Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (CarbonSurf)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-24-2014, 7:31 PM Reply   
My local Supra dealer was nice enough to bring out a Supra 2014 SC350 with swell surf system and plug and play ballasts to our shallow lake for us to surf and review.

What is a shallow lake, under 10ft our lake is avg 6ft but can range from 2ft to 8ft.

My normal ride is a 06 supra 21v, we run close to 1750 port side 250 starboard and ride at 9.3 to 9.8mph 14 degree list
We can surf with out issue knee high.
I surf regular foot skim style on a carbon fiber drew phase5

We setup the SC350 80% center, both rear at 100% and swell system on skim speed 9mph

I was shocked that I surfed with a factory boat and two people in the boat.
The surf real estate was huge vs. My 21v so much room width wise for spins and shuvits.
Wave did not seem tall with that config
Next we went faster 10mph I must have been 15ft back felt strange being so far back.
We then tested a transfer from regular to goofy 123 switched sides surfed and fell.

I walked away saying wow that is awesome I need a new boat.

Top reasons
More surfing area, transfer reg to goofy, no crazy listing, ballasts fill in 7min vs. 20min, goofy riders, height adjustable seat.

If I buy a new SC or SA i'll be sure to post more test results.

Questions I pondering so is it that new hull that is making a killer surf wave in the shallow lake or is it the swell surf system / custom port and starboard trim tabs.

I have some more manufacturer's on board for testing over the next month stay tuned.

Happy Surfing
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-25-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
I have a 2008 21V and was in a G21 surfing, and i was thinking just the same as you did ;-)