Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-30-2017, 9:34 PM Reply   
Tried Chemical Guys marine "Wipe Down" product after reading the detailed reviews from customers. Sounded too good not to try. First, the shipping cost is high and no gallon option so I ordered 6 bottles for free shipping. Ran out of water spot spray a week ago and got my order in Saturday morning BUT I forgot it at home. So, Friday and Saturday I only wiped my boat down with a damp beach towel which didn't get the all the water scum line off and left some spots here and there on the gel coat and stainless. After baking some of the spots today and the past couple days in 100-105 degrees i finally got to use the "Wipe Down". I am very impressed with the product and is easily the best water spot remover I've used but never heard of. Even tried it on areas way under the boat like the chines and took off layered water spots after two applications. Took EVERY spot off the stainless tie towns. I've owned 8 boats (none had white gel coat) and I've used a gallon of Hot Sauce (good results, minimal streaking, hate the smell) a gallon of Speed Gloss (Streaked a little more than Hot Sauce, good results with spots, felt a little tacky when wiping, needed extra wiping), Babes water spot remover (never liked it, mediocre results), Babes Boat Bright (wasn't impressed, not good results), Hula Water spot Remover (not bad but sprayed thick, smelled great).
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Wipe_Dow...p/mbw10416.htm
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-31-2017, 8:37 AM Reply   
Are you following that with a spray detailer or using the Wipe Down as a combo water spot remover and detailer?

I've tried the same products as you and recently have been using the Hot Sauce and followed it quickie Sauce.
I have tried Speed Gloss and the Hula Boat water spot remover but prefer the Hot Sauce plus Quickie Sauce. I'm going to give the Wipe down a try.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
So that's about $80 per gallon?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-31-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
Are you following that with a spray detailer or using the Wipe Down as a combo water spot remover and detailer?

I've tried the same products as you and recently have been using the Hot Sauce and followed it quickie Sauce.
I have tried Speed Gloss and the Hula Boat water spot remover but prefer the Hot Sauce plus Quickie Sauce. I'm going to give the Wipe down a try.
I use Blackfire Wet Diamond every 3-4 outings as my detailer. It keeps the gel coat nice and slick and the vapor blue (main color on my boat) deep and rich looking.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-31-2017, 9:21 AM Reply   
Well crap if it didnt just order some BB Hot Sauce I'd give this stuff a try. All these specialty boat cleaners are over priced but if it works I guess you get what you pay for .
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-31-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So that's about $80 per gallon?
Yeah it's high priced to get to a gallon compared to others but man it worked so good and easy. I enquirered with them to see if they would consider packaging it by the gallon as an option to see what price reduction that could get.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-31-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
All I have ever used on my boat after pulling it out of the water is a good wipe down with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Synt.../dp/B0000AY69V

The Absorber is great for wiping down the interior as well as the deck, hull and trailer. When it gets really dirty, I throw it in the washer. Keep it in the plastic case and it is always damp and ready to use. If you're not already using this as at least part of your clean up, by one now and thank me later.

Jman
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-31-2017, 9:11 PM Reply   
Another small brand option is http://spotlessboat.com/

I've being using it the last year and like it, no complaints. I've tried two of the big name brands and feel this does a better job. Yearly I layer wax, polish, and sealer on my boat, so its usually a quick wipe down.
Cheers,
Dennis
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       08-01-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanolinsky View Post
All I have ever used on my boat after pulling it out of the water is a good wipe down with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Synt.../dp/B0000AY69V

The Absorber is great for wiping down the interior as well as the deck, hull and trailer. When it gets really dirty, I throw it in the washer. Keep it in the plastic case and it is always damp and ready to use. If you're not already using this as at least part of your clean up, by one now and thank me later.

Jman
Not sure if you have seen these...very funny. The post of the chamois reminded me of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzBqpPZo7_0

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jxq3EJbMBc
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2017, 9:15 PM Reply   
AJ, I've been waiting to hear you say you use half as much-or a lot less of this stuff as you do hot sauce. Haven't heard it so it seems a bad purchase on its face. Hot sauce is super well known to most people here so can you give a better reason for me to spend another $30 a gallon to wipe down my boat? I'm open to it. You gotta convince me though.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2017, 9:16 PM Reply   
Also, does it have any other additives like wax etc like hot sauce does?
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       08-02-2017, 5:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denystaucd View Post
Another small brand option is http://spotlessboat.com/

I've being using it the last year and like it, no complaints. I've tried two of the big name brands and feel this does a better job. Yearly I layer wax, polish, and sealer on my boat, so its usually a quick wipe down.
Cheers,
Dennis
Thank you Dennis for the shout-out. We have our 1 & 2 gallon packages on sale now. All gallon packages come with a fully labeled empty quart sprayer. http://spotlessboat.com/shop/gallon-empty-sprayer/
  • Dissolves Water Spots and Protects Against UV Damage
  • NO Odor & Leaves Bright Finish
  • Safe for Daily Use on Painted Surfaces, Fiberglass, Glass, Stainless Steel and Aluminum

Visit us at Supra PWT #4 Aug 12 2017 at the Voice of America Park, West Chester OH with our local Supra/Moomba/Spotless dealer http://www.searayofcincinnati.com
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-02-2017, 6:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Also, does it have any other additives like wax etc like hot sauce does?
Hot Sauce does not contain wax, says so on their website. I'm not concerned with convincing anyone honestly, just gave my opinion on my results. I never said "you guys need to try this stuff". It removed water spots that were left easier (less elbow grease) than I've experienced with Hot Sauce, not much less but less. I hate the smell of Hot Sauce but that's just me as I've read quite a few people say they like the way it smells. As far as amount used, well I didn't spray more except the one area near the thru-hull way under between the bunks to see if it would take off layers of spots that most of us won't crawl on our backs to get to daily. I will try less sprays next time out as this was the first use of it. I don't mind if it's $30 more a gallon if it lasts me 6 months because that to me is 6 months of faster and easier boat wiping down. I see it as a plus for me, how you see it is up to you.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-02-2017, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
AJ, I've been waiting to hear you say you use half as much-or a lot less of this stuff as you do hot sauce. Haven't heard it so it seems a bad purchase on its face. Hot sauce is super well known to most people here so can you give a better reason for me to spend another $30 a gallon to wipe down my boat? I'm open to it. You gotta convince me though.
It would be more like $22 difference if you take into account $8 shipping for Hot Sauce and free shipping for gallon equivalent for Wipe Down. Still, Hot Sauce wins in the cost
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-03-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Once I run out of the Hot sauce I just got in the mail I think ill try the Chemical Guys spot remover . The HS works but it definitely takes some elbow grease and I cant stand the smell either .lol .
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-03-2017, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Once I run out of the Hot sauce I just got in the mail I think ill try the Chemical Guys spot remover . The HS works but it definitely takes some elbow grease and I cant stand the smell either .lol .
From what I saw on the Chemical Guys marine page on their website is that they have the "Wipe Down Detailer and Water Spot Remover" which what I ordered and using now but they also has a "Heavy Duty Water Spot Remover" that's a squeeze bottle cream. I should've gotten a bottle of that just for under the hull by the bunks to try out as it has great detailed reviews.

Last edited by you_da_man; 08-03-2017 at 7:35 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2017, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
It would be more like $22 difference if you take into account $8 shipping for Hot Sauce and free shipping for gallon equivalent for Wipe Down. Still, Hot Sauce wins in the cost
Since we're getting technical, you can get hot sauce from iboats.com delivered for $40.86 per gallon. I usually get it from my local dealer for $45. That said, hot sauce stinks like no other. I just like it because it works.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:33 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us