Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-17-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
I need to get a rack for my boat to get the boards out of the way. Any recos on board racks, was looking at the dBot5 Racks for 2 boards, thoughts on these?

dg
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       11-18-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
I have one and really like it. Fits two inland surfer boards fine! The surf rack also works pretty good for wakeboards. I have had two wakeboards in and placed one of those kid swim noodle things in between the boards and it worked well with no board clap. For the price they are hard to beat.
Old     (8ball)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-18-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
The problem with dBot5 is the manufacture. I have some on my boat and they are starting to rust after 6 months and can't get any help from dBot5 on getting replacements. Talking with other people that have them this is a real problem with their racks.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-18-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
I like the idea of the dBot5 racks, but I have heard some concerns about the quality. What about the Boss Laguna Rack. I have boss racks now and like the quality. It says it will hold wakesurf boards, anyone have thoughts about these. I want a rack that will hold 2 boards.

dg
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-18-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
I've have dBot5 racks and I love them. No complaints about the quality, and I can fit two IS surfboards on each rack. And, like Tim says, you can put wakeboards on them too. I have kids wakeboards and the bindings are pretty close together, and I was having trouble getting them into a standard wakeboard rack. With the dBot rack, I have enough room for the edge of the binding to fit in the slot so they fit perfectly. They do flap around a little bit, though, so the swim noodle thing is probably a good idea.

As for rust..I've noticed my screws getting a little rusty...I'll have to see how they look in the spring when I take it back out of storage. I imagine dBot will replace the screws for me if that's a problem.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-18-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Dbot all the way. Like Donnie, I haven't had any probs with mine. I have two AXL surf racks and one "strap on" -- can hold 5 boards - also surfracks hold wakeboards just fine as well. I think the rust issue might be on the chrome finish (at least from what I've heard).... I have the "silver flake" finish - looks little more like a "machined finish".
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-20-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
Boss racks are pretty much the best buy for your money (solid alum.) Purchase them from activewake.com they will give you the best deal. Well worth the money.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-20-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Blaze,

I went to that websiter, but I didnt see any Boss racks.

dg
Old     (calabriaman)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-20-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
My NVS racks hold my 4 surf boards.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-20-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
Jason,

Havent heard of NVS racks, do you have a pic or link to them?

dg
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-22-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
DG I bought mine 4 years ago, maybe they dont carry them anymore. If I find them somewhere else I will let you know. Sorry
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-22-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
DG try bosswake.com, not sure how good of a deal they will give you, but maybe they can give you a dealers name in your area. Good luck, they are a quality board rack. Good luck and happy rippin !