Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-18-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thinking about picking up an FAE for my Calabria Cal-Air. I have 0 mechanical ability, anyone have knowledge or thoughts or how difficult this is to install?

dg
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-18-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
Takes about 2 hours and needs only basic tools and skills.

Go for it, you can do it and wont be sorry.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-18-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
FAE is great. I thought the install was easy. See my post. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/559019/433197.html
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
I just put one on my DD Supra and it is the next best thing to perfect pass to have on a boat IMO. Makes the boat quieter, easier to hear the stereo from 65' back, and the reduced CO2 is a definate plus. We just had a group FAE buy here on WW if you search the boats/accessories thread. You should be able to figure out the install from the directions.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
buy it, you will love it
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-19-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
I was thinking about installing one of these as well. Only problem is I have to remove my swim platform in order to fit my boat in the garage. Not positive, but I thought the FAE was somehow attached to the platform and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to uninstall the FAE each time I take off the platform....any thoughts? If i did do this would it be pretty simple each time? Thanks.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
FAE makes a quick release kit which is about another $30. I ordered mine with it and it works great.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-19-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
I am going to pick up one as soon as I can. I am looking forward to a more subdued exhaust note and of course the fresh air while surfing.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-19-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
It is not difficult to install. Just give yourself enough time, and you don't have to do it all at once. You do, however, have to finish it before you take the boat out again.
If you can't make sense of it Larry Mann is quick at getting back to you.
If you need to drill any extra, or new, holes in the steel it is not easy. The stainless is of very good quality and will very quickly dull whatever drill you are trying to use. You shouldn't have to drill any holes.