Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakelite33)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-10-2015, 2:47 PM Reply   
so i've read through some of the previous posts and just need some more input. I'm 5'8 192lbs. bulky guy, but would consider myself an intermediate rider. I've been riding hyperlite 138 for the past 5 years with no problems, then rode my buddies newer board w/out molded fins and center fin. of course it rides more free and is giving, which i love. i know there isn't to much of a difference between 4 cm, but am just curious if i should step up with my weight and all? and if any of you are riding the one modello or timebomb, i would like to hear what you think about it.

Thanks guys!

(still cold here in Michigan, tax return money will be here soon, soo... new board.)
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-10-2015, 3:15 PM Reply   
Started out riding on a Timebomb and loved it. They run a bit narrow so my opinion for sure is step up to the 142 for your size.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-10-2015, 10:52 PM Reply   
I'd say rock the Timebomb, I think being an intermediate rider for a few years that you'll like the added stiffness and pop from the core. And I agree with the 142. That's a definite between either board.
Old     (wakelite33)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-11-2015, 5:15 AM Reply   
Seems like timebomb it may be. Do you guys have any thoughts of the code 22 vs the timebomb?
Thanks for the feedback.
Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-11-2015, 9:15 AM Reply   
I have a 2015 Ronix One Timebomb 138 for sale. Brand new in the plastic. Ill take $450 shipped for it. $600 in shops right now.

Last edited by ac88926; 02-11-2015 at 9:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-11-2015, 9:38 AM Reply   
I agree 142 for a 190# rider. I'm more indifferent between the Modello and Timebomb. I've ridden both and can't tell much difference. If I were on a tight budget I'd feel perfectly fine sticking with the Modello. If I were willing to spend an extra $100-200 for a little better performance, I'd get the Timebomb. I went Modello. I ride a buddy's Timebomb frequently and I honestly would think I was on my Modello if I didn't look down and see a different color. When I do ride his Timebomb, it also means I'm on a different boat so the difference in wakes might be hiding some of the real difference in the boards.
Old     (wakelite33)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-11-2015, 4:40 PM Reply   
good info guys. Have you ever rode code 22?