Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-22-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
Anybody put the 650 fly high integrated bow sack under the front seats in a v230? looks like it will fit, but just curious before I spend $300 on a bag.

Also, how did you tie it into your system? Was thinking of using the ski locker fill and maybe add a drain pump and T into locker bag drain with check valves on each. thoughts?
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-23-2015, 5:34 AM Reply   
If the sac will fit in your bow I have one I can sell you. I had it in my last Enzo and it was not used very often. PM me if you are interested and I can send you some pictures.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-23-2015, 10:01 AM Reply   
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-m...2cqhoC75Lw_wcB

you have this one? any guess as to the weight you can put in it under the seats? sending you a pm so we can discuss
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2015, 8:46 PM Reply   
Nacho, did you ever add it? How has it worked out for you?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-13-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
No I never added it. I'm still not 100% happy with it yet. Have been throwing a 750 in the walkway. Can't find small enough sacs to put up there. I've got a small cooler up front that I never use, I may cut out that glass and run a single sac. I'd really like to find 2 of the old tube sacs and t them together up there
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-13-2015, 9:01 PM Reply   
Yeah that cooler in the front is a waste of space! What is your weight setup for surfing?

This is what we do...depending on how many people are in the boat I'll run 750lbs. in the rear port side storage, 400lbs mid-ship ski locker, and 400lbs port side bow. With 6 or so adults on the port side it throws a good wake. When we don't have that many people I move the 400lb sack from the bow to the rear port side seats and it helps but it's not a great wave. I've found that the V230 really needs a lot of weight.

I've been kicking around the idea of a custom sack or possibly some lead weights to put under the port side seats to avoid having to put ballast out in the open in the main cabin. Not many V230 owners out there so I'm always curious as to what others are doing with theirs.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-14-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
1100 starboard locker
350~ belly
750 in walkway
750 on floor by cooler
300 lbs lead under starboard bow seats.

You're right about the weight it needs. When I picked up my boat, the dealer in Austin told me it surfed well with stock tanks (400 per side) and belly sac. What a load of **** that was
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-14-2015, 10:34 AM Reply   
Jetski, what speed you running?

was at 11.3 but have been running 10.5 need to cut my platform corners so they don't dig into the face
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-15-2015, 10:04 PM Reply   
No idea

We don't have speed control (yet) and the speedo isn't all that accurate (starts reading at 10mph supposedly) so I base it off RPM. This weekend I'll check via GPS if I remember.