Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-10-2018, 7:32 PM Reply   
Just picked up a 2005 Session 22si. What ballast setup do you guys run. I have takening out the two rear tanks and planning on adding 1100lbs sacs on each side. Just wondering from someone who has spent time on this boat where it likes weight. Can I get away with the 200lb bow tank and 300lbs of lead up there or does the session like bow weight? Any pics with setup info and speed would be appreciated. Already upgraded prop and went to GPS cruise.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-17-2018, 9:31 PM Reply   
not sure but don't buy those 1100 just yet. I don't think you can run that much in the back
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-18-2018, 5:53 AM Reply   
Someone on here may correct me, but i seem to remember that there was some rumbling about these boats copying malibu with the hulls? pretty sure it was on here that i read it. I would spend some time on here with the search function and see what you can dig up,should be a good bit.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-18-2018, 8:18 AM Reply   
those inboards? looked like an I/O to me
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-19-2018, 6:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigflips View Post
Just picked up a 2005 Session 22si. What ballast setup do you guys run. I have takening out the two rear tanks and planning on adding 1100lbs sacs on each side. Just wondering from someone who has spent time on this boat where it likes weight. Can I get away with the 200lb bow tank and 300lbs of lead up there or does the session like bow weight? Any pics with setup info and speed would be appreciated. Already upgraded prop and went to GPS cruise.
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewto...d2b1561596fde5

Looks like the wake behind the 2003 xi was killer with minimum ballast!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-19-2018, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
those inboards? looked like an I/O to me
It's an inboard, and the wake was supposed to be killer for wakeboarding. I never rode one but I heard great things.
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-24-2018, 11:15 AM Reply   
Just wondering if any one has loaded it out. The pics of the wake look good and it just stock weight. I upgraded to the Acme 2775 it was ACME suggested. Reason going will 1100 in rear is for surfing. Will use it if the boat can handle it for wakeboarding. Just trying to figure out what to put up front. The SI only has two rear and and one small bow tank that is in the noise of the boat. I removed the rear tanks for the sacs. Right now planning on two wedges in the bow under the seats.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-24-2018, 1:45 PM Reply   
with that prop, should be fine. load that puppy up. most boats like 60% in back, 40% up front. some lead bags make it easy to move around and test different configurations. if you intend to surf, get the 1100s. you can always fill 50% or so for wakeboarding
Old     (vr6gitti)      Join Date: Nov 2018       11-30-2018, 10:04 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 2004 22xi. We were able to surf it with only the rear ballast full (500lbs) and a home made surf gate. I'm 230lbs and the wave had plenty of push. I ordered 1000lb sacks to replaced the tanks on Black Friday from wake makers. Haven't got them yet but I've already started to remove the tanks in preparation. I'm also ordered a 610lb bag to go under the rear seat. Should be roughly 3000lbs with the bow tank, belly tank, rear seat sack, and rear sacks loaded up. I'm also in the process of rebuilding all 5 of the jabsco ballast puppy pumps.
Attached Images