Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
This news article appeared in the local paper yesterday.
http://www.modbee.com/news/local/article10559816.html
^^^^
The artical is saying that they "Might" have to drain our lake so that the Fishys down stream can thrive.

Here is a video of our Rep Tom McClintock speaking on the issue: this video was from last years water shortage. But now again it's revelant he is talking about exactly what is happening.
http://youtu.be/xQ2UjZGtjaM
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2015, 11:39 AM Reply   
Then there is the issue of the farmers down stream that receive as much water as they want for next to nothing: farmers can purchase water from our agency at the rate of $19 per acre feet. To put that in perspective. That would be 12 inches of water deep over an entire square acre. A farmer could flood his entire 20 acre parcel with 12 inches deep water for only $600.

A friend of mine who lives in the valley. Lodi to be exact. Says that entire neighborhoods do not have water meters they never installed them. They can use as little or as much water as they wish for a flat rate. My friend that has no meter at his house in Lodi said he could fill and drain his swimming pool all week long for the same low water rate. Another friend of mine who lives in discovery Bay says the same thing. No water meter to his house and he pays a flat rate no matter how much water he uses or saves.
Old     (dcspain)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-19-2015, 12:38 PM Reply   
Things must be entirely different in Lodi compared to the rest of the valley. If your selling water for $19 an acre foot, I'll take it. I'm a grower in fresno and have only 10% of my normal allocation. I can't even find water to buy. Last year I was spending over $500 for an acre foot of water. I just put a new well in to compensate for this loss. 1500 feet and a million dollars later I still don't have enough. The "MIS" management is the millions of gallons a day that flows out of the delta.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2015, 1:35 PM Reply   
Here Ya Go
$600 for 20 achers of 1 foot of water
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 02-19-2015 at 1:43 PM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-19-2015, 1:39 PM Reply   
I pay $200 a month to take showers, flush toilets and wash cloths in KS. Good thing I don't care about my yard.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-19-2015, 6:33 PM Reply   
they might as well just finish off the salmon...who needs them? its just extinction. Cosumnes River...the name comes from the indian word for salmon...

why are fish less important than almonds?

water flowing to the ocean is NOT wasted.