Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wheeldogg)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-28-2014, 2:53 PM Reply   
Noob here, need a little help with some hardware and stuff

Ok, so i have this ronix wakeboard (https://www.ronixstore.com/p/11184) which apparently requires m6 hardware.

i also have these bindings (http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboard-...rley-2012.aspx)

is there any way i can put the two together? if so where can i get the hardware? i would really love to not have to buy new bindings, because i like my old ones and new ones cost money

Thanks in advance,
Sam
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-28-2014, 2:58 PM Reply   
I would just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some Stainless m6 screws.
Old     (Wheeldogg)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-28-2014, 3:01 PM Reply   
how long do they need to be?
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-28-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
Get them the same length as the ones you have now.
Old     (Wheeldogg)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-28-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
ok thanks,
seems as though these might work as well

http://www.boardstop.com/advanced_se...hp?keywords=m6

Last edited by Wheeldogg; 12-28-2014 at 4:05 PM. Reason: .
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-28-2014, 4:29 PM Reply   
Yes they'll work but Home Depot will be 1/10th the price
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-28-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
Been using Home Depot screws for years now...
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-28-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
Have you ridden that District yet? If so whats it like? Looking at going to something a little more mellow than the One I am riding now
Old     (Wheeldogg)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-28-2014, 7:23 PM Reply   
haven't ridden it yet, just got a new board because i was too big for the last one lol
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-28-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
I have a 2014 138 for sale, I rode it once, it was a warranty replacement. $200+ shipping if anyone is interested.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-29-2014, 7:42 AM Reply   
dont buy hardware at home depot, its garbage, go to Ace Hardware. Home depot is my last resort.

Make sure to get stainless....
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-29-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
I like Ace over Lowe's because of better selection (far better). I never considered Home Depot, believing that HD core products are other than things for metal workers.

My 2008 LF Shane bindings used truss-head style fasteners. To replace those, I had to buy online from McMaster-Carr.

Don't buy too long or you'll push out through the bottom of the board.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-29-2014, 1:27 PM Reply   
Also about Ace stores ... they are not all equal. One near me is 5 years old. It is not any better than a Lowes. Another is decades and decades old. It's a treasure trove of hardware.

There are other independent hardware stores in the outlying towns that are generations old. They are like museums of equipment and hardware albeit for livestock owners, dairy farmers, or any kind of farming other than crop growing.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-29-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
dont buy hardware at home depot, its garbage, go to Ace Hardware. Home depot is my last resort.
This is the reason people stop posting...

I've been using Home Depots "garbage" hardware for 20+ years.

Last edited by WheelerWake; 12-29-2014 at 2:53 PM.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-29-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelerWake View Post

This.

I personally prefer HD over all others. Dont let one person close your mind. All big box home improvement stores will have the hardware you need. Just make sure you get stainless and you will be set.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-29-2014, 11:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelerWake View Post

People stop posting because of my opinion about hardware?

You must have a super nice HD....I guess ive just had enough issues sorting through miss-marked hardware, poorly rolled threads, lack of selection that I don't bother with HD for hardware. I also really don't like having to buy packs of three.... or five.... I want the number I want.

For the record, I shop at HD for all sorts of other stuff. But I go to Ace for hardware.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
I've never had an issue with HD hardware. I'm currently using HD Stainless Screws on my board.

I agree that the elitist attitude is annoying. They're just screws guys, go to whatever store is most convenient for you and get what you need. No need for an argument on this subject.