Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-09-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
Uhhh, they haven't released the new 2500/3500 trucks yet. It is still the old body style. Only the 1500 trucks were updated; the 2500/3500 will be an early 2015 model year released, so of course it was the same truck as your older one. They just recently released the Denali package on the GMC's and the 6.2L motor.
They've released pics of the 2015 HD's with new body style, and they'll be available for purchase in a few months.
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
They've released pics of the 2015 HD's with new body style, and they'll be available for purchase in a few months.
ok ok dont tell my friends.... but those do look pretty good. (Im die hard ford guy )

BUT, whats up with that front bumper? Its like, 8 inches off the ground and the rear is like 15 inches?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-10-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
ok ok dont tell my friends.... but those do look pretty good. (Im die hard ford guy )

BUT, whats up with that front bumper? Its like, 8 inches off the ground and the rear is like 15 inches?
Guaranteed that bumper has an air-dam effect. The last of the low hanging fruit for fuel economy is reducing the coefficient of drag on these beasts.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-10-2013, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Guaranteed that bumper has an air-dam effect. The last of the low hanging fruit for fuel economy is reducing the coefficient of drag on these beasts.
The thing can hardly drive over a curb haha! I get what you are saying, but just let me nit pick it, come on man i gotta btich about something!

unfortunately the main cause of drag on these puppies is the blunt tail, everything else they do to reduce the drag is futile in comparison to the contribution of the drag due to the blunt tail... Think about the shape of a trout.... looks pretty similar to an airfoil huh next thing we know superdutys and 2500's are gonna start looking like trouts and tuna