Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Minnesotasurfer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-27-2015, 12:19 AM Reply   
I was just wondering if the new surf system that Fine Line industries came out with for these boats is better than the boat listed? or how it performs in general? Is it worth the extra money? I'm not a surf system fan at all, since the other companies surf systems are absolutely crap. I would be ok with it if it was as good as listed or better though.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-27-2015, 4:29 AM Reply   
This system from what I gather has been designed strictly to competitive in the market on the boat being able to surf level and transfer instantly.

The boat wake is far superior listed. This is how they have designed their hulls to work. I have ridden behind the boat set up boat both ways. Hands down running listed is a better wake! Plus, running all ballast full increases consumption a lot. There is a great write up on Th eCenturion Crew about it.

No need for a Surf system. My 244 switches sides in about 40 seconds. Plenty fast!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2015, 5:52 AM Reply   
Unfortunately the public thinks they need a surf system. Much like kids think they need a "Happy Meal". A lot of us already know we can get along just fine without the "in" thing. We're better off because of exploring the other options.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-27-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
ditto
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-27-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
It depends on what your specific desires are. I just had a 2015 FS44 built. I opted for it fir the times I want to just take beginners out and not have to worry about figuring out if they ride goofy or regular. Load it up and change quickly between riders. In actuality, with a factory plug and play system on top of ramfill, if you do not want the PNP full on the non-surf side, then for the factory system it is about a 3.5 minute drain and fill the opposite side bags. The ram fill is about 30 seconds to swap sides.
Old     (wyotige)      Join Date: Dec 2014       04-27-2015, 8:04 PM Reply   
^^^^ You might save yourself some time and just have them pretend like they are going to run and slide on a slick surface. Whatever foot they put forward is their dominant foot. Or have them stand equal weight on each foot, slightly push them from behind, typically the foot they put out to catch themselves is the dominant foot.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-27-2015, 8:40 PM Reply   
Of course there are times I want to quickly change sides myself. I like working on riding both sides. While there will be many times I choose to lean the boat, there will also be many times that I choose to weight evenly. I also want to work to be able to switch sides while riding rope less. It's definitely a decision for each buyer to choose, but it does not detriment the leaning, and when buying a new boat is minimal cost so my opinion is get it.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-28-2015, 4:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzalum View Post
It depends on what your specific desires are. I just had a 2015 FS44 built. I opted for it fir the times I want to just take beginners out and not have to worry about figuring out if they ride goofy or regular. Load it up and change quickly between riders. In actuality, with a factory plug and play system on top of ramfill, if you do not want the PNP full on the non-surf side, then for the factory system it is about a 3.5 minute drain and fill the opposite side bags. The ram fill is about 30 seconds to swap sides.

If you fill both PnP bags, use them as the counterweight, you can uses the RamFill to switch sides.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-28-2015, 6:05 AM Reply   
It's not worth arguing, but I was stating transfer times for not leaving both PNP bags full. Yes, you may choose to, but not everyone does. Just putting all of the information out there for a factory outfitted boat.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-28-2015, 6:31 PM Reply   
The reason to fill the plug n play on both sides is part of the setup if you list it or not, so it only makes sense to fill them, then decide if you want to list or not to list, till under a minute to switch left or right and you always use the bow weight on the new fs series and none on the sv/ss series. i think that was what lkasurgin was talking about
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-29-2015, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
The reason to fill the plug n play on both sides is part of the setup if you list it or not, so it only makes sense to fill them, then decide if you want to list or not to list, till under a minute to switch left or right and you always use the bow weight on the new fs series and none on the sv/ss series. i think that was what lkasurgin was talking about
Bow weight seems to be a personal preference. I, for one, fill my bow bag and add some more additional weight in my SV233.