006)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
im regressing :-)

Old    jay_23            06-10-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
same here....i got a mild concussion couple weeks ago trying a 3. the last time we went out, i was pretty scared to try anything!!!
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-10-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
So far, I have progressed on my grabs and getting much more pop, but I haven't been able to pull out a 3 so far this year, which I was able to do last year. So im Re-Progressing??? Haha I dunno what to call it but yeah I'm getting better at some and worse at others. Then again I haven't gone out many times, so hopefully at the 4th O'July-athon at Tulloch Lake (be there for a week) I can get my 3's back and work on some inverts!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
Hit my 360 finally this year abo. a month and a half ago. Hit my first grabbed 360 (slob) today at a clinic. Also, I am getting super close on my rolls and blind 180s. Overall, I would have hoped to get a little more done with how much time ive had, but our local lake conditions are not conductive to learning 75% of the time, so we can only really learn when we go out at 5:00... bummer...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-10-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
Well my boat hasnt worked for a month, so I havent ridden in a while. With college I ride like once a week, but some weeks I will ride a lot and then others none at all. Before my boat broke, I was landing every spin with a grab. So like indy bs 180s, melan ts 3's, slob hs 3, indy ts bs 180. Luckily with my boat being down, I have been able to let my should heal which has been giving me constant trouble for the past 3 months.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-11-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Im still trying to get last years tricks back, very frustrating. My 3's and switch 3's have disappeared. I am grabbing my bs 1's all the way through the spin now, and on the verge of a bs 3.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-12-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
its strange for me... I've only been out 4 times this year, starting saturday of memorial day weekend
I started working on backrolls again on monday memorial day and finally put down the g-damn elusive backroll, it finally clicked after 3 years, and Im going bigger and into the flats some with my 3s, haven't gotten the t/s 3 back since last fall but only tried a few times, I figure if it took me 12 tries to nail that broll down then maybe I get some 5s and sw3s and maybe some variations on the broll and a tantrum... I've got high hopes!
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
still making hs and ts 180s about 50% of the time W2W. better on ts jumps but still not feeling it for a 360 try...
Old     (wally247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-14-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
This is my first summer boarding. I went one time last year and learned how to get up and thats pretty much it. I've gone three times this year and have gotten comfortable edging and doing ok at switch riding and now I'm working on my jumps.
Old     (plooky)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-15-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
I ride a cable. been trying raleys for months gave it a break for a while as not getting anywhere. been practicing blind ollie 180's instead. that was till i messed one up and ended up twisting my ankle last week. haven't rode since as not able to do anything on it other than walk.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-15-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
seems like most of us have been riding less for one reason or another. I got off to a solid start mid April and hit it pretty hard for about 6 weeks. was working on grabbed 180s and a consistent TS approach. Felt like I was making more progress this year than ever.... then I slightly sprained my ankle last Wednesday. I can walk, just still nervous about strapping in. skate and surf till i'm 100%