Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kingfish217)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-24-2015, 7:20 AM Reply   
Good Afternoon everyone, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
I have a 2008 SAN 210 and just added the read piggyback system. I was hoping to get some information from everyone on adding that piggy back system to maximize weight in the rear locker space.. Was I supposed to take anything out , like the stock hard tank? Or should I leave it in? Should I have taken out the carpet that goes on top of the hard tank or keep it in? Was the carpet supposed to be taken out and reinstalled backwards, to help support the new bag in the compartment and prevent it from slipping down and under seating?
The reason I'm asking is, I had two buddies with me and I filled port side and belly ballast, I rode and the wake was perfect the white water pushed perfectly over and left me a perfect clean wake to go to town on.
THEN, a new guy didn't know how he rode and thought he would prefer the starboard side. I was letting water out of port and filling other side to accommodate, when he kind of gave up.... he almost had it but didn't.
So I took water out of starboard water and filled port back up, I couldn't get the wake the way it was. Since it was a light crowd, I was able to mess around with the system on the port side to maybe add more water by maximizing the space that's going to rear port side locker. I took out carpet, rearranged plumbing to run down, around, and next to hard tank getting it out of the way. Put carpet back in, but backwards to allow for the sac to completely fill the rear of the locker and for the "l" shape made of plastic to catch metal frame from seat and hold the sac into place better, everything seemed good, but still had some extra white water pushing into my wake. It was still a great day, just want to get this dialed in for a perfect wake with not as many poeple and seeing if you have any suggestions.
Old     (kingfish217)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-24-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Wakemaker piggyback system to my rear tanks...my bad!
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-24-2015, 11:04 AM Reply   
I have two buddies with '09 210s. They pulled the hard tanks and replaced them with 750s. Definitely the way to go.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-24-2015, 11:08 AM Reply   
Yeah I would just pull the hard tanks out and attach the pumps directly to larger bags. Simplifies the whole system.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2015, 5:39 PM Reply   
I also say pull the hard tanks. I own an 08 as well. 1100's will fit back there with the tanks out. That's what I run.......two pushes of the tank burn gets me where I need to be. Works great if you also want to surf. You can really max out the bag. If not 750's work as well. Just make sure you have weight up front to balance it out. It's a simple plug and play when you pull the tanks. You just loose your ballast gauges and have to rely on the timers. You gain a ton of storage and are able to run but more weight.

As far as the piggy back. Everything should stray in place. No carpet removed no panels removed. Bags just sit on top of that panel.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-24-2015 at 5:43 PM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-24-2015, 6:07 PM Reply   
I'm not a fan of removing the hard tank. I just run the 750's on top of the tank and now keep the carpet in place. If u keep hard tank in be careful there's a procedure u should follow to run inner vent tubes thru the bag so it doesn't collapse and cause no vent went emptying hard tanks. U can collapse your hard tanks if this happens most likely while emptying while at speed.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-25-2015, 9:19 PM Reply   
i have an 08 210 myself and pulled the hard tanks a couple years ago. there is no downside whatsoever. yes the gauges don't work. but who cares. you count button presses. also as was said you save soooo much space, because there is like 2 inch gap around the hard tanks.

i think it kind of depends also if you work on your boat yourself. like changing plugs, replacing oil pressure sensor, etc. so much easier without the tanks. you just sit on the collapsed bags and you are looking at side of the engine. or reaching under the engine to replace a old/bad bilge pump so much easier.

Last edited by scottb7; 07-25-2015 at 9:23 PM.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
If you piggy back, does the overflow from the factory attach to the bag on the bow or transom side of the bag?

Also, I saw these on wakemakers site. Seemed like a good idea as I have experienced the bowing of the panels.

http://www.wakemakers.com/engine-div...nel-saver.html