Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RAMZAK)      Join Date: Aug 2014       12-02-2015, 12:12 PM Reply   
Just saw these pics on the wake world website. What is that hanging off the back of the Pavati. Looks like the trim tab rests on it?
Attached Images

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-02-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
probably a thruster for maneuvering, which probably explains the joystick here:

Last edited by boardjnky4; 12-02-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old     (RAMZAK)      Join Date: Aug 2014       12-02-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
I was wondering what that joystick was for
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-02-2015, 2:27 PM Reply   
Side Thrusters. Got to take a tour of the boat a few months ago, amazing workmanship and ingenuity.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-02-2015, 4:29 PM Reply   
I was waiting for someone to start doing this.. Although I thought it would be "in" the boat.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-02-2015, 4:53 PM Reply   
Mastercraft offered it for the 2015 model year.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       12-02-2015, 6:12 PM Reply   
That interior looks beautiful
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-02-2015, 8:23 PM Reply   
The Parvati boats have been well ahead of their time and their craftsmanship is next to none. Seeing where the top 3 prices have gone I bet we start seeing some more of these rolling out. They're not such a far reach any longer. The performance is also on par in the wake and surf arena.

That's the thruster for close maneuvering. It's attached in same place as the ram for the plate. They encapsulated it in the cage to protect it.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-02-2015 at 8:25 PM.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-02-2015, 9:59 PM Reply   
Anybody know how they're using an NSS-like surf system with no issues? Does Nautique not control the patent?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-03-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
I bet they pay royalties to Malibu. Nautique does not have a patent. If memory serves me Malibu sued nautique and won.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       12-03-2015, 10:46 AM Reply   
Umm... It's a 23' boat right!?! If thrusters are needed for a boat that small that driver doesn't need to be behind the wheel IMHO! That's an expensive option when one can just simply drive or push the boat where it needs to be.

On another note I see they got rid of the dash so many had issues with. It looks much better!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-03-2015, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corerider View Post
Umm... It's a 23' boat right!?! If thrusters are needed for a boat that small that driver doesn't need to be behind the wheel IMHO! That's an expensive option when one can just simply drive or push the boat where it needs to be.

On another note I see they got rid of the dash so many had issues with. It looks much better!
That particular model is the AL-24, so 24'.

It's not necessary, but I guess if you're going to pay the premium 150k+ for it then you might as well get thrusters.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-03-2015, 8:17 PM Reply   
I can pretty much put my boat anywhere. I have been driving comp boats for a long time, but I have also been in my fair share of sketchy situations in which a thruster would have been a godsend. The new style of boats with massive displacement and tall gunwales catch the wind way more, their throttle response from throttle and wheel are much slower. If you're in and out of slips and tight docking areas a ton it would make life way less stressful.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       12-04-2015, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
Anybody know how they're using an NSS-like surf system with no issues? Does Nautique not control the patent?
I asked Chuck this same question at the boat show last year. Nautique doesn't actually make the NSS surf system, they have a partner company that makes it for them.

Pavati simply bought the surf system from the company that actually makes it for Nautique. At least that's the answer I got straight from Chuck the owner of Pavati.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-04-2015, 8:29 AM Reply   
My thought when seeing the side thruster,

"Can it be turned on at surf speed to help more with the delayed convergence of the surf system and get you a better surf wake..."
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-04-2015, 1:04 PM Reply   
It'd be sweet to get thrusters on the G. Getting that thing to tuck in to tight spots, with 6k+ of ballast, is not the simplest of tasks. It'd be especially handy in shallow water and could save me a few prop dings. Getting the G to turn in reverse requires a pretty spin from the prop.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-07-2015, 11:50 AM Reply   
What would be cool is to have Bow & Stern thrust integrated into the Boats existing steering Example. (At 5mp and below low) the Bow and Stearn thruster's work together to move the boat where you want using your Boats existing steering wheel. Example when turning around to the right after picking up a fallen rider the bow thruster would push the bow right and the stern thruster would push the stern left. This would give one the ability to literally spin the boat on a dime. And then for the strange moves like "parallel docking" one could use the dash mounted joystick
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-07-2015, 11:59 AM Reply   
A buddy that has a MC with bow thrusters says its a bit of a skill to master the Bow thruster because its a Water activated pump at the back of the boat that pick's up lake water and moves it from the rear of the boat (under water pick up) and moves all the way to the front sides of the boat. It takes a few seconds for the pump to pick up the water and transfer it to the to the desired outlets and then another second b4 the water being ejected moves the boat. So you have to be very pro active when using the bow thruster and count in for the delay. I think its a great Idea and a Much needed item for today's Wake Ships These boats with these huge Gunnels are giant sails come docking time. Yes you think your a pro at docking in your low profile Sanger but try docking one of these beasts with a slight breeze! its a whole different ball game.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-07-2015, 10:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
It'd be sweet to get thrusters on the G. Getting that thing to tuck in to tight spots, with 6k+ of ballast, is not the simplest of tasks. It'd be especially handy in shallow water and could save me a few prop dings. Getting the G to turn in reverse requires a pretty spin from the prop.
I have "poor mans thrusters" on my boat. I switched out all the factory pumps (800 gph to 1200 gph) and bigger hose, so now when I hit "drain" on one side I can get the rear of the boat to move a little bit. It is not much, but it has saved me a couple times from having to start the boat up to move it over a few feet so I could grab the dock. I know your G has big pumps and large diameter hose, but I think it is all reversible so you drain under the boat??? Probably won't help you at all... I just thought of this when I saw this thread.