Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-29-2015, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quick poll, narrowed it down to these two.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       11-29-2015, 6:10 PM Reply   
SA. No question
Old    BamaMojo            11-29-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
What will you primarily use the boat for? Wakeboarding or surfing?
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-29-2015, 8:20 PM Reply   
Both, leaning more on the surfing side.
Old    BamaMojo            11-30-2015, 4:35 AM Reply   
I would post some questions on the Moomba forum about the SA and about the surf wake. I would do the same on the MB owners board , both should give some good feedback and give you more info to make your decision. Good luck, keep us in the loop
Old     (Zach)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-30-2015, 6:04 AM Reply   
I have the f22 and love it. We mostly surf and have been very happy with it. Go and look at both in person look at the build quality and fit and finish. Also look at what they come with standard and what options you want. I decided on the mb because of the quality for the price. So far I have been very happy with mine.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-30-2015, 6:50 AM Reply   
Based on your profile location I would chose the Supra just for the dealer. I have been with both dealers of the brands in Salt Lake and hands down Marine Products will help and service your boat so much better. Both are wonderful boats though...
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-30-2015, 7:22 AM Reply   
As a current Moomba owner I am very familiar with MP. Have met the MB dealer and am nervous when it come to any repairs especially not buying from him.
Old     (Tims)      Join Date: Feb 2014       11-30-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
I am assuming that the SA does not have the swell system. If that is the case and you lean more towards surfing, the deep V of the tomcat might be the better surf machine.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-30-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
As a current Moomba owner I am very familiar with MP
HA, I knew your screen name was familiar, 2006 LSV right?
I hope when you ask about the 2013 SA450 it's the white and green one they have in stock... AWESOME!
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-30-2015, 8:11 AM Reply   
Shhhh. Yes, talking to Randy Wednesday to maybe finalize it. Know anyone looking for a sweet LSV?
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       12-01-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
So am still torn on both options. Am looking at both tomorrow, seeing it was 1 degrees thus morning I doubt I will be able to water test them. Concern is water over the bow, both look better than my LSV, does anyone have first hand experience specifically with rough water and rollers.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-02-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
Tough question. I recently surfed a friends 2013 SA...wasn't really that impressed. It was super clean, but didn't have that much push. Now if you were looking at a 2015 or newer SA....then there would be no question about it!! I will say that the fit and finish of his 2013 SA was very impressive though. I do feel however that if surfing is your main concern, the 2016 MB will have the better surf wave.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-02-2015, 9:30 AM Reply   
We just got a 2016 axis from taylor boats in draper. Have you considered an Axis at all. Love the surfgate.
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       12-03-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
Axis was never on the list of considerations. I did move forward with the Supra. I spent a good amount to of time with both boats, both are great, just felt in my opinion the SA offered everything I wanted and then some and at the same price it only made since. I really liked the MB and felt I would be taken care of and treated well by the local MB dealer throughout the purchase and beyond as anything came up. I will absolutely consider MB for my next boat purchase.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-03-2015, 3:04 PM Reply   
Congrats, you couldn't have gone wrong either way.