Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-11-2019, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
In this case we have our oil. It is best to use the worlds oil, that way if theirs goes away, we have our supply.

For the minerals, we either don't have any at the moment or past parties have made it impossible for us to mine for them in the US. As that being the case, we need to have our own control of minerals are we will really be screwed by the world actors. Of course that is ok with you democrats considering we would not want any companies to have rights to mine them but it is ok for the chinese to mine them.
"Our oil"? You do realize that companies that drill for oil in the US are free to export to just about any country they choose? Companies certainly aren't stockpiling oil for American consumption as you seem to propose.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-11-2019, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"Our oil"? You do realize that companies that drill for oil in the US are free to export to just about any country they choose? Companies certainly aren't stockpiling oil for American consumption as you seem to propose.
Do you know know about our strategic reserves? I though you guys said we have to get all that Iraq and Saudi oil and we are beholden to them. Why would we sell our oil if we need all of ours plus all of theirs? You democrats. Telling the story any way you want as long as it begins and ends with the US looking bad.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-11-2019, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do you know know about our strategic reserves? I though you guys said we have to get all that Iraq and Saudi oil and we are beholden to them. Why would we sell our oil if we need all of ours plus all of theirs? You democrats. Telling the story any way you want as long as it begins and ends with the US looking bad.
Yeah, our strategic reserve equates to about a month's supply of the US's consumption.

You don't get it. Oil that is drilled in the US doesn't become property of the US government. It is property of whatever company owns the well. They are then free to sell to whoever is going to create the largest profit. It has nothing to do with democrat or republican. It's called the free market. You seem to think you live in Venezuela.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-11-2019, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, our strategic reserve equates to about a month's supply of the US's consumption.

You don't get it. Oil that is drilled in the US doesn't become property of the US government. It is property of whatever company owns the well. They are then free to sell to whoever is going to create the largest profit. It has nothing to do with democrat or republican. It's called the free market. You seem to think you live in Venezuela.
So what is the negative to that. The government collects taxes. Jobs are created. If they US really needed every bit of oil in the world like leftist claim we are invading everyone for, then why would our companies need to sell it to anyone else? It would all stay domestic. Why is there such an adversion to companies making products. Are we really down to this?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-11-2019, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
So what is the negative to that. The government collects taxes. Jobs are created. If they US really needed every bit of oil in the world like leftist claim we are invading everyone for, then why would our companies need to sell it to anyone else? It would all stay domestic. Why is there such an adversion to companies making products. Are we really down to this?
See, now you are just being dishonest. Me pointing out to you how the oil market in the US does not equate to me saying I have any "adversion (sic)" to it. Quit being so obtuse.

And you are taking the narrative of a few (from the George W. Bush presidency) and claiming it to be the entire democratic party. Let's do that with every crazy thing that came from a loony right-winger and then apply it universally to the entire GOP.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-11-2019, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
See, now you are just being dishonest. Me pointing out to you how the oil market in the US does not equate to me saying I have any "adversion (sic)" to it. Quit being so obtuse.

And you are taking the narrative of a few (from the George W. Bush presidency) and claiming it to be the entire democratic party. Let's do that with every crazy thing that came from a loony right-winger and then apply it universally to the entire GOP.
Well. Look who is slowly becoming a fascist. Good for you. I assume you are becoming a fascist? Isn't that the name the left gives anyone with a common sense position these days? Hard to keep up.

The reason I say adversion is you guys always seem to argue that businesses and so on producing and selling is a negative. Well at least when companies from the US do it.

Besides, the narrative was not just from the Bush era. Ralph just said it in one of these threads less than 2 weeks ago.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-11-2019, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well. Look who is slowly becoming a fascist. Good for you. I assume you are becoming a fascist? Isn't that the name the left gives anyone with a common sense position these days? Hard to keep up.

The reason I say adversion is you guys always seem to argue that businesses and so on producing and selling is a negative. Well at least when companies from the US do it.

Besides, the narrative was not just from the Bush era. Ralph just said it in one of these threads less than 2 weeks ago.
Dude, I work in private business (an American company). Do you think I am against what I do for a living? Or that I want the company I work for to fail, so that will negatively impact me?

Ralph lives in New Zealand. Who knew that a person that lives in another country is the spokesman for the DNC.