Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dreddy)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-12-2016, 6:46 AM Reply   
I'm planning on replacing my old Clarion marine head unit with some kind of minimal bluetooth only audio system this spring. There's minimal radio reception anyplace that we boat and I don't think I've ever had a CD on a boat in a decade of boating. Plugging the 1/8" stereo cable from the aux connection into various phones is just too old-school at this point. My goal is to have volume/mute and track control easily accessible from the driver's seat without having to touch the bluetooth source (typically an iPhone) that is safely charging in the glove box. That's about all we need.

I've looked at the Wet Sounds bluetooth volume control and the Exile audio digital media center and both look like solutions that would work. I've also looked at various replacement head units with bluetooth built in but they would then require some kind of additional remote to allow control from the driver's seat.

Are there any recommendations between these two or other solutions that I should consider?

Thx.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       02-12-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
Yes, look at the JL Audio MBT-RX and MBT-CRX units. Low price. The very best BT technology available.

If you want more than 2 volts output because you need to divide it between multiple amplifier inputs, or you need handy zone controls, or you just want the ease of a rotary volume control, check out the JL Audio CL-RLC 7.5 volt remote control line driver.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-12-2016, 10:24 AM Reply   
You can go the simple route and add that JL unit David recommended. I myself and 5 of my neighbors at the lake all run them. Great sound and range.

Only downside is you use the actual device to control playlists and tracks , but the volume on your remote still works.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-12-2016, 10:50 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about one of these. Mounts in a 3" hole.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pmx-2
Old     (dreddy)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-12-2016, 3:26 PM Reply   
Interesting link on the rockford unit. Time to do some googling. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Off to the local boat show this weekend. Maybe they have something on display.