Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-25-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
Huge thanks to Leif, Charlie, and the rest of the guys at S&W!

While I was on a Lake Powell trip on our houseboat, on the last day I got an Engine Overheat warning on the '08 X-Star. I first checked to make sure I didnt have any weeds blocking any water flow, and then I checked the impeller. After both checked out and letting it cool down, I fired it back up and the temp began to rise again, so we towed it in and I headed back to Grand Junction, CO where I live. Needing to go to Denver the next day anways, I called up Leif at S&W and he told me to bring it down.

I got a late start the next day, and after my 4 hour drive to Denver, I got to S&W literally 10 minutes before they closed for the day. Before I could even get the truck in park, Leif and Charlie were already outside pulling the cover off the boat and taking a look at the engine. I told them what was going on, unhooked the trailer, and they brought it around back and in to the shop. I shot the ***** with Leif for a bit and they told me they would call me in the morning with any news. As I was getting into my truck, Charlie ran out and told me to take a look, holding the impeller in his hand. Sure as ***** the impeller looked good, until he spun the metal hub of the impeller inside the rubber! Hard for an engine to keep cool when it's not flowing any water!

Next day I show up at noon, and after two new exhaust hoses (mine got a little hot), a new impeller, and a lake test to ease my mind, I was back in Grand Junction for dinner.

Once again, huge thanks to the guys at S&W Performance, and especially Charlie, for jumping on this so quick and getting me back to the lake quickly. I know it was an easy fix, but these guys jumped on this in a heart beat and got it fixed, and to me that says a lot. I couldn't ask for any better service, and this is the reason I'll buy my next boat from them!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   
Nothing beats a good dealer!