Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       06-24-2014, 3:04 PM Reply   
My head unit seems to have given up the ghost. It's a Kenwood that was in the boat when I got it a few years ago. Never had a Kenwood (usually Alpine for me) but overall I liked how this one worked, it had a USB port to play MP3 off a thumb drive and an IR remote which I never had before but has grown on me when lounging in the boat or hanging out in the water around the boat.

So I'm looking for a head unit that has a USB port to play MP3 from a thumb drive and will work with an IR remote. Would be nice if USB port would charge a phone but not really critical as I've been meaning to add USB charge ports in a more convenient location anyhow. Prefer a marine head unit as I have a feeling from how the current one is acting up it's likely from moisture and occasional wetness/rain/etc. Don't have any amps or subs, nothing fancy just 4 speakers that were in the boat when I got it and sound fine to me. Budget $150-ish, will spend more for quality and good features/layout/controls but generally want something that simply plays MP3 from a USB drive, supports an IR remote, and won't crap out in a year or two if it gets a few drops of water from time to time.

I have a feeling this may be a bit basic compared to most guys here audio needs, but it seems difficult to determine whether a head unit supports a remote and if so what the actual remote model it works with is. Thanks for any recommendations!