Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-20-2016, 5:00 AM Reply   
Hey I'm heavily considering buying the automated system. I have a 05 avy non c4 We list it 2500lb to Surfing side plus brick on platform. I mainly go with my dad who is goofy and I'm regular. So it's a PITA ! we get good wave listed. I talked to guys at wakemakers and gonsurf assist. They both are telling me it's leaps and bounds better wave. Longer more push and I can change shape on fly. They were pretty convincing. My fear is 4K and 30 holes later I'm not gonna be as pleased as just listing. Wakemakers basicly told me that it essentially does what delta or other slap on device does. So I guess if they work on the boat then this will too. Anyone with older model centurion try wave control or heard of someone? Hard to find centurion info on it. Has anyone have experience with deltas and such with better results then listing ? Also, I'm really trying to get rid of bags all over the place as well. I'm considering to custom bags. One reverse Enzo for walkthru and one custom Enzo style. So I would have free seats and just walkthru showing. So I'm hoping I can totally evenly wait the boat to take advantage of push button side change. Thanks for your help in advance. Let me know your thoughts
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-20-2016, 6:02 AM Reply   
First of all if you really like to surf yes its a good idea. It really change the shape and push of the wave you may even dont need so much weight you already have. For my opinion the go surf assist is the best "aftermarket" surf system. Its really expensive but.. if you think you'll need it go for it, it totally change the ride. My cousin had a 2006 moomba and put some suction surf system and seriously it was kind of a mess. It does the job, yes. But you have to unsuck and re-suck it each time you change goofy to regular and its kind of hard in turning with these when instaled. So the wakemakers system came out with a real surf system like all newer boats. And i think its really better than others. I was in the same shoes last summer. I wanted to had one on my 2008 moomba but seriously for approx 5K installed plus your custom ballast you want to make. I decided to sell my boat and buy a new one with all the surf and ballast feature stock. cause i prefered to put more in a new boat that will last the next 10years then put 5k on my old that can maybe had big issues that gonna cost me more and more year after year. But that its personal choice! Im doing LOT of Hours too so its sure that if you just surfing around a little bit, change your boat may not be a good choice haha. Anyway good luck!
Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-20-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
is pricey. I considered looking at a newer boat. However, that is even pricier. You really need to be over 60k for a surf system boat used and that's the low end. I will have to wait atleast 5 yrs before I can talk my wife into that with 2 babies. If they are into boating then that is an option later. The way I see it my boat is maybe worth 30k if I invest 5 in custom bags and wave control then I'm still in good position. I own the boat also. I have come to terms with spending the money I think. I just don't want to be unsatisfied with the wave or worse having to still list with this thing. I am hoping for true weight balance and really just pressing the button to change sides.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-21-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
You will be very happy with the WaveControl system on your boat. We have had a ton of Centurion owners that were hesitant to jump on an after market surf system but once they did felt the money was worth it.

All I can say is wait until Black Friday. The WaveControl will be priced to move and we have a ton more units this season. Last season we sold out quickly.
Thanks,
Spencer - WakeMakers.com
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-21-2016, 5:01 PM Reply   
Drawing is tomorrow so sign up tonight to win one of the gift cards. https://www.wakemakers.com/black-friday
Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-21-2016, 6:39 PM Reply   
Is there a difference or benefit buying from you guys vs going directly to gsa?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-22-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve300ex View Post
Is there a difference or benefit buying from you guys vs going directly to gsa?
Good question. The systems are a little different when it comes to the wiring harness and the faceplate design. The tabs are the same design as we do use the latest GSA technology. You are not going to go wrong either way. Feel free to call with anymore questions. Have a great week.
Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-22-2016, 5:52 PM Reply   
What Kirk or ballast do you recommend with my boat and the wave control?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-23-2016, 3:50 AM Reply   
I like my GSA for a long wave with tons of push, but the lip leaves a lot to be desired. The suck gate though gives me a huge lip, little shorter pocket. So we get two killer types of waves on one hull. It's win win for me