Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-05-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
Do you think the racks on the billet uprights will swivel? I like the more vertical transom.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-05-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   

Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-05-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-06-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
Nice, I think that last one is cool looking. It appears as though the trend will be "swoop", forward leaning towers. 20V looks nice too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2005, 7:06 AM Reply   
I wonder if that tower will hold up. It does look like it would be very strong, especially side to side.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-06-2005, 7:37 AM Reply   
I would say it doesn't look like the racks will swivel on the billet part
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-06-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
Anyone know if the 22V has changed? I didn't see any pics of that one.
Old    bambamski            07-06-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
That's the worst looking tower I've ever seen. Gee I wonder if the rope will get caught on the board racks?? I hope they stick with the present tower, it's the nicest one Tige has put out after years of the worst looking towers ever.

I like the back end of the 22v, no more big slope.
Old    davidhoffman            07-06-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
I am almost positive that the racks ARE swivel racks on the first picture, because the dealer here mentioned swivel racks, and that those supports can replace the ones on the 2005 tower.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-06-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
Why why why why why must Tige go with silly towers. Every year they put some funky flimsy looking tower on the boat, or towers that have racks that mount too high up to be convienent. This new one in the pics above is way too limited as far as putting accessories on it. Speakers, lights etc.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-07-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Yeah, the back of the 22v looks nice - looks like they also changed up the front seats. Any pics of the inside??? Top view???

Swivel Racks on the billet would be sweet... as long as they're solid and quiet. Tige has come a long way with towers... The new ones look good imo, and I LOVE HOW TALL they are. I just wish they were easier to fold - you have to take out four bolts with a wrench - not a big deal, but really a pain in the butt when you look at what else is out there... also, there's always room for strengthening... its just so much more impressive when you're on a boat with a tower that just doesn't move at all. (I'm hoping someone from tige reads this)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
I am not a big fan of any forward swooping tower. I find it inconvenient when trying to get in and out of the boat from the side.

I dont mind the look of most forward swooping towers... but that Tige one looks like it should be posted in the DIY muffler shop projects.

At least Malibu has some style... but that Tige design... AWFUL!
Old    zboomer            07-07-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
I love the way the new Tige boats look, but remain unconvinced on the towers, although it looks ok on the black/yellow boat above.

It's unfortunate regarding their towers -- their boats are one of the best looking out there!

I'd love to see one of these boats with a Supra, MC, or Malibu tower...
Old    al_kohol            07-07-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Hey Bambamski,
Tige' is also going to produce the existing 22 V style along with the new 22 VE. However.... Both boats will still be too large to fit in your garage.....
Old     (dgutz84)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Tigé will have swinging board racks for all tower options. Here's another tower option
application/pdf22Ve
22ve.pdf (103.4 k)
}
Old    bambamski            07-07-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
What's the difference between the 22V and the 22VE? Did they change the hull? I can't imagine that they would offer the same boat but two different transoms?

How do you know how big my garage is? My lack of depth in my garage Al Koholik is made up by my big deck in my back yard though...

Did they change the bow seats then? When I first saw the one peice seats I thought cool, they're just like the cobalt seats which were really nice and super comfy to sit in. However, they were nothing like the cobalt seats.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Those towers are indeed fugly.

WOW!
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
note from TigeOwners.com re: the forward swooping tower
"Tigé Owners --

The reverse tower shown in one of the 22Vé photos is an early prototype and is far from finalized. In fact, the photo shouldn’t have even been released. Tigé currently has no plans to release a reverse tower in '06. Because Tigé builds its towers in-house, we’re continually testing and refining new designs. The reverse prototype in the photo obviously fell short but it was one of many we were testing and Tigé has already moved on. We’ll let you know when we’ve got the real deal. Sorry for the confusion and thanks, as always, for the comments.
"
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
Why does Tige sneeze new fugly towers onto their boats every year?
Old    davidhoffman            07-07-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Pat - I think the difference is the addition of the walk-through option. If someone gets the walkway, it would be the 22Ve and If not, It would just be the 22v. Same with the 24 footers also.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
yeah i agree w/ everyone else, Tige even though might be a great boat there towers are a total turn off, and then trying to copy the VLX w/ the reverse tower, i hate those things, they look ok, but the rope constantly gets caught up and when you dock your boat on a hoist, you really cant get out of the boat unless you use the very back or very front.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
Forward sweeping towers are a bad idea. And, using it to escape the CC tower patent is silly. Pay the $25 to CC and use a useful tower!
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-08-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
the 22VE will have more rocker in the hull than the current 22V. At least that is what a little bird told me
Old    tige_kid            07-08-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
They just need to put samsons on there boats!!!
Old     (elduke)      Join Date: May 2002       07-08-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Reduced delta keel pad also to allow the boat to sink more. Should displace more water.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Actually there is a picture of a Tige with reverse tower from a few years ago, I think Wake Designs made that one. From the post above, they are just looking into it and that was a rough prototype. The 05' tower was a turn off to me initially, but I have grown to like it, much like the Malibu Illusion tower. I hated it at first but now would probably have it put on the boat if I bought a Malibu.
Old    zboomer            07-08-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
GD, et. al., that's open for definite debate. I'd bet Malibu sells 90% of their boats with the Illusion tower OPTION, and it costs extra, so a huge majority of buyers must disagree enough to pay extra for it.

It's ordered in such a major majority of the cases, they made it standard for '06 models when they come along.

I've had both types of towers, a "standard style" on my Supra, and the Illusion-X on my current boat, and the pros on the Illusion definitely outweigh the cons to me. It rocks.
Old    time4wake            07-19-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Boomer- What would you say the pros to a forward sweeping tower are?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have a 02 23v tige and love it, but I wish it had ballast plus TAPS, like the 03. I am lookin at getting a 06 22VE, will they have ballast and TAPS, did the 05 22V?
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2005, 10:58 PM Reply   
Those swoop towers suck a$$, I can't wait for them to go away. They look bad (IMNSHO), makes the boat feel closed in, have no structural added strength that i have ever seen, and are in the way! - right WERE YOU GET IN and out of the boat (esp. malibu, tige looks like they are trying harder, but it also looks like you have to be 5'1" or less to get around the tower on entry.)
Enough of the rant - i really like the new tige color schemes and gel patterns - looks good tige, just drop the "swoop" tower or invent one that is actually better. Like monster tower says - stronger, stiffer, fatter (or something to that effect) and not in the way.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
GD - i read through the CC tower patent and do not see how the illusion tower gets around this patent. Plus i think CC charges 100.00 royalty on each tower.
Hmm, not that i like lawyers, but at about 15K boats a year with towers that's $1.5M i could mount an attack on CC's patent for only $1.2M if any of the boat makers want to take me up... I think there is a 90% chance to win with all the prior art out there on poles and towers - could castrate the patent pretty easliy by picking off the big claims.