Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (magverbs)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-26-2015, 6:44 PM Reply   
My board was stolen out my boat last summer , so now I am looking to start over. I have learned from my last setup what different things I am looking for. Mainly, I felt that my previous bindings were very loose and got worse as I continued to use them. Please give me suggestions on boots that are really tight, and provide little to no slipin or slidin.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-26-2015, 11:13 PM Reply   
What bindings did you have, it'll give us a starting point on what you consider 'loose'.
Also what is your budget for them?
Cheers
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-27-2015, 3:56 AM Reply   
Get some Humanoid Odyssey bindings from blemboard.
Old     (magverbs)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-27-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
What bindings did you have, it'll give us a starting point on what you consider 'loose'.
Also what is your budget for them?
Cheers
They were the 2012 hyperlite destroyer bindings. My budget is pretty good, but if you can give me a range of options, that would be great.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-27-2015, 3:38 PM Reply   
Slingshot - Shredtown, KTV or RAD.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-27-2015, 3:54 PM Reply   
Ronix Ones. Best fitting bindings I have found, with good support.
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-27-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
I've got ronix code 55s and they have been awesome. Stiff boot so if you don't like a stiff boot then there not for you. Had cwb Marius before the ronix and had to get replacements for 3 years in a row because they would rip or break. Great customer service though at cwb, they sent me new bindings each time they broke.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-28-2015, 4:34 AM Reply   
Hyperlite or Byerly systems. Ratchet them down as tight as you want and they're plastic so they don't stretch out and lose support like a boot alone. You can then dictate how much nose to tail flex you want with which boot you run and or how tight you keep the upper half of the boot.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-28-2015, 8:31 AM Reply   
I've been riding Ronix Cells for a long time… those things are GREAT. I've got really weak ankles and I feel solid in them. Could probably find them for a good price.
Old     (GunnarHunt)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-04-2015, 12:09 PM Reply   
I just got these boots and love them but I also bought a pair of systems so I am trying to sell my Shanes, they are the 2014 and have been worn less then 15 times. Let me know if you're interested.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-04-2015, 4:17 PM Reply   
I ride the Code 55s (which used to be the Ronix Cells) and love them. They are very stiff and even though they stay quite stiff they also break in nicely and provide a little more flexibility. So if they feel too stiff at first don't worry about it.

My understanding is that the LF Shane's are quite felixble. I bought some Watsons, which are supposed to be more stiff than the Shane's and rode them once for 5 minutes. They were so much more flexible than I cared for. No trying to ruin your sale, GunnHurt, but I don't think they're what he's looking for.