Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-30-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Off work the week between Christmas and New Years and cleaning out the house/basement. I have 2x 2004 Liquid Force Subjekt 141 boards I need to get rid of. I was planning to make a wake-bench out of these, but finally being honest with myself I realize they've been sitting around 7-8 years since I've ridden either of them and it's just not happening. Plus my wife doesn't think a wake bench will go with our outdoor furniture.

If someone with more time wants to take this on these boards are free. I only ask that you pay shipping. I would guess somewhere around $25-30.

The board on the right is broken. The foam core is broken clean across right on the outside of where the front binding plate would have mounted (can't tell you how many LF boards I've broken right in that spot!). The glass did not break so it wouldn't be that noticeable on a bench, you have to flex the board to see that the core is broken.

The board on the left is still rideable. I don't believe it's cursed but this is the board I blew my right ACL on - I have not ridden it since. Both boards have been park boards at one point you as you can tell from photos.

Let me know. I'm giving it until next week's trash day (Thursday of next week) and they they're getting set out to the curb.

Email
dustin.m.yost@gmail.com
Email me if you want them, let me know your address, I'll figure shipping, you can Paypal me, then I'll send them out.

Thanks,
-dy
Attached Images

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-30-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
how much to ship to 61073?
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-30-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
If ya still gottem I wantem
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-30-2014, 11:58 PM Reply   
I'll take them both for easier shipping. Let me know how to pay you.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-31-2014, 1:02 AM Reply   
Martar wins, first to email with enough info to price out shipping.
John I got your email with address, working on figuring how much to ship your way.
Stay tuned should know more Wed PM.

Will stay in touch over email here on out.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-31-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Come on, I'll do a bench article starring your boards!
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-31-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
Tempting David but I'm a man of my word and already committed.
Next time maybe.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-01-2015, 1:23 PM Reply   
As long as they go to a good home!
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-05-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for the deal on the boards Dustin. Got them this morning (Friday) and finished the bench this afternoon!
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-05-2015, 8:32 PM Reply   
Damn dude, many years stashed away I never got around to this. You get the boards and 48hrs later have a finished wakebench.
Where did you get the frame, or did you make it? Did you already have this ready and just needed to screw the boards on?

I was gonna buy one of those composite kits where you complete the bench with 2x4 lumber (but obviously use the boards for the seat and back) but that kit was like $50 and I was worried it would be very heavy with all the 2x's in there.

Won't be offended if you remove my K-State ski/wake club sticker, but cool if you leave it on too!
Cool to see the board that claimed a knee go on to serve another purpose.

Nice job,
-dy
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-05-2015, 8:35 PM Reply   
Dave, looks like Martar could write the bench article for you!
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-06-2015, 4:14 AM Reply   
I built the frame myself out of 1" x 16" gauge square tubing. The bench is very lightweight. As far as the stickers go I'm leaving as is. I'm gonna give the bench a permanent home on our dock.

Thanks,
David
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2015, 8:03 PM Reply   
Dustin,

You mentioned a kit that uses lumber for $50. I tried the friendly google to see if I could locate what you found, but with no luck. Care to share the link?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2015, 8:08 PM Reply   
Sure, something like this:

http://www.googleadservices.com/page...26cse%253D2615

Last edited by dyost; 02-06-2015 at 8:11 PM. Reason: fix
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
It's a kit with the legs where you're supposed to finish it out with 2x4 lumber you purchase yourself.
Obviously you'd use wake boards instead of the seat/back and two 2x4 for the supports underneath the seat (wakeboard).

I don't know what these weight, but my thought is it would be a lot less than building a whole frame out of wood.

John has the right idea though I think, need a pipe bender though.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-09-2015, 6:29 PM Reply   
I made one with the kit. It weighs in at about 40 lbs. Pretty sturdy.