Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-31-2015, 5:41 PM Reply   
Anyone know where to buy the replacement rubber and plastic screw on caps for older sacks? I've browsed several websites, and all they offer is replacements for the newer fittings (notched, tsunami pump fitting). If anyones got an idea where to find please let me know, OR maybe you have an extra from an old sack I could buy? Just missing one!

Thanks!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-31-2015, 8:17 PM Reply   
Hey Torrey,

I'm not sure about the actual plugs but I've used caps off of old syrup bottles and other condiment bottles. They seem to fit exactly the threading of the old style fatsacs.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-01-2015, 6:57 AM Reply   
I got you:

http://www.the-house.com/ballast-fittings.html
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-01-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
If these are not right call them, I know they have them.
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-01-2015, 7:57 AM Reply   
Ryan, I'll see if that might work. Still would like to seek out the plug too.

Andy, those are for newer style sacks. What I am looking for is just the rubber stopper/plug and the threaded plastic cap that holds the plug in place. Think back for sacks from 10+ years ago. I'll give them a call though and see if they have any laying around. If not I may bust out the duct tape. Thanks!
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       06-01-2015, 8:09 AM Reply   
Try a place that sells waterbeds. Years ago I needed the fill adapter for the older style sac and found them at a waterbed retailer. Maybe they carry or can get the plugs/caps as well.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-01-2015, 9:42 PM Reply   
I need one too! For my bullet lines 500lb. With the bogus rubber plug and water bottle plastic cap lol
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-01-2015, 10:16 PM Reply   
Previous poster is correct - what you need is waterbed plugs and caps. Readily available on eBay.

A word of caution - with sacks these old, the rubber likely will have deteriorated and there is a good chance it can no longer withstand the pressure of being filled. I learned this the very hard way last summer visiting my in-laws and trying to drop father-in-law's Prostar just a bit with 500 pounds on each side of the motor box. Everything looked good while they were filling, got one filled, then the second. As the second sack was nearing full, the rubber blew out and instantly all the water turned the boat into a bathtub. I thought for a second it was a freak accident and as I was scrambling to deal with the mess, I climbed across the first one that I had filled, and like a bad movie, it blew out as well.

It could have been worse except for the fact that he has a good bilge pump and nobody was on the dock at the time to see the fiasco except me. I got it cleaned up, invented a plausible story about why the carpet is damp, then headed straight over to Ambush for all new sacks and an upgraded pump.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-01-2015, 10:49 PM Reply   
I just went looking to see if I have any old ones laying around in my shop. Didn't find any, but I did find an old extra pump and I confirmed it is the same size fitting as a standard garden hose. So in a pinch, you could just go to the garden section of your hardware store, get one of those little screw-on in-line valves for a garden hose, screw it onto your sack and just keep the valve closed, or they might even have something better. Or go full redneck and just screw on an old garden hose spray nozzle.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-02-2015, 11:31 AM Reply   
My sacs aren't old. I just ordered them from bullet lines the middle of last summer. But someone lost the cap and now that sac is unusable
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
http://seattlewatersports.com/produc...aps-and-plugs/
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2015, 1:45 PM Reply   
Oh and a pop top red maple syrup cap works too.... Ask me how I know
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-03-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
Hey Torry - how many do you need?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-03-2015, 2:43 PM Reply   
the red caps that come on the inside of the Gallon size Babes bottles work as well in case of a bind.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-04-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
www.marine-products.com has them, comes with 2 plugs and 2 caps. Was in the shop yesterday and seen them...
Use discount code: DFTR2015 before you check out.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-04-2015, 9:16 AM Reply   
Send me your email. I have a few spares on my boat. I can mail a set out to you.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-05-2015, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
That's what I needed. Thanks man!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-05-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Called them and ordered a couple extra. They don't have any in stock right now but they come next day. They said they were going to bring in extra since it's the #1 selling thing on their site right now lol
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-05-2015, 8:23 PM Reply   
http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast