Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 51 44.35%
NOT 64 55.65%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
by the way, I voted " HOT"
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-25-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Not to single you out, but these sweeping generalizations are hilarious.

Girls who rip on a wakeboard who are beautiful, fit and have tats vs. Victoria Secret models... really?
I could care less if a girl wakeboards or not. Tattoo's take away from a fit body fyi. Hence why most fitness competitors stay away from tattoo's for this reason. And yes I would take a Victoria model over any of those girls. My taste. I like girly girls, most tattoos are too masculine for my liking on a girl.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-25-2014, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_h View Post
I could care less if a girl wakeboards or not. Tattoo's take away from a fit body fyi. Hence why most fitness competitors stay away from tattoo's for this reason. And yes I would take a Victoria model over any of those girls. My taste. I like girly girls, most tattoos are too masculine for my liking on a girl.
I am complete opposite. I don't mind tattoos. I like a girl that is willing to try and wakeboard, snowboard, play sports, stuff like that. I definitely wouldn't let tattoos get in the way of a hot chick's personality. They should never be a deal breaker.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2014, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
I am complete opposite. I don't mind tattoos. I like a girl that is willing to try and wakeboard, snowboard, play sports, stuff like that. I definitely wouldn't let tattoos get in the way of a hot chick's personality. They should never be a deal breaker.
Orly?

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/24525...er-vampiro.jpg
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-25-2014, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
Orly?
Would smash.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2014, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Would smash.

Respect
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-25-2014, 11:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Ive got 30 year old tats and they still look good, so to everyone that thinks they will be just a blob in 20-30 years, dont say crap, until you know the facts. And if my granmother had tats, I would think that was awesome! People don't get tattoos for others, and really do not care what others think about them......
So are you saying that you have tats that contain script that is still clean and legible after 30 years or are you saying that they still just look good to YOU?..... No friggin way-unless it's über simple, not in cursive, and they must be large letters. I'm the only one who mentioned tattoos of script looking like a "blob" so I'm assuming you're referring to my comments. If not, carry on.

For the rest of the few who may be contemplating a tattoo, just do any search on tattoo regrets or 20-30 year old tatto ect. Just for giggles and after reading this thread, I did and it confirmed my own experience.

Tattoos are just a trend now so why not be different and NOT get one? Unlike clothes, piercings, or hairstyles and hair color, you can't undue them. You're scarred for life. Plus without them, you can still get a respectable job and not look like a wannabe conformist to the latest trend. For the record, the only thing I'm hatin on are regrets.

Last edited by markj; 06-25-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-26-2014, 3:08 AM Reply   
*ragrets*
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2014, 5:29 AM Reply   
I went into my closet and pulled out my favorite shirt. I think I'm going to wear that shirt every day for the rest of my life. It will always be cool, if it begins to wear I'll just touch up the bad parts and its appropriate for all occasions.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-26-2014, 6:37 AM Reply   
I voted "hot". you guys are crazy.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
I went into my closet and pulled out my favorite shirt. I think I'm going to wear that shirt every day for the rest of my life.
Now you're just trying to copy me.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
Is this Art Immatating Life or What? Haydeen Panettiere had her "live with out regrets" tattoo spelled wrong "Woops"
http://youtu.be/jW6utylYzRQ

And speaking of Tattoo regret, I'm not 100% sure this is Legit. I mean it's so f-ing stupid I can't believe someone would do this!
http://youtu.be/DTIU6a0rIHE
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Nothing like "Living with out regret "
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1443647
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-26-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
I don't believe that Rob Dyrdeck tattoo is real. It's not red or swollen like it would be after just getting done.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
MarkJ, I was talking about tattoos in general, and yes my script is not cursive, and its only half inch tall in size. I did not say they look exactly like they did new, but are still plenty legible and not a blob, and it was done 30 plus years ago.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-26-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
^^^ Roger that.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-26-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
Somebody say roger?!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-27-2014, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So are you saying that you have tats that contain script that is still clean and legible after 30 years or are you saying that they still just look good to YOU?..... No friggin way-unless it's über simple, not in cursive, and they must be large letters. I'm the only one who mentioned tattoos of script looking like a "blob" so I'm assuming you're referring to my comments. If not, carry on.

For the rest of the few who may be contemplating a tattoo, just do any search on tattoo regrets or 20-30 year old tatto ect. Just for giggles and after reading this thread, I did and it confirmed my own experience.

Tattoos are just a trend now so why not be different and NOT get one? Unlike clothes, piercings, or hairstyles and hair color, you can't undue them. You're scarred for life. Plus without them, you can still get a respectable job and not look like a wannabe conformist to the latest trend. For the record, the only thing I'm hatin on are regrets.

Wow Mark some of your statements shock me a bit. What would you consider a "respectable job"? Sadly job discrimination is live and well on this matter and personally I wouldn't want to work for any company that doesn't hire the most qualified and instead hires based on looks. I'm a Fireman with a few tattoos and a 2/3rds sleeve. A few hours ago I saved a mans life who's heart stopped suddenly 20ft away from me. I'm sure the first thing he thought when he came to was "I can't believe someone let this EX-CON(as you put it) looking guy save my life!" You "older" guys need to realize that these kids are growing up in different times and it's OK to have tattoo's. When I'm 70 and my tattoos don't look good guess what, the guy next to me will have some, and the person next to them, and next to them and oh yea your daughter too so start accepting it.

My tattoo's symbolize who I am, my values and my family... none of which will be "out of style". If you actually took the time to ask that person with tattoo's what the tattoo's represent you might have a different outlook but instead you sit back and judge them with a closed, one sided mind.

To the woman in the photo's you are beautiful and to Dave(wakeworld) why don't you move this thread where it belongs in the non-wake section before you contribute to it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-28-2014, 2:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
Wow Mark some of your statements shock me a bit. What would you consider a "respectable job"? Sadly job discrimination is live and well on this matter and personally I wouldn't want to work for any company that doesn't hire the most qualified and instead hires based on looks. I'm a Fireman with a few tattoos and a 2/3rds sleeve. A few hours ago I saved a mans life who's heart stopped suddenly 20ft away from me. I'm sure the first thing he thought when he came to was "I can't believe someone let this EX-CON(as you put it) looking guy save my life!" You "older" guys need to realize that these kids are growing up in different times and it's OK to have tattoo's. When I'm 70 and my tattoos don't look good guess what, the guy next to me will have some, and the person next to them, and next to them and oh yea your daughter too so start accepting it.

My tattoo's symbolize who I am, my values and my family... none of which will be "out of style". If you actually took the time to ask that person with tattoo's what the tattoo's represent you might have a different outlook but instead you sit back and judge them with a closed, one sided mind.

To the woman in the photo's you are beautiful and to Dave(wakeworld) why don't you move this thread where it belongs in the non-wake section before you contribute to it.
Hey Ryan,
I'm surprised to see it took you so long to reply to this thread. I thought you would have a lot to say about this.

First off, "closed one sided mind???" Did you bump your head? Have you really read what I've said in total? I didn't make the rules of society and what it accepts. Society did. I just recognize and acknowledge it. Don't kill the messenger....... Is society's judgement right or just? Almost never but, we all gotta live in it right? If not, we can go live in a commune or drop out etc. I do predict that society will grow to accept tats more in the future. The majority of my criticism surrounded the longevity of script tattoos. The rest of my yapping was just a reflection of what the world around us accepts or doesn't. I wish this F'ing thread would end but here I go replying again...

Good job on saving that life and doing what you're paid to do. Everyone should respect that and I for one certainly do. I also respect what it takes just to obtain that job. It's a TON of work and you've gotta jump through some hoops and put up with a lot just to get there but, the retirement sure pays off right? I'm sure I'd have no problem with ANYONE's looks who saved my life! I also have no problem watching any of your crew riding past us on the river for that matter.

I realize there is a generational gap between people who like tats and those who don't. In all honesty and despite what you must have inferred, I'm one who initially likes them. Even the ones shown in the pics that started this thread however, I can't get over the fact (IMO) that most of them look like shiz later in life-which degrades the value of ever getting them. After having been there, done that, I'm over it. It's only my experience. Don't make me post pics. Maybe those who want them now don't care. I know I didn't care when I got both of mine. It's just that now I'm one of many who have regrets. You can do with that what you please. It's just one guy's opinion about his own experience. Nothing more. Also, don't forget that I've indicted myself too in my critisism so I'm not some jerk sitting there on a soap box hating and bloviating about how "those young punks need to learn a thing or two" like some old as$wipe. I'm speaking from the heart about my own regrets on a public forum-(Not sure of that wisdom). Only one other "older" person in this thread of almost 100 posts has done that and he has no regrets of his tats so there you go. It's 50/50 coming from those with experience and balls enough to talk about it candidly. Everyone can and should decide for themselves. I'm no authority.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-28-2014, 5:42 AM Reply   
interesting how this became more about body art than body.If hot means sexy then their bodys speak for themselves.Does anyone see any cellulite?Although everyone has different taste so hot or not is opinion.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-29-2014, 8:40 PM Reply   
since this turned into a thread about tattoos and their justification, lets examine this from a statistical standpoint:

people on this thread whom have tattoos that regret them: n >=1.
people on this thread whom dont have tattoos and regret not getting them: n<=0.

the extrapolation is that no untattooed person regrets their decision to not get ink while at least one tattooed person does regret the decision. now, if we look at society as a whole, i would imagine we could find an un-inked person here or there that really regrets their decision to not enter a tattoo parlor. i suspect that person would be much harder to find than a inked person that regrets their decision to get inked. the statistics in this thread alone point to the fact that the outcome of your decision to get ink is riskier than the outcome of a decision to not get ink.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-29-2014, 9:47 PM Reply   
Just statistic wise, 1 in 4 people regret a tattoo(s) they have gotten. 3 out of 4 don't regret any they've gotten.
I have a few and don't regret them. I have thought about getting more but haven't decided what and where yet.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-29-2014, 10:08 PM Reply   
I wished I didn't have tattoos any more. It became so trendy in the last 10 years every 18 year old year with 1200$ has sleeves now making them much less original. Just my opinion.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-02-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Leave it to the Americans to fight over a girl in a bikini LOL

Sincerely,

Your friend from the north who doesn't like tatoos but could live with it.