Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-26-2020, 2:19 PM Reply   
Do you think Northam and Whitmer talk, Like call each other and see who can play little jokes on their states. Like "Hey witless I am going to shame everyone this week on TV, then take my mask off, run around Virginia beach, touching people." "get your hubby to drive 150 miles to the lake house and put the boat in while you shame the folks in Michigan for trying to go boating.lol It will be a hoot"
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2020, 3:53 PM Reply   
Omg Internet gold.

And I thought TRUMP was a Dong Tard of the toung LOL LOL LOL this is you choice LOL LOL LOL
Attached Images
 
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2020, 4:40 PM Reply   
G banger! Good to see you still kicking bro
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2020, 4:45 PM Reply   
Ralph: I have been living life.” Mango Hut Madness“ American style
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2020, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
You're not going to fix stupid, in case you were wondering. I mean just look at mark - some people are beyond help.

And yes I do get a cart from inside the store where the staff are busy spraying and wiping them down. I also use a clorox wipe I bring in to touch it and push it around. No spray bottles are touched - the staff are doing that (maybe you need better/smarter stores). Again, surfaces are easier to mitigate and minimize than airborne particles.

Masks don't increase face touching 10 fold. Look at the stats of how many times a day people touch their face (pre covid).

And maybe if the blue states shut down for 3-5, they'll start to approximate the red state economies lol
Why don’t you just triple up on your masks and go to sleep for us.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2020, 5:30 PM Reply   
What’s good is the fact that like all the libtard coup attempts, the public has figured it out and it’s hurt the libtards. Now, it’s clear the science doesn’t support the shutdowns-which has caught the left with their pants down again. Gov. Witless just proved that she doesn’t even believe in what she’s preaching. Typical lib.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2020, 5:47 PM Reply   
Check out the libtard savages attacking this chick because she doesn’t have a mask on. Animals. All of them. Never mind the fact that they’re all not following the social distancing guidelines. Hypocrites!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/state...014245192.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2020, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
What’s good is the fact that like all the libtard coup attempts, the public has figured it out and it’s hurt the libtards. Now, it’s clear the science doesn’t support the shutdowns-which has caught the left with their pants down again. Gov. Witless just proved that she doesn’t even believe in what she’s preaching. Typical lib.
I thought the shut down was put in place by Trump?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2020, 11:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I thought the shut down was put in place by Trump?
Excuse me. The CONTINUATION of shutdowns...
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-27-2020, 1:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I thought the shut down was put in place by Trump?
I believe the actual shut down was directed by the doctors and the science? I agree, Trump, or any president would have shut down, but no one had any real clue and still don't. there is so much misinformation at all levels. Sweden is being slammed for not shutting down, but again, no one knows what this will look like in september. Every country is betting on a vaccine, that is scary. I would bet on everyone getting it at some point.

the sad part is how bad the hospital system has been hit with UI and furloughs. People are just not going to the hospital and people are hesitant to reschedule needed services.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 1:53 AM Reply   
Is anyone here buying this garbage excuse? How dumb does she think her people are? She did exactly what she ordered her people not to do!

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-gov-...001304054.html
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 2:47 AM Reply   
So how exactly would Trump shut down Twitter, and small government people, how would you react to that?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 3:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
So how exactly would Trump shut down Twitter, and small government people, how would you react to that?
It ain’t happening. Can’t understand why he would try to take a page out of Newsom’s and Witless’ book of ridiculousness.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 4:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
TOTAL COMPLETE BULL$HIT according to the NYC ER docs, on the front lines, who were interviewed a few days ago.
Im surprised NYC ER drs. think the grifter is spreading good pandemic advice.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 4:16 AM Reply   
Trump cant shut himself up, wont shut down his twiterer.
Know how i know? Trump PROMISED to do some "really big action" to them.

100,000 dead and all he can do is whine about his social media (like a 13 year old girl) and claim Joe Scar is a murderer.
And conservatives say he doesnt lie.
Idiots believe.

Last edited by 95sn; 05-27-2020 at 4:20 AM.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 4:42 AM Reply   
Its absolutely atrocious. Why in the world is he putting such attention on a morning show talkshow nobody about something that does not matter at all to 99.99999999% of the population?

He has nothing. Thats why.

100,000 of my fellow Americans dead (and its not stopping). But yea, lets talk about anything but the problem/elephant in the room.
No answers, no plan, no effort.

His supporters are scum for perpetuating this.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 5:13 AM Reply   
Funny, I posted, then went to The Hill and came across this (opinion) piece:

"As vile as this is, what should we make of the president’s many supporters — especially those in the media and the white evangelical clergy who wouldn’t say a bad word about Trump even if he really did shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan? They all may think Donald Trump is a better choice than Joe Biden; reasonable people may disagree on that, but it’s not a crazy political argument. Yet, to look the other way, to downplay or ignore this and Trump’s many other needlessly cruel responses to his critics, makes them enablers to his conduct."

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ch-up-with-him
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 5:26 AM Reply   
Trump's strategy is wholly naked and common, uncomplicated. Politicize everything under the sun, even the things that don't deserve to be. Politicize science, politicize modern decency, politicize your own wrongdoings against someone else's. For someone who's never been in politics, he has no problem making every single thing under the sun political.
Take for example, face coverings during a world wide pandemic.
He is actually bulling people protecting others by wearing a face covering. Like its a bad thing? let alone not political in the least. People helping people is now wrong in conservative world. Who the actual F would criticize someone for doing the right thing and wearing a face covering to protect OTHERS Dems and R's alike. Stupid cant get much more stupid.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 5:44 AM Reply   
Five Inspector Generals have been removed by the grifter during the pandemic. Five.
Totally normal, they all do stuff like this. I mean obama must have removed two in 8 years so 5 in less than 3 months is SOP for any typical criminal.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mp/5261054002/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
But, but "MY AUTHORITY IS ABSOLUTE!!" as he said, right?!

What particular statute prevented him from acting earlier. I'll wait, you lawyer you. Should I call you Micheal Cohen?

No he did not act as soon as he found out. And all he did was shut down some travel to/from China (exceptions for family, etc). Could have done a lot more. Did the bear minimum, too little too late.

Who said that we need the economy to tank to beat Trump? He is doing just fine himself. He already lost one wakeworld voter. I have not seen that he has picked any up. Fox shows him down like 10 points to Biden, but thats probably a democratic hoax too.
I am pretty sure I already put it in this thread.

Can you please show me where you believe he has the power to shut down the country and your rights?

https://constitutioncenter.org/inter...-i/clauses/763
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Red state person, can attest that my people are indeed too "stupid, ignorant, incompetent people who cannot be trusted to wash their hands, stay 6 ft apart, stay away from the elderly and stay home if ill."

I seent it with my own eyes.
And, are your hospitals overran? You are going to get this. The plan was to keep up with the demand. Are the people in your state killing the health industries ability to keep up? If not, then tough cookies. Let them live.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 5:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
The 14th and 15th amendment of the constitution are on the phone to question this. Also the Voting Rights Act of 1965. How does promoting white supremacy from the WH help blacks? Suing to cancel Obamacare? How does removing or replacing anything the previous prez did assist blacks today? Rolling back 5 dozen or so environmental restrictions affect poor areas first. Are Devos educational policy helping black communities? Or referring to African countries as S hit hole countries his gift? Seems he has made a career out of hatred, racism, and discrimination. When your dad is KKK the apple dont fall far from the tree, right. Are you refereeing to current black unemployment numbers? Or are you referring to Kanye?
Rolling back many of these crony capitalism environazi restrictions actually helps poor people. Californians can not even afford to be poor. Can not sell a perfectly running car for next to nothing for some poor person to use. You can not take anything to the dumps. Costs $150 just to throw away a mattress and not all dumps accept them. You wonder why poor people can not afford to even join in the most basics of living in this state. 10 cents a bag at the store. Funny. Bags were only an environmental issue until they decided they can tax them. Now they are just fine.

Regulations kill the poor not help them.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Seems like you are describing the experience of being a minority (especially black) in America every day.
You mean the black in America where 3% of the population commits 50% of the murders? 6 times more likely to kill a cop than a cop is to kill them?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Id just guess it was about 3% lower than white employment and paid abut 73% of white pay. Am i close? Im sure he also came out big on the recent murders of unarmed and innocent blacks in Georgia too. "Im sure there could be something on the tape we couldnt see"
Fish dont like polluted waters.
If a business could hire someone at 73% of the pay, those people would be hired all day everyday.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 6:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
And, are your hospitals overran? You are going to get this. The plan was to keep up with the demand. Are the people in your state killing the health industries ability to keep up? If not, then tough cookies. Let them live.
Are you up to date on hospitals in Alabama? Arkansas? Nebraska? Georgia? Maybe you should look into it before opening mouth.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yep. Masks are a joke like most liberal, symbolic-but-meaningless gestures. I believe it was CNN who had a NYC ER doc that said they now know how to avoid it and they’re not so scared to work around Kung Flu positive peeps any more. He said 99% of all cases are transferred by hand to eyes, nose and mouth. The way to avoid it is clean your hands and don’t touch your face with unclean hands. He also said you’d have to have heavy, prolonged exposure to catch it in the air. That last part was news to me because I’ve been trusting some msm sources. Silly me.

On top of all that, more than half the deaths are in old folks’ homes. The thing that ticks me off is that we’ve had to wait this long to get this info out. We should have had people back to work a month ago.
Funny thing is, you wearing a mask literally forces you to touch your hands to your face. People are not washing their hands before removing there masks. I bet a dollar 95 got out of COSTCO, jumped in his ride and pulled off his mask just like the other millions of people then want to rail against that one dude who did not wear his mask. Just stupid. That guy was actually safer than the others forced to touch their faces to move their masks.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Rolling back many of these crony capitalism environazi restrictions actually helps poor people. Californians can not even afford to be poor. Can not sell a perfectly running car for next to nothing for some poor person to use. You can not take anything to the dumps. Costs $150 just to throw away a mattress and not all dumps accept them. You wonder why poor people can not afford to even join in the most basics of living in this state. 10 cents a bag at the store. Funny. Bags were only an environmental issue until they decided they can tax them. Now they are just fine.

Regulations kill the poor not help them.
Stoner? The rollbacks of environmental regulations assist rich business owners. Thats how the grifter juiced the stock market. The poor that live in the reduced environment suffer the consequences while the rich guy cashes distribution checks. If you want to get rid of a mattress, call trash company for pick-up, free service in my hood. The reason you cant sell that car is because you cant SMOG it. Yep that large business owner/CEO... making $17 million a year has nothing to do with poorer peoples salaries, its plastic bags!!!!!.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Funny thing is, you wearing a mask literally forces you to touch your hands to your face. People are not washing their hands before removing there masks. I bet a dollar 95 got out of COSTCO, jumped in his ride and pulled off his mask just like the other millions of people then want to rail against that one dude who did not wear his mask. Just stupid. That guy was actually safer than the others forced to touch their faces to move their masks.
If there is a mask on my face, i cant touch my face, its covered. How the F can someone be "forced" to touch their face? Am I helping you not get the virus? Then shut up. The only stupid one is the ONE who was without mask. Simple. You dont touch your face removing a mask Bozo, You pull the elasto-string off your ear. Done. No touchy. Not really sure why anyone would make a big deal out of face coverings.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Stoner? The rollbacks of environmental regulations assist rich business owners. Thats how the grifter juiced the stock market. The poor that live in the reduced environment suffer the consequences while the rich guy cashes distribution checks. If you want to get rid of a mattress, call trash company for pick-up, free service in my hood. The reason you cant sell that car is because you cant SMOG it. Yep that large business owner/CEO... making $17 million a year has nothing to do with poorer peoples salaries, its plastic bags!!!!!.
Any change in money to make a product always helps the rich. That is just how that works. Water is wet. Regulations also raises the costs to the poor because they are not going to give you the product for free. You do have a basic understanding of cause and effect right? If regulations were not an issue, the we would not be moving manufacturing to china and mexico and places in between. It would not be cost effective. That is why Kalifornia loves to raise taxes on certain things like gas. They believe it will influence you to do something else. Just like taxing bags. They want you to believe you are being better for the environment but it was just crony capitalism in the name of environazism. Stores were eating the bag costs so they sent a few bucks to the governor and we the people pay for it.

If you do the math, 17 million a year is pennies on the dollar compaired to the workers salaries and even a few cents raise of all those workers salaries. While I agree that 17 million seems like a lot, it really does not impact the workers salaries. I bet you get jazzed up about all those internet memes that state if they just gave all Americans so much money, we all would not need to work again statements. Then they go an miss the value by 100 or more regardless of the issue of no one working.

Good luck trying to throw away your mattress by the street. In the bay area, you do not and it costs that much to throw away period. So, who gets impacted by that more. A 17 million a year person or that person who just wanted to get a new mattress after a couple decades that is just making it? Regulations impact the poor more than the rich period.

The car only had a sensor light on that would cost more than the car was worth to fix. The cars actual smog output was in speck. Poor people could use a car like that and they do in the rest of he county. You wonder why the rest of the country does not have overpasses full of shanty towns? These are the reasons why.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 6:34 AM Reply   
"Funny thing is, you wearing a mask literally forces you to touch your hands to your face."
How do you even have the coordination to wakeboard?
Its really not that hard to put on a facemask without painting your face with detritus.
Loop one ear, then use the outside of mask to pull around, then loop the other ear. (we dont have evidence that it infects via auditory canal/ear)

Luckily our hospitals are doing just fine. Our social distancing precautions appear to have worked in "flattening the curve." We should cautiously, safely, and practically begin opening things up. But it does appear that doing what science (our known reality) suggested, worked. Could it have been better, yes. Worse, of course. Its all a big **** sandwich, but we all also have to eat to live.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-27-2020, 6:36 AM Reply   
Sorry GOP, no poll tax for Florida. Voter suppression effort denied.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/26/o...mentsContainer
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...n-florida.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
If there is a mask on my face, i cant touch my face, its covered. How the F can someone be "forced" to touch their face? Am I helping you not get the virus? Then shut up. The only stupid one is the ONE who was without mask. Simple. You dont touch your face removing a mask Bozo, You pull the elasto-string off your ear. Done. No touchy. Not really sure why anyone would make a big deal out of face coverings.
How long have you used your mask? Do you think everyone never adjusts their masks after putting it on? Steaming up your glasses so you touch it by your eyes to get the seal right? I agree sick people should wear a mask like at the doctors and such but don't believe for a second that it really protects you or the public.

Let's work this in reverse. Non N95 masks will not protect you from getting sick. KN95 masks don't count either as they do not have a proper seal (ironic KN95 is the chinese version) Why is that? They do not have the filtering to stop the contagious material from reaching you or they have the filtering but not the seal. So if only a proper fit N95 mask or better is the only masks to protect you from low pressure material from getting in to your lungs, what makes you think that ALL THOSE OTHER non sealing proper filtering masks are protecting others from your high pressyre cough or sneeze from getting out?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-27-2020, 6:38 AM Reply   
I wear a mask every time I go into an indoor public space. Even if I didn't believe that it makes a difference (I do), I don't believe wearing one is some kind of infringement of my rights as an American. One of the main reasons I wear one is to be respectful of the shop owners. They have to be there to make a living, I don't.

I don't take my shoes off in my house, but if I visit a friends house and they all have their shoes off and there is a shoe rack by the door, I take mine off before they ask.

If all it does is make people more comfortable, I'll do it just to be kind.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I am pretty sure I already put it in this thread.

Can you please show me where you believe he has the power to shut down the country and your rights?

https://constitutioncenter.org/inter...-i/clauses/763
Isnt OSHA Federal? Why are companies allowed to contaminate 20,30, 40, 60% of their workers and no need to report? Meatpacking plants across the country no requirements to test, report results....
Wonder what that laminated sign they are required to have about safety and X days since injury. Now it says only 47 tested positive for Covid this week. 3 deaths this month.
WTF is OSHA doing?

Why is the Federal testing policy, we are not testing, we are leaving it up to the states?
COVID response will sink this president once and for all. The truth will trickle out.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-27-2020, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
How long have you used your mask? Do you think everyone never adjusts their masks after putting it on? Steaming up your glasses so you touch it by your eyes to get the seal right? I agree sick people should wear a mask like at the doctors and such but don't believe for a second that it really protects you or the public.

Let's work this in reverse. Non N95 masks will not protect you from getting sick. KN95 masks don't count either as they do not have a proper seal (ironic KN95 is the chinese version) Why is that? They do not have the filtering to stop the contagious material from reaching you or they have the filtering but not the seal. So if only a proper fit N95 mask or better is the only masks to protect you from low pressure material from getting in to your lungs, what makes you think that ALL THOSE OTHER non sealing proper filtering masks are protecting others from your high pressyre cough or sneeze from getting out?
As mentioned over and over and over again, it's a matter of degree, dipchit. Quantity of exposure, time of exposure, etc.

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
"Funny thing is, you wearing a mask literally forces you to touch your hands to your face."
How do you even have the coordination to wakeboard?
Its really not that hard to put on a facemask without painting your face with detritus.
Loop one ear, then use the outside of mask to pull around, then loop the other ear. (we dont have evidence that it infects via auditory canal/ear)

Luckily our hospitals are doing just fine. Our social distancing precautions appear to have worked in "flattening the curve." We should cautiously, safely, and practically begin opening things up. But it does appear that doing what science (our known reality) suggested, worked. Could it have been better, yes. Worse, of course. Its all a big **** sandwich, but we all also have to eat to live.
Then quit bagging on your fellow man for being stupid when they have done that has been expected of them. You want to do more, then fine. You do you, but don't put your nasty attitude on them.

If only touching your mask was just your ears. I am pretty sure if we observed you, you will adjust your mask many times per outing and simply have not just touched your ear. This is also very much so of that public that you have disdain for in your state. Don't be one of these people that believes everything people tell you. I bet you believe that mass response means that the masses will be save in the event of an emergency too.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 6:43 AM Reply   
Well wait, should I believe you then?

My approach is very much in line with that of skiboarder.
Posted a while back of the symbolic gesture and general provision of goodwill through something very simple and easy.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
As mentioned over and over and over again, it's a matter of degree, dipchit. Quantity of exposure, time of exposure, etc.

Yep you dumba$$. Time, distance and shielding. Works in almost any event specifically radiological events. However a simple mask does not,nor is it rated, to keep you from putting your germs in public. I am sure if everyone in the world went out a procured a tested and fit mask, you would have a good argument but they don't. A mask is just not a mask if it is just a simple cloth. You are being lied too. You apparently only read the advertising on the products and don't really get into what they are supposed to do. I laid it out in very simple terms for you or was that too technical for you? If a worker is really going to keep exposure down, they will social distance and clean. Those are administrative controls. Then you work with the engineered controls like air flow, staging and such. Then comes your final barrier like a proper N95 mask. You know, the type of mask that offers some protection though it will become saturated as some point. It only works if the mask is actually certified. Even the N95's with a valve will expose the public.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
How long have you used your mask? Do you think everyone never adjusts their masks after putting it on? Steaming up your glasses so you touch it by your eyes to get the seal right? I agree sick people should wear a mask like at the doctors and such but don't believe for a second that it really protects you or the public.

Let's work this in reverse. Non N95 masks will not protect you from getting sick. KN95 masks don't count either as they do not have a proper seal (ironic KN95 is the chinese version) Why is that? They do not have the filtering to stop the contagious material from reaching you or they have the filtering but not the seal. So if only a proper fit N95 mask or better is the only masks to protect you from low pressure material from getting in to your lungs, what makes you think that ALL THOSE OTHER non sealing proper filtering masks are protecting others from your high pressyre cough or sneeze from getting out?
Any face covering is better than not using one. You, and they dont know who is sick, who is asymptomatic, who is healthy. The purpose of the mask is to protect everyone else. Not to protect me. I depend on you to do your part. You are not working with facts. All masks work to some degree. Non n-95's still stop me from getting you sick close to 90% range. If you have a surgical mask and i have a bandana, we are pretty safe. N95's are for hospitals, unneeded for daily life chores.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't take my shoes off in my house, but if I visit a friends house and they all have their shoes off and there is a shoe rack by the door, I take mine off before they ask.
Exactly. Common sense.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Well wait, should I believe you then?

My approach is very much in line with that of skiboarder.
Posted a while back of the symbolic gesture and general provision of goodwill through something very simple and easy.
You don't have to believe me. Look it up.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Any face covering is better than not using one. You, and they dont know who is sick, who is asymptomatic, who is healthy. The purpose of the mask is to protect everyone else. Not to protect me. I depend on you to do your part. You are not working with facts. All masks work to some degree. Non n-95's still stop me from getting you sick close to 90% range. If you have a surgical mask and i have a bandana, we are pretty safe. N95's are for hospitals, unneeded for daily life chores.
Can you quantify that? What is better? Nose goblins flying from your face are not the issue. It is the fine mist. You really think a bandanna is going to stop 5 micro particals? You think that direct air valve in the valved N95's are stopping fine mist? Do you know what the person next to you did with their hands prior to entering the store? Good thing that person jerking off in the car put on their mask before going in and got nothing on the cart.

I am afraid I am working with enough of the facts. Non N95 masks are not certified for protection against airborne material. If they are not certified for to protect you, then the reverse is also true, they are not certified to protect the other people from you.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Isnt OSHA Federal? Why are companies allowed to contaminate 20,30, 40, 60% of their workers and no need to report? Meatpacking plants across the country no requirements to test, report results....
Wonder what that laminated sign they are required to have about safety and X days since injury. Now it says only 47 tested positive for Covid this week. 3 deaths this month.
WTF is OSHA doing?

Why is the Federal testing policy, we are not testing, we are leaving it up to the states?
COVID response will sink this president once and for all. The truth will trickle out.
We get it. You are not voting for him. Glad we finally got that out of the way.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 7:02 AM Reply   
But I depend on you to feed me facts. Please daddy, Im hungry!

Yikes, you are obvi not in healthcare. Thats ok though, its a tough field to get into.
Because it depends on facts/science.

Im still hungry.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
But I depend on you to feed me facts. Please daddy, Im hungry!

Yikes, you are obvi not in healthcare. Thats ok though, its a tough field to get into.
Because it depends on facts/science.

Im still hungry.
Sorry. Not buying into your seventh grade bull crap. You are caught now you go to the kid crap.

I disagree that healthcare is that hard to get into. Lots of people in it. Can't be that hard. Seems like a lot of relatively smart people who could not pass math class but needed to make a good living. The scientists are already did the science part. Not many actual science people in medicine these day. If they are they are in the development or administrative side and not that daily side. Just people who can remember things and keep processes straight. Just like most industries, the whole thing revolves around the few who are brilliant that actually make it work. Don't know too many medical doctors or nurses who actually engineered the MRI machines, developed the medicines, wrote the code for the software and so on. Not saying they are idiots, but just because you are in healthcare does not make you smart.

Funny how you prognosticate on my intellectual levels. Good for you.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 8:18 AM Reply   
I was simply referring to your lack of grasp on basic science and microbiology concepts.
Most people learn about that in high school at least.
Doctors are trained as scientists first and foremost. Each doctors does not need to know how to design/build/maintain/run an MRI machine, but they all do need to understand basic science. I will admit though, I have met many medical professionals that have screws loose. Met lots of wakeboarders like that too.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
We get it. You are not voting for him. Glad we finally got that out of the way.
You KEEP saying, RELELNTLESSLY, He is only the president, he cant shut down the country, cant do this...cant do that...
OSHA is Federal. They are sitting on their hands while meat packing plants have over 3000 infected with Covid. They are not reporting. Isnt it OSHA job to keep the workplace safe? How can we do tracing if the corps are keeping covid facts secret. Trump is allowing that to happen. His administration has also given no-bid contracts for millions to dozens and dozens of GOP donors and trump pals. These clowns incorporated less than a week before they were handed million$. Talk about in-experience. These are the folks importing the KN-95 masks from china. Way to punish the originators of the Covid virus. Trump policy. Drain the swamp.

Mail-in Voting causes VOTER FRAUD!!!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Exactly. Common sense.
You rely on common sense for your health? Good to know. They also issued those guys in Chernoybl a cloth mask to protect them when they sent them into a roof full of radio active dust. Everyone was doing it so it must have been fine right? As long as you wear a bird mask and put good smelling stuff in it, you will not catch the plague right?

Look. Do what you need to do. Take off your shoes, put on your mask but the reality is none of that is going to keep you well.

So those without symptoms that you are complaining about are spreading it how? They are not sneezing and coughing right. They don't have symptoms.. How are the spreading it then? Either they are not spreading it or the items that you claim these random masks are saving you from are not what is spreading it? Which is it?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Can you quantify that? What is better? Nose goblins flying from your face are not the issue. It is the fine mist. You really think a bandanna is going to stop 5 micro particals? You think that direct air valve in the valved N95's are stopping fine mist? Do you know what the person next to you did with their hands prior to entering the store? Good thing that person jerking off in the car put on their mask before going in and got nothing on the cart.

I am afraid I am working with enough of the facts. Non N95 masks are not certified for protection against airborne material. If they are not certified for to protect you, then the reverse is also true, they are not certified to protect the other people from you.
https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/...of-face-masks/
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Look. Do what you need to do. Take off your shoes, put on your mask but the reality is none of that is going to keep you well.
That is exactly what everyone should do, why so hard? You have to TRY hard to find issue with keeping people safe.

Or pay the price.
https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-reo...u-beds-1506112
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 8:47 AM Reply   
From that article:

"The lack of beds is partly caused by patients driving in from rural areas that lack hospitals. Many people in Montgomery hospitals are not from Montgomery," Reed said. "They're suffering because they don't have the rural health care system in place that they need."

This is my shocked face.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
You may be getting a lot of mixed messages about what’s safe, and while I am not a medical professional, I spoke with a respiratory therapist to get the lowdown on what’s best in mask wear.
Glad she spoke to a therapist about it. Like I asked, do those regular maskes (vast majority the public is not wearing) stop the air borne when you sneeze or how does it stop non symptomatic spread?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
From that article:

"The lack of beds is partly caused by patients driving in from rural areas that lack hospitals. Many people in Montgomery hospitals are not from Montgomery," Reed said. "They're suffering because they don't have the rural health care system in place that they need."

This is my shocked face.
However they did not say they ran out. Sounds like a hit and run article. They were very careful with the wording.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2020, 9:28 AM Reply   
So a lack of gasoline in my truck does not mean I ran out gasoline?...That some pretzel logic.
Either way, I do hate it for them AL folk. If only we had warnings and guidance to prevent such a conundrum.

Here are some sources from FoxNews, of all places, about effectiveness of masks in reducing spread:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/weari...nt-study-shows
https://www.foxnews.com/science/coro...ent-wore-masks

And from Mayo Clinic:
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/h...f-coronavirus/

“There is evidence that such masks reduce the exhaled aerosols from infectious, but asymptomatic, individuals.” he says. By blocking the exhale of virus particles in to the air around you, your mask is keeping the virus from spreading.

Additionally, the masks serve as a really helpful physical barrier when you cough or sneeze. “Those actions can propel this cloud of droplets from you up to 25 or 26 feet,” he says. Your mask can “disrupt” that cloud and keep those virus particles from traveling.

The internet (google) is truly a powerful tool.

Last edited by lesstalkmoreride; 05-27-2020 at 9:31 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-27-2020, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You rely on common sense for your health? Good to know. They also issued those guys in Chernoybl a cloth mask to protect them when they sent them into a roof full of radio active dust. Everyone was doing it so it must have been fine right? As long as you wear a bird mask and put good smelling stuff in it, you will not catch the plague right?

Look. Do what you need to do. Take off your shoes, put on your mask but the reality is none of that is going to keep you well.

So those without symptoms that you are complaining about are spreading it how? They are not sneezing and coughing right. They don't have symptoms.. How are the spreading it then? Either they are not spreading it or the items that you claim these random masks are saving you from are not what is spreading it? Which is it?
In the words of Donald Trump, "What could it hurt?"

Since this is still kind-of a wakeboard site. Let's talk about Coast guard vs. Comp vests. I wear a comp vest, but I would never discourage anyone from using a CGA vest. What kind of jerk would challenge or demean someone for taking an additional level of protection/safety? What would be your motivation? No vest keeps you completely safe in the water, but why even waste the time making that argument? It is dumb.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
However they did not say they ran out. Sounds like a hit and run article. They were very careful with the wording.
Take your foot out of your mouth.
They had one icu bed in the Capitol of the state, not some rural outback. While the state is WIDE open.

Last edited by 95sn; 05-27-2020 at 9:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
So a lack of gasoline in my truck does not mean I ran out gasoline?...That some pretzel logic.
Either way, I do hate it for them AL folk. If only we had warnings and guidance to prevent such a conundrum.

Here are some sources from FoxNews, of all places, about effectiveness of masks in reducing spread:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/weari...nt-study-shows
https://www.foxnews.com/science/coro...ent-wore-masks

And from Mayo Clinic:
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/h...f-coronavirus/

“There is evidence that such masks reduce the exhaled aerosols from infectious, but asymptomatic, individuals.” he says. By blocking the exhale of virus particles in to the air around you, your mask is keeping the virus from spreading.

Additionally, the masks serve as a really helpful physical barrier when you cough or sneeze. “Those actions can propel this cloud of droplets from you up to 25 or 26 feet,” he says. Your mask can “disrupt” that cloud and keep those virus particles from traveling.

The internet (google) is truly a powerful tool.
Love the words such as "there is evidence", not conclusive proof nor is there a description of type of mask.

you mask can "disrupt". disrupt by turbulent flow? What does disrupt mean? That does not sound anything at all like stop or absorb. That sounds more like instead of a long gradual cone, that it goes in all directions but maybe not as far. So instead of 25 feet it only goes 10? Or course there is things like fans, wind, AC ducting and yada yada. Then there is the whole what type of mask are we talking about again. I am sure glad you brought all the science arguments to this. Look at the big brain on Less. We all know that definitive words such as "disrupt" and "there is evidence" are highly scientific and exact. They of course are the type of words that should shape our health response and how long people should not be working as well.

Look, wear a mask. I had one on today because it is the rules. Does not mean I believe it is going to keep me or anyone else from getting something. It is a feel good measure. Unless you are putting everyone into a N95 or better, you are only making yourself feel better. You may as well sneeze into your elbow. That disrupts the projection as well.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
In the words of Donald Trump, "What could it hurt?"

Since this is still kind-of a wakeboard site. Let's talk about Coast guard vs. Comp vests. I wear a comp vest, but I would never discourage anyone from using a CGA vest. What kind of jerk would challenge or demean someone for taking an additional level of protection/safety? What would be your motivation? No vest keeps you completely safe in the water, but why even waste the time making that argument? It is dumb.
The beauty is you can wear that comp vest if you want. Go for it. This discussion about vests happened a long time ago on this site. How about this. You now have to wear your vest around anytime you go in public because you may get washed away in a flood or have to jump in and save someone from drowning at the grocery store. If you do not wear that vest, you will not be able to participate in life.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Take your foot out of your mouth.
They had one icu bed in the Capitol of the state, not some rural outback. While the state is WIDE open.
Did not see that in the article? Can you tell me what makes an ICU and ICU?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-27-2020, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Take your foot out of your mouth.
They had one icu bed in the Capitol of the state, not some rural outback. While the state is WIDE open.
Also, the state is wide open and they are just about right on the amount of ICU beds they have? I think that is pretty good. So a whole state actually gets to live their lives and they still have just the right amount of capacity? Remember, this is all about flattening the curve, yet almost everyone one of your paranoid arguments has to do with not getting it. Which is it?

Is there something special about an ICU bed? Is it softer? whiter sheets?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-27-2020, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The beauty is you can wear that comp vest if you want. Go for it. This discussion about vests happened a long time ago on this site. How about this. You now have to wear your vest around anytime you go in public because you may get washed away in a flood or have to jump in and save someone from drowning at the grocery store. If you do not wear that vest, you will not be able to participate in life.
The beauty is you can wear that shirt if you want. Go for it. This discussion about shirts happened a long time ago in our culture. How about this. You now have to wear your shirt around anytime you go in public because that's what our culture says you have to do. If you do not wear that shirt, you will not be able to participate in life.

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 11:17 AM Reply   
https://www.propublica.org/article/m...-fda-standards
Draining the swamp.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2020, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Also, the state is wide open and they are just about right on the amount of ICU beds they have? I think that is pretty good. So a whole state actually gets to live their lives and they still have just the right amount of capacity? Remember, this is all about flattening the curve, yet almost everyone one of your paranoid arguments has to do with not getting it. Which is it?

Is there something special about an ICU bed? Is it softer? whiter sheets?
I can tell you who is clueless. Is this curve FLAT?
https://www.bing.com/search?q=corona...ama&FORM=R5FD1

Why dont you tell me how long one ICU bed is going to last with Alabamas trendline. Do you know what it means when the red line is ballistic?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-27-2020, 12:01 PM Reply   
to make the mask work you first,
1. need a brand new mask,
2. wash your hands before removing it from the box
3. never touch the mask if you touch your face or anything after you put it on
4. wash your hands before removing the mask, if you plan on reusing it
If you touch any part of the inside or outside of a level 3 mask or less, you have contaminated your hands. so puling it down, moving it around, touching things then your mask, or taking it off and on after touching something is a problem. Medical masked are to be put on, after gloving up, never touched, then pitched in the trash, then take your gloves off. i know, I do it everyday. Had a mask on for 5 hours today, put on gloves, masked up, never touched it, took off mask, then degloved

A homemade mask, by the general public, prob has poop on it. lol You are not protecting anyone if you continue to touch it, then something or someone else. Moisture is on the mask, coughing or sneezing will slow down spray, but not stop spray, unless you have a very good level 3 or better mask, and its fitting properly.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
to make the mask work you first,
1. need a brand new mask,
2. wash your hands before removing it from the box
3. never touch the mask if you touch your face or anything after you put it on
4. wash your hands before removing the mask, if you plan on reusing it
If you touch any part of the inside or outside of a level 3 mask or less, you have contaminated your hands. so puling it down, moving it around, touching things then your mask, or taking it off and on after touching something is a problem. Medical masked are to be put on, after gloving up, never touched, then pitched in the trash, then take your gloves off. i know, I do it everyday. Had a mask on for 5 hours today, put on gloves, masked up, never touched it, took off mask, then degloved

A homemade mask, by the general public, prob has poop on it. lol You are not protecting anyone if you continue to touch it, then something or someone else. Moisture is on the mask, coughing or sneezing will slow down spray, but not stop spray, unless you have a very good level 3 or better mask, and its fitting properly.
A-friggin-men. These asshat, ignorant-yet-condescending libtards need to go screw themselves. Noses so far in the air that I pray for a flash storm to drown them all.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 2:29 PM Reply   
Let’s take a brief look at the libtard god, Fauci’s own comments over the past 11 weeks...

March 8: “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. Wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.”

April 8: “What people don’t fully appreciate is that putting a mask on yourself is more to prevent you from infecting someone else.”

May 27: “I’ll wear it for reason that I believe it is effective... I want to protect myself and protect others and also because I want to make it be a symbol for people to see...”
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 2:47 PM Reply   
The science of this discussion left a long time ago. This is all about control over us. The proof of this is all over all sides of the media right now. You Brownshirt A-holes here that keep pulling the totalitarian sled in the name of “the better good for society” can literally go kill yourselves. You’re no different than any communist gov. spook. It’s hilarious that you fools think you’re gonna get away with it. All you’re doing is stoking the Trump Fire. Hell, you can’t even keep LA skateboarders out of the the skate park you filled with sand. Those dudes brought shovels and bailed it out themselves like, “F-you, don’t tread on me.” I love it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Let’s take a brief look at the libtard god, Fauci’s own comments over the past 11 weeks...

March 8: “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. Wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.”

April 8: “What people don’t fully appreciate is that putting a mask on yourself is more to prevent you from infecting someone else.”

May 27: “I’ll wear it for reason that I believe it is effective... I want to protect myself and protect others and also because I want to make it be a symbol for people to see...”
That last sentence: “I want to make it a symbol for people to see.” Doesn’t that phrase perfectly encapsulate liberalism more than any other? Forget the substance. Focus on the symbolism so you can be part of the club..... or commune.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-27-2020, 3:42 PM Reply   
XD
Attached Images
 
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
XD
Twitter et al get protection from libel because it’s an “open forum or platform.” The minute they edit or remove anything, they risk being branded as media and then fall under the same rules as the networks in terms of protection under the law from libel suits. This is the precise reason I was pissed a few weeks ago about Google taking down the expose of Fauci and Co. on YouTube.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 4:36 PM Reply   
Trump’s threat is that he will move to remove that protection. That’s why Zuckerberg 95sn’d his pants today.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-27-2020, 4:39 PM Reply   
https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/27/tw...ecking-dorsey/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Thank you for your opinion piece. Please explain then, why MZ went out and did his thing, if Trump wasn’t on to something.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2020, 4:50 PM Reply   
Is Trump in MZ’s head like he is yours and all the other WW libtards?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-28-2020, 12:20 AM Reply   
I give zero fuqs about Twitter,FB, etc. They are all a cancer. Burn em to the ground and shoot the ashes into a black hole.
I hope they are all miserable as Trump trying to navigate this.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2020, 12:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
I give zero fuqs about Twitter,FB, etc. They are all a cancer. Burn em to the ground and shoot the ashes into a black hole.
I hope they are all miserable as Trump trying to navigate this.
Yep.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2020, 1:16 AM Reply   
103-year-old handles Kung Flu like a boss.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/103-y...virus-recovery
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-28-2020, 2:11 AM Reply   
I can't believe that people are arguing here that a mask or any face covering even a t-shirt doesn't impede the expulsion of body fluids. And when I say "I can't believe" I mean it doesn't surprise me a bit who's making those claims.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2020, 2:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I can't believe that people are arguing here that a mask or any face covering even a t-shirt doesn't impede the expulsion of body fluids. And when I say "I can't believe" I mean it doesn't surprise me a bit who's making those claims.
How did you get out of the crypt again? No one here has claimed that and even Fauci said its more of a symbolic gesture.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-28-2020, 2:57 AM Reply   
That's not what Fauci said. He said wearing the mask in his tv appearances/in situations where there is still social distancing in place is an important visual. It's called being a leader, unlike certain other leaders who choose to spend their time tormenting widowers.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:24 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us