Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-10-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
2004 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV

* 300 hours
* Hammerhead 380
* Bimini, 4 tower speakers, lights, board racks
* Interior redone in 08' (Bad hail storm in the area that summer, I assume that is why)
* 3 Tank MLS

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-10-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
This time of year. 33k to 35k...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-10-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
$33K looks about right.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-10-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
I'd pay for gas to get a pull.
Old     (DBurke)      Join Date: Sep 2012 Location: Tennessee       11-10-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
I'd shoot for 30k
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-11-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!

Lady down the street put it up this fall for $35k, she still has it and is in storage, so my hope is offer something less than $30k and home we can settle at 30k after going back and forth.

I think I want to wait until we get a little more snow, let the desperation set in a bit.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 11-11-2014 at 9:46 AM.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-11-2014, 10:28 AM Reply   
Raise your price range to a grand or two above her asking price and take mine home. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415730457.805055.jpg
Views: 3364
Size:  65.9 KB 513 hours. 07 23LSV
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-11-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
That would be a pretty nice boat for less than $30k!
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-11-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
That would be a great price for low hour vdrive.

There was a 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV that just sold on ebay for STUPID cheap. 33k!

That said we are getting into that time of year where the market really drys up as once its in storage its out of sight and out of mind.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-11-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Raise your price range to a grand or two above her asking price and take mine home.
Pay more money, have to drive 12 hours to get it, and my guess is you guys ran it a bit harder than the 70 year old lady selling this one..... Sounds good, I'll be there this weekend.

but seriously, yours is beautiful, but I have had a nightmare of a time getting my wife to agree to this (if under 30k)... I know when to not push too far.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-11-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
I think $35K would be a spring/summer price for that boat. You could prob get it for low 30's this time of year
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-11-2014, 6:48 PM Reply   
What would you pay for this boat:

2004 SANTE 210:

380 hours
ZR6 6.0L, 375 HP Engine
Four Factory Tower Speakers
Docking Lights
Jump Seat
Bimini Top
Brand New Star Gazer Perfect Pass
Upgraded ballast with the tank buster upgrade from Wake Makers
Two Amps and Two subs
Attached Images

Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       11-11-2014, 8:03 PM Reply   
I'd pay about $12k, as that's my ceiling for any boat and I wouldn't go over for something that I'm not crazy about the style (windshield and tower mostly). I'm sure market value is significantly more. :P
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
What would you pay for this boat:

2004 SANTE 210:
If you're actually looking to sell it, I wouldn't be interested. My other option besides the LSV is buying my old boat back from my brother. That is a 95' Supersport Nautique, so pretty much the same as the SANTE... I would be paying him between $8-9k for that, just really wanted something +23 ft.

If you're just looking for a ballpark price of what I think its worth... my guess is it would sell for $26-$29k. Bigger engine is a plus... but single axle trailer, that tower style, and the seating arrangement of those SANTE's are cons for me.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-12-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
$12,000.00 - its yours! My wife would kill me if I sold it for that!

I am not looking to sell it now, as I am actually trading it in. I was just curious as to what you guys thought the FMV was on it.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-12-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
The wake on the 210 with the upgraded ballast is huge! I am going to miss it. Also, with the larger engine the boat has no problem getting out of the water quickly with a lot of ballast/people.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am not looking to sell it now, as I am actually trading it in. I was just curious as to what you guys thought the FMV was on it.
My guess going into winter just under $30k is what I think it could/would sell for. Coming into Spring / Summer maybe that jumps up to $32k +/-

I see Wisco on your profile, but TN on the boat... if you're in Wisco where abouts? I'm just south of Wisconsin Rapids
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-12-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
Yes, I am in Wisconsin in the Hudson area. The pic is from when I bought the boat last year. I bought that SANTE 210 so that I could have a boat at my cabin in northern WI, and then also have one wakeboard boat (Supra 21V) at home in Hudson because I generally borrow a tow vehicle from my father-in-law. Also, the lakes in Hudson/MN Metro have invasive species of almost every kind and my cabin lake (at least according to the DNR has none). However, I am downsizing to one new Supra SC 450 (last year's 2014 model at a discount). I still wakeboard quite a bit, but have three kids and wife who wants to wakesurf, so that boat should fit the bill. I really want a G21, but that is not in the budget and my wife really likes the SC 450. We are putting in that Mussel Master ballast filtration system in this SC 450, so I am excited to see how that works. We are also have a quick connect installed to the engine, so that can flush the engine with a garden hose very easily before the boat goes up to the cabin. Should be a slick setup.

I have ridden somewhat near where you live. I went to Point for undergraduate and used to ride the Wisconsin. We also used to ride at Lake Wazeecha. Good times!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have ridden somewhat near where you live. I went to Point for undergraduate and used to ride the Wisconsin. We also used to ride at Lake Wazeecha. Good times!
Yeah I live just south of Wazeecha, little lake called "Lake Sherwood"... I use to do show skiiing and we would always have the state tourney at Wazeecha.

You're not kidding about the metro either, we looked into bringing our Supersport when we moved, but it was just too much pain in the ass... the rules + storage + wife and I living downtown just made it easier to sell.

Good luck with the sale and I think you'll love the SC, they're beautiful! If I had the budget they would totally be on the list!
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-12-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
If you are ever coming to the Hudson area and want to try out wake on the SC - let me know.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-12-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
10 yr old boats are hard to sell unless you have cash. most banks don't want to touch anything after 10 yrs old.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-13-2014, 12:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Mastercraf_X5 View Post

There was a 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV that just sold on ebay for STUPID cheap. 33k!
That boat was a scam, nothing more. Was discussed in depth on TMC.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-14-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
nitrousbird I actually show now that it has been relisted haha
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-17-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
2004 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV

* 300 hours
* Hammerhead 380
* Bimini, 4 tower speakers, lights, board racks
* Interior redone in 08' (Bad hail storm in the area that summer, I assume that is why)
* 3 Tank MLS

Upgraded motor 3 tank ballast though isn't the four tank. I think 35K this time of year is fair. All the ones I have seen are asking around 38K or more for 04/05/06
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-17-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
Yeah I agree.... $35K not unreasonable, especially if it's local and you can see it and touch it and get a feel for how the prior owner treated it. Yeah there might be a couple across the country that go for 32-33, but probably not with the hammerhead (nice upgrade) and once you factor in shipping and your time, probably not much savings at all. I'd see what I could work on the deal, but knowing all the while the price wasn't terribly unreasonable to start with.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Looks like a very loaded up boat with a good color combo. Being owned by a little old lady that never threw 3000+ pounds of ballast in it would be a huge plus in my book. I would put that particular boat at the very highest end of what 2004 LSVs are worth because of the reasons mentioned.

If I remember right there was no option for bow ballast in the 04 LSV was there? Also the rear ballast wasn't subfloor was it? I don't know if either of those are negatives as adding an integrated bow sack plumbed in is easy and if no rear subfloor tanks all you have to do is pull them out and throw in 900's or something.

I don't know what the market is like in Wisconsin but that is a 40k boat in the summer in the Seattle area and probably high 30's in the winter.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-18-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Being owned by a little old lady that never threw 3000+ pounds of ballast in it would be a huge plus in my book.
this is huge for me too... I know what our boat(s) have gone through, and would rather not buy that same type of thing from someone else.

Quote:
I don't know what the market is like in Wisconsin but that is a 40k boat in the summer in the Seattle area and probably high 30's in the winter.
Market here is just sort of crazy... but the summer / winter swings are substantial.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-18-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
i wouldn't go over 30 personally. 04 had above floor tanks, issues with damper plates blowing through the transmission housing as well. Maybe an old lady owned it, but that doesn't mean she was the only one to drive it. I'd suspect a younger family member with less concern than the owner probably drove it more. My grandma owns a boat shes literally never driven and my grandpa drove probably less than 10 times. My cousins use it regularly and i did as well growing up prior to buying my boat. Inboards aren't exactly easy for older folks to park and maneuver and in our family it was the first inboard after always having i/o's. Just something to consider unless you know the lady personally. That being said the gel looks well kept and the value of anything is what someone is willing to pay. If you want it and think someone else would pay more maybe come up some.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-18-2014, 3:04 PM Reply   
Yeah I'm like Detox. I mean, i'm gullible as the day is long, but ... what sense does it make that a little old lady was the only user/operator of a Malibu wakeboard boat?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-18-2014, 3:09 PM Reply   
In 2004, there was this little old lady shopping for a new Malibu, making out her wish list ... " the Hammehead !!! "
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-19-2014, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
what sense does it make that a little old lady was the only user/operator of a Malibu wakeboard boat?
I'm really good friends with the seller's neighbors... I spent a fair amount of time at their place over the last few years and have seen the boat in action a lot. 75% of the time, her and her husband putting around, 25% pulling the grand-kids tubing at like 12 mph.