Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-12-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
So I've been riding for a while and would consider myself and int/adv. rider. I have a LF S4 138 and I weigh 200 lbs. When I am doing progressive edge tricks I seem to be getting a little caught up in the wake (which is not washy or lippy). I have adjusted a little so I won't get caught up so much by laying off my edge a little (but this slows my rotation on backrolls and doesn't give me quite the extension I want on raleys). Are larger boards more buoyant?/ Would it help to get a bigger board? I ride a pretty wide stance (I am 6').

Thanks
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2011, 5:48 PM Reply   
I'm 5'6" and have a pretty wide stance.I ride a 140 CWB MARIUS and i only weigh 160 lbs.Do you have pics of you getting caught in the wake?WHAT water depth do you ride in?What weight,speed and line length?Also what is TAPS set at?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2011, 7:04 PM Reply   
larger board i think would be better. more surface area = more buoyant
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-12-2011, 10:06 PM Reply   
grant, man up and ride a 142 already. you'll ride gooderer.

and then get your butt out to SML and quit hanging around blacksburg/creepin on my sister.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-13-2011, 6:12 AM Reply   
I was riding the same board and had the same problem. Im 6-0' 185 lbs. I just went to the 143 harley and it solved the wake swollowing my board.
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I think I will have to step up my board to solve the problem. Robert, I got my wake dialed in..the wake isn't the problem. I ride taps at like 6/5 with fully weighted around 23-25 mph @ 75/80ft. (22v Tige)....

Nick i've been stalking the crap out of your sister..shes smokin' hot and I can't resist my urges....she better hook me up with that ride to SML or il have to creep some more...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-13-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillwiththebrosandkickback View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I think I will have to step up my board to solve the problem. Robert, I got my wake dialed in..the wake isn't the problem. I ride taps at like 6/5 with fully weighted around 23-25 mph @ 75/80ft. (22v Tige)....

Nick i've been stalking the crap out of your sister..shes smokin' hot and I can't resist my urges....she better hook me up with that ride to SML or il have to creep some more...
Sounds like you've got the wake dialed.I had a PS3 and felt like it was slow and not enough pop.As far as liquid force goes i like the witness and i now have a Watson Hybrid[my cable board].It's fast and has tons of pop.