Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-18-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
I have 2003 Calabria Cal-Air. Still playing on how to weight it best for wakesurfing. It has the 700lb. Pure-Vert Internal Ballast which has 2 350lb tanks through the boat, a 540lb. launchpad bag, and a 540lb launch pad Recliner.

My thoughts are the bag in the trunk, and recliner next to the engine compartment on the side we are surfing, and the Pure-Vert Ballast filled on the side we are surfing.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

dg
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Dave, I am going thru the same thing that you are with my DD supra so I would be interested in how well that works for ya. Based on my results yesterday, I think that with a DD you really have to weight the surf side as much as possible to counter the center weight of the engine. I would try it the way you initially proposed and if that did not work try putting the launch pad bag (filled as much as you safely can) on top of the recliner on the surf side. Take some pics of your wake too and post.

In my initial try I had my rear 400# tank full with a 440 sac on drivers side engine. I think the mistake I made was in that I had my 600# ski locker sac full and I have now since been advised to put it on top of my 440# surf side sac.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-20-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
I have played with mine..best set up thus far is allteh weight in the back on the surf side...people are best ballast cause you can get them to move..my boat(x9) with 6-10 people..full rear ballast...maybe full front...depending on water...it takes alot of cruising and adjusting to dial in the DD cause they are pretty finnicky..once you dial it in..all GOOD!!