Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-12-2016, 3:35 PM Reply   
Obama is just scum

there is no other way to think of him

I will rejoice when he's finally gone

http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/br...h-sick-message
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2016, 5:21 PM Reply   
Allen West is a huge douch bag.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2016, 5:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Obama is just scum

there is no other way to think of him

I will rejoice when he's finally gone

http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/br...h-sick-message
Yeah, I sure wish we were back in the George W. Bush days...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-12-2016, 5:51 PM Reply   
The comments on that page sure show who the target audience is. Good grief, what an echo chamber.

I really liked this quote from Bush's speech today:

"At times, it seems like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together. Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates too quickly into dehumanization. Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions. (Applause.) And this has strained our bonds of understanding and common purpose. "

And in that spirit, I'd like to say thanks for posting tho Cliff. Definitely a tough issue and I can understand how the President's words can sometimes seem polarizing.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2016, 7:05 PM Reply   
I watched the speach and I didn't find it out of line. I saw Obama as trying to build a bridge. He was in a tough position. He would be dammed if he would have just kept on subject and kept it all about the 5 murderd cops. The goal here is change. I was more disappointed in what was NOT said. Rudy Gulianna did a good job of speaking the truth. If Obama could have or would have had a similar message that would have gone a long way in my book. He did mention talking about the TRUTH a few times. IMO the truth includes statments like, the Black Comunity needs clean up their act. But I know that would have upset a lot of people.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2016, 12:26 AM Reply   
well, here in DFW, the black police chief seems to have a better handle on things than any politician

but yes....GWB gave a much better, more appropriate speech

Obumma needs to condemn the blm movement.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2016, 12:39 AM Reply   
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/11/fm...#ixzz4EBCkuHDo

exactly

we all know that nothing will come of this. But I feel that it's somewhat true

fundamentally change the country......that's exactly what he did. Whomever thinks it's good, is just as ignorant as this bitch

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/07/...y-wants-364047
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2016, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I watched the speach and I didn't find it out of line. I saw Obama as trying to build a bridge. He was in a tough position. He would be dammed if he would have just kept on subject and kept it all about the 5 murderd cops. The goal here is change. I was more disappointed in what was NOT said. Rudy Gulianna did a good job of speaking the truth. If Obama could have or would have had a similar message that would have gone a long way in my book. He did mention talking about the TRUTH a few times. IMO the truth includes statments like, the Black Comunity needs clean up their act. But I know that would have upset a lot of people.
Guiliani didn't "speak the truth". He said, "99.9% of the time, a black is killed by another black". That is not a factual statement and it was to suggest blacks are solely targeted by their own race. The true number is very close to the same figure in which whites kill another white. If you look at both numbers, you would conclude that "BOTH Communities need to clean up their act".

Listen, there is a political wedge in this country. Obama could have taken a 180 approach on his statements, stood by the police's actions 100%, and guys like Allen West would still be criticizing and guys like Cliff would still be expressing his phony outrage, it's just the landscape of this country. Obama is about 6 months from leaving office and a lot of the doom and gloom predicted by the right-wing pundits never came true.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2016, 10:13 AM Reply   
His Exact words were. "When you say the name Black Lives Matter that's inherently racist". IMO he is 100% correct.
He also said "Black men should not be afraid of the police & that they were more likely to be kill by one of their Own then the police. IMO he was 100% correct.
Wake Im sure his number's were off when he said 99 out of 100 times it's Black on Black death or shooting violence Vs the Police doing it but again IMO he was 100% correct. You can crunch or manipulate the numbers to prove or disprove your point. That doesn't change reality.
Imagine, if Obama would have said, "Black parents and fathers need to teach their kids to be respectful of the Police". I don't think the criticizing would have come from Allen West it would have been from The BLM movement and IMO they would turn on Obama.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7d0d18b45c42
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2016, 10:26 AM Reply   
Jeremy, you're a hoot
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2016, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
His Exact words were. "When you say the name Black Lives Matter that's inherently racist". IMO he is 100% correct.
This is an example of dumba$$ery. Is "racism" always bad? IOW, if a particular race has issues with equality, then it's inherently racist by definition to bring up the issue. Why? Because it's about race. If it's about race, then it's racist. Right??

No that's not right. Racism employs the notion that a race is inferior. So bringing up the issue of unequal treatment isn't racist. That douche bag isn't 100% or even 1% correct.

It's amazing how willfully ignorant people can be. Anytime a group has issues they feel need addressing, if another group denies the legitimacy of their complaint you can expect the stakes to go up. The escalation of the BLM violence is promoted by those people who continue to deny that there is an issue of unequal treatment.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-13-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
How is that any different from "When you say Ethiopian food is good, that's inherently racist"?

The way I see it, I can say Ethiopian food is good without somehow conveying that all other food is inferior and sub par. I'd just be saying it so that the wider population, which might be unfamiliar with the merits of Ethiopian food, know that I think it's good (too).
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-13-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
Bush's speech was awesome. Obama had good moments, but decided to be too political for most of it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2016, 10:54 AM Reply   
I think it goes deeper than that John

As long as one race wants to "bring down" another, there will be racism. It will probably just continue to get worse.

Racists whites might want to keep, or "bring down" blacks in order to feel superior

Blacks might want to "bring down" whites, in order to feel equal

This action/philosophy won't ever work to end racism

Until people decide to elevate everyone, there will always be extreme racism
Society needs to figure out a way to elevate academic standards, for example, instead of water things down to fit the less fortunate.

anyway
This president does nothing to create that. He only makes things worse.....and no Jeremy, not merely by being black
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-13-2016, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Society needs to figure out a way to elevate academic standards, for example, instead of water things down to fit the less fortunate.
I mean as long as you are OK with how that's worked out in CA after race based admissions standards were abandoned in '96?

(hint -- whites make up only 27% of admits)

https://www.admission.ucla.edu/campusprofile.htm
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2016, 11:18 AM Reply   
Yes, it's gets deeper and deeper the longer people are in denial. Your statement that "Blacks might want to "bring down" whites, in order to feel equal" is an example of denial. Blacks also want to not be automatically suspected of wrongdoing by the police. The guy the cop murdered in his car was according to what I read stopped by the police 52 times in 14 years. I get stopped about once every 10 years. And it's never for being suspicious.

Granted I don't know the details of the reasons for those stops. But I bet a big part of it was his appearance.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-13-2016, 12:20 PM Reply   
Still waiting for the NRA's announcement about how the legal gunowner's rights were violated in Minnesota. Crickets. Wonder what's different about him that makes them hesitate?

People who rail against the slogan Black Lives Matter haven't thought things through and are having a visceral reaction based on their bias. Bringing black on black crime into it is irrelevant as has already been pointed out - the majority of crime occurs within social circles and neighborhoods. Grant you're absolutely right that the black community has a problem with absentee fathers, and many activists own that, but you have to admit that the rate of policing, stops, incarceration, and of course police killing is out of proportion and is part of that problem. Like John pointed out, Castile who by all accounts is a model citizen and legal gunowner had been pulled over a ridiculous number of times just in the last couple years.

"Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth — there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate — young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem."
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-13-2016, 12:21 PM Reply   
In related news, wtf was W doing at the memorial in a bright blue suit and dancing and grinning like a fool? Is he back on the rock?

http://gawker.com/what-exactly-was-g...-me-1783551893
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-13-2016, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Yes, it's gets deeper and deeper the longer people are in denial. Your statement that "Blacks might want to "bring down" whites, in order to feel equal" is an example of denial. Blacks also want to not be automatically suspected of wrongdoing by the police. The guy the cop murdered in his car was according to what I read stopped by the police 52 times in 14 years. I get stopped about once every 10 years. And it's never for being suspicious.

Granted I don't know the details of the reasons for those stops. But I bet a big part of it was his appearance.
When I was 18, I had so many tickets I had to get a SR22 to keep driving. I don't blame the police for profiling me... I drove carelessly and deserved it. Who knows why he was pulled over so many times if he indeed was. That type of statement is what bugs me about BLM. They were wrong in the whole Trayvon case to begin with. "Hands up, don't shoot". Also false per local black witnesses. Baltimore is false. "Pigs in a blanket"???
http://www.infowars.com/video-black-...ing-over-cops/

How about this Harvard study done by a black man?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-controversial
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2016, 2:33 PM Reply   
Wes: Good point about Castle and his 52 Pull overs or Police stops. He was pulled over for a Broken Tail light. Last time I checked yes this is a Ligit reason to be stopped. You have a car thats got somthing wrong with it and or its out of registration your gonna get pulled over. What about the 52 other stops? We're these police profiling or were they legit offenses?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-13-2016, 2:49 PM Reply   
Grant, I'd agree it is a legit reason to be stopped. However it was not the reason he was stopped, that was just initially reported before more details came out afaik. EDIT: evidently officers lied and made up the tail light thing; the tail light is seen functional in photos/videos

From the police audio:

"Officer: I’m going to stop a car…I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over. The two occupants just look like people who have been involved in a robbery. The driver looked more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide-set nose."

Hilarious. As if driving by at speed the officer was able to gauge the suspect's nose. "OMG THAT NOSE MUSTA BEEN AT LEAST 4CM! BETTER GO PULL HIM OVER!" This is exactly the kind of bullsh&t profiling we're talking about.

Last edited by pesos; 07-13-2016 at 2:52 PM.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-13-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
Chris Rock can say it better than any of you about how not to get into trouble with the law as a black person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLCF4Tiqg4
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-13-2016, 3:02 PM Reply   
Found this on the WP also. The best course of action is not to resist.. IMO body cameras and in this case taser cameras are going to eventually change the game and hopefully stop a lot of this.
This video of Kassick being killed by police is disturbing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...t-nearly-1000/
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-13-2016, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
chris rock can say it better than any of you about how not to get into trouble with the law as a black person. :d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlcf4tiqg4
lmao!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2016, 3:46 PM Reply   
no denial here.....sorry to disappoint

chris rock.....accurate and funny
Old    deltahoosier            07-13-2016, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Guiliani didn't "speak the truth". He said, "99.9% of the time, a black is killed by another black". That is not a factual statement and it was to suggest blacks are solely targeted by their own race. The true number is very close to the same figure in which whites kill another white. If you look at both numbers, you would conclude that "BOTH Communities need to clean up their act".

Listen, there is a political wedge in this country. Obama could have taken a 180 approach on his statements, stood by the police's actions 100%, and guys like Allen West would still be criticizing and guys like Cliff would still be expressing his phony outrage, it's just the landscape of this country. Obama is about 6 months from leaving office and a lot of the doom and gloom predicted by the right-wing pundits never came true.
Thing is, Obama didn't. We have racial tension like no other time. Obama is calling for a public option in healthcare. Everyone predicted he put through the other healthcare bills as a poison pill and it is killing the industry. That is true. People have pretty much nailed obama and the predictions are true.

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of black victims killed by blacks.

You have to remember blacks are only around 12% of the population.

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than the reverse.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5...-aaron-bandler

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black," MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. According to MacDonald, 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man...but this does not tell the whole story. In August 2015, the ratio was seven-to-one of unarmed black men dying from police gunshots compared to unarmed white men; the ratio was six-to-one by the end of 2015. But MacDonald points out in The Marshall Project that looking at the details of the actual incidents that occurred paints a different picture:

The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.

In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.

MacDonald examines a number of other instances, including unarmed black men in San Diego, CA and Prince George's County, MD attempting to reach for a gun in a police officer's holster. In the San Diego case, the unarmed black man actually "jumped the officer" and assaulted him, and the cop shot the man since he was "fearing for his life." MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where "three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them."

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what MacDonald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2016, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jeremy, you're a hoot
What did I lie about? My post is factual, your's is hyperbole. There hasn't been one stance that Republicans have agreed with Obama (maybe I am off here, but I feel confident). Democrats backed Bush on several occasions. I am missing something here?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2016, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Thing is, Obama didn't. We have racial tension like no other time. Obama is calling for a public option in healthcare. Everyone predicted he put through the other healthcare bills as a poison pill and it is killing the industry. That is true. People have pretty much nailed obama and the predictions are true.

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of black victims killed by blacks.

You have to remember blacks are only around 12% of the population.

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than the reverse.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5...-aaron-bandler

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black," MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. According to MacDonald, 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man...but this does not tell the whole story. In August 2015, the ratio was seven-to-one of unarmed black men dying from police gunshots compared to unarmed white men; the ratio was six-to-one by the end of 2015. But MacDonald points out in The Marshall Project that looking at the details of the actual incidents that occurred paints a different picture:

The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.

In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.

MacDonald examines a number of other instances, including unarmed black men in San Diego, CA and Prince George's County, MD attempting to reach for a gun in a police officer's holster. In the San Diego case, the unarmed black man actually "jumped the officer" and assaulted him, and the cop shot the man since he was "fearing for his life." MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where "three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them."

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what MacDonald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.
Look man. I read the numbers you have presented, but the truth of the matter is, your numbers can be used to shown that had the victims in Louisiana and Minnesota been Caucasian, they would likely still be alive today.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-13-2016, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
When I was 18, I had so many tickets I had to get a SR22 to keep driving. I don't blame the police for profiling me... I drove carelessly and deserved it. l[/url]
You clearly don't understand what the term profiling means. You drove carelessly and dersevred it is much different than driving normally and being black. Jesus Christ.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2016, 11:37 PM Reply   
Quote:

Are u F'n kidding me. This entire farce of BLM is his final nail in the coffin or America. He's a domestic terrorist end of story. He's done more to set back race relations than any of the previous sitting presidents combined. He's taken this country into a downward spiral.

Please post your stats to back up your statements that whites kill whites the same rate blacks kill blacks. You're completely in never never land. It will be happy to supply you the crime stats that prove you are completely wrong.

Here's something to ponder.
Chicago.
Over 2050 shootings this year alone.

Over 350 homicides.

Percentage shooting was black on black. Over 90.

Guess how many the police have shot and killed. A whopping 4. 1 being a suicide by cop scenario. But those darn cops are out of control. Riiiiiigght?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2016, 11:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Look man. I read the numbers you have presented, but the truth of the matter is, your numbers can be used to shown that had the victims in Louisiana and Minnesota been Caucasian, they would likely still be alive today.
You're high as a kite.

The offender in Louisiana was a violent repeat offender who attempted to kill an officer in the same exact situation in 2009. Identical to the t except he wasn't killed he was charged instead. You're really going to sit here and tell all of us a guy who chose to be an armed violent criminal who tried to fight and possibly kill a police officer would be alive if he was white????? He'd be just as dead if he was white

Feel free to read all the Facts pertaining to Minnesota as well. Guy was stopped because he matched the bolo of an armed robbery suspect. He was told numerous times"all on recorded Audio" to take is hand off the gun , another thug who chose not to listen to the police.

Michael brown. Oh yea tried to murder the cop once evidence all came out, all those hands up narratives we proven false. Freddie grey, oh yea another guy who fought with police , court records show he died due to his own actions, Henry Gates oh yea another situation Obama ate his words once the facts came out, turns out Old Henry was the instigator not the police.

Can u name more than 2 BLM poster boys that weren't armed or violent criminals ? This hoodie Obama speaks of, didn't that one blow up in his face too. Turns out ok trevon was the aggressor. See the common theme here? The fact that blacks are stopped more frequently than whites is because 3-4 times as many police resources are assigned to these violent areas. Simple as that. A higher concentration of violent crime and a higher concentration of police in an assigned area leads to higher numbers. It's funny. You don't ever hear the 100's of working class people stuck in these violent neighborhoods complaining about police. You hear a bunch of jobless bust outs , career criminal's family members , and politicians on capital hill doing all the complaining. Ask any single hard working family trying to get by In these war zones their view of the police. America would be shocked to hear their side

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-13-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-14-2016, 12:11 AM Reply   
George Zimmerman's your hero ain't he? Hilarious lol.

Maybe you'lol listen to a GOP senator tell his experiences. Or is he lying too?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/tim-s...ction=politics
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2016, 12:11 AM Reply   
To the op

He's is plain scum. A memorial service is about those being memorialized. Those who still had the courage and fortitude to stand there and protect the same people that want them dead. His speech should have been about the sacrifices they made, the support their families will get from him and the white house ( yea I know that's a long shot) and the thanks and praise all those in attendance deserve for still putting on that uniform in the face of adversity .

He should have mentioned the many selfless acts those involved performed that day. Especially those officers that used themselves as human shields to protect those very same people calling for their heads for the shooters. But we all know he doesn't believe in that, That's not what he stands for. He'd rather mention himself over 45 times. Use the pulpit to promote a false gun agenda, Use the pulpit to promote a false out of control police nation. It's sickening.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2016, 12:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
George Zimmerman's your hero ain't he? Hilarious lol.

Maybe you'lol listen to a GOP senator tell his experiences. Or is he lying too?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/tim-s...ction=politics
You're kidding me right? Did you actually read the description of his encounters? He was speeding , his self righteous power trip self thinks the police have no right to ask for his id because he's wearing a pin? Ha. Typical entitlement. It's not because your lack senator it's because the police don't know who you are . so now he's all upset this white officer didn't know who he was and wouldn't just let him drive off. Oh yea. Truly racial profiling there senator. I get to drive like a jag and do whatever I want , and everyone should immediately recognize me by my pin. HAHAHAHAH. It's obviously because I am black. Not because I consistently drive like a goof and have no respect for lawemforcement and their duties. He's not dead so maybe the fine senator should give speeches of how to act when pulled over or confronted by police.

Please stop letting fiction get in the way of fact

I am. It going to say profiling doesn't exist , ever profession has their bad apples. Police are no exception. It's simply not an epidemic of national proportion. Data has been collected over and over and over, Factual data. It simply doesn't not existing the grand scale.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-14-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-14-2016, 12:29 AM Reply   
Clearly you didn't read what he said or have no interest in being honest.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2016, 12:40 AM Reply   
clearly I read and summarized all his troubles with identification in one post. Whether it was walking through a security checkpoint or being pulled over. His reaction is the same.

I asked for facts not inferences and fairly tales.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-14-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-14-2016, 5:57 AM Reply   
BLM and the Cops both have room for improvement. Anyone not actively working to turn down the situation and foster understanding is on the side of wrong.

The sad part is both sides see themselves as right. I personally believe self-righteousness is at the core of the worst kind of evil in the world. When you think you are right, you can justify anything.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       07-14-2016, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
well, here in DFW, the black police chief seems to have a better handle on things than any politician

but yes....GWB gave a much better, more appropriate speech

Obumma needs to condemn the blm movement.
Why does he need to condemn it? AKA: what is the problem with it? Isn't it okay to be both for BLM, ALM, and the Police at once? I haven't seen any of those movements project any hate.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-14-2016, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
BLM and the Cops both have room for improvement. Anyone not actively working to turn down the situation and foster understanding is on the side of wrong.

The sad part is both sides see themselves as right. I personally believe self-righteousness is at the core of the worst kind of evil in the world. When you think you are right, you can justify anything.
And exactly why Bush's speech was so much better than Obama's.

Quote:
"At times, it seems like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together," "Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization. Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions."
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You clearly don't understand what the term profiling means. You drove carelessly and dersevred it is much different than driving normally and being black. Jesus Christ.
Or being white.... you got it! I didn't blame my pullovers on the cops profiling young white men. How do we know how this dude drove? My point is that to instantly jump to the conclusion that he was being profiled is a typical BLM tactic just like hands up don't shoot.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-14-2016, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You're high as a kite.

The offender in Louisiana was a violent repeat offender who attempted to kill an officer in the same exact situation in 2009. Identical to the t except he wasn't killed he was charged instead. You're really going to sit here and tell all of us a guy who chose to be an armed violent criminal who tried to fight and possibly kill a police officer would be alive if he was white????? He'd be just as dead if he was white

Feel free to read all the Facts pertaining to Minnesota as well. Guy was stopped because he matched the bolo of an armed robbery suspect. He was told numerous times"all on recorded Audio" to take is hand off the gun , another thug who chose not to listen to the police.

Michael brown. Oh yea tried to murder the cop once evidence all came out, all those hands up narratives we proven false. Freddie grey, oh yea another guy who fought with police , court records show he died due to his own actions, Henry Gates oh yea another situation Obama ate his words once the facts came out, turns out Old Henry was the instigator not the police.

Can u name more than 2 BLM poster boys that weren't armed or violent criminals ? This hoodie Obama speaks of, didn't that one blow up in his face too. Turns out ok trevon was the aggressor. See the common theme here? The fact that blacks are stopped more frequently than whites is because 3-4 times as many police resources are assigned to these violent areas. Simple as that. A higher concentration of violent crime and a higher concentration of police in an assigned area leads to higher numbers. It's funny. You don't ever hear the 100's of working class people stuck in these violent neighborhoods complaining about police. You hear a bunch of jobless bust outs , career criminal's family members , and politicians on capital hill doing all the complaining. Ask any single hard working family trying to get by In these war zones their view of the police. America would be shocked to hear their side
How many times has Zimmerman been arrested since the Trevon Martin shooting? How many? You sit there and out of one side of your mouth you say that officer's took the appropriate action against a repeat offender. And then out of the other side of your mouth, you take up for a repeat offender.

If the Minnesota guy was stopped because of a "BOLO", then why was the broken taillight stop given as a reason for the stop?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-14-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are u F'n kidding me. This entire farce of BLM is his final nail in the coffin or America. He's a domestic terrorist end of story. He's done more to set back race relations than any of the previous sitting presidents combined. He's taken this country into a downward spiral.

Please post your stats to back up your statements that whites kill whites the same rate blacks kill blacks. You're completely in never never land. It will be happy to supply you the crime stats that prove you are completely wrong.

Here's something to ponder.
Chicago.
Over 2050 shootings this year alone.

Over 350 homicides.

Percentage shooting was black on black. Over 90.

Guess how many the police have shot and killed. A whopping 4. 1 being a suicide by cop scenario. But those darn cops are out of control. Riiiiiigght?
Don't take my word for it, tough guy, visit the FBI's statistics on it. In 2012, there were 3,128 white murders. 2,614 of those murders were committed by other whites. 2,614/3,128 = 84%. Same year, there were 2,648 black murders. 2,412 were committed by other blacks. 91%. In 2014, the numbers on white on white murder was 82%. Black on black was 89%.

Now who is the one in "never never land"?
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
In 2012, there were 3,128 white murders. 2,614 of those murders were committed by other whites. 2,614/3,128 = 84%. Same year, there were 2,648 black murders. 2,412 were committed by other blacks. 91%.
The problem is that blacks represented roughly 12 or 13% of the population but committed almost the same number of murders as the white population which constituted approximately 77%. Adjust the numbers and it's pretty shocking.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
2012 was like so 4 years ago.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2016, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
The problem is that blacks represented roughly 12 or 13% of the population but committed almost the same number of murders as the white population which constituted approximately 77%. Adjust the numbers and it's pretty shocking.
There is someone who can think for themselves , take all the statistics in to account and make the correct inference of all the data. Not the tidbits they cherry pick that are completely meaningless. Totals represent one portion and when actually analyzed correctly tell the entire truth.

Do you even understand the data you are spouting off and what those percentages actually mean?
Can you also show me where I ever defended or took the side of Zimmerman please. I simply stated the hoodie statement used over and over again by Obama is completely made up . Zimmerman wasn't even a police officer nor was he white yet the guy in the White House seems to want to keep relating to it.

Feel free to come off the island and join innercity America . Be happy to take you through a tour of reality. It ain't pretty or politically correct.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-14-2016 at 8:36 AM.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
There is someone who can think for themselves , take all the statistics in to account and make the correct inference of all the data. Not the tidbits they cherry pick that are completely meaningless. Totals represent one portion.

Do you even understand the data you are spouting off and what those percentages actually mean?
Can you also show me where I ever defended or took the side of Zimmerman please. I simply stated the hoodie statement used over and over again by Obama is completely made up . Zimmerman wasn't even a police officer nor was he white yet the guy in the White House seems to want to keep relating to it.

Feel free to come off the island and join innercity America . Be happy to take you through a tour of reality here in the Midwest.
Lol, slow down John Wayne...I'm on your side...

My point was if you adjust the numbers of murders by blacks per the quote it would be like 14,286 if they represented 77% of the population.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
Was giving you props Vanilla for actually making that correlation, more and more people these days can't seem to connect those dots or choose to ignore that aspect.

The second portion addresses my guy Wake77's questions.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-14-2016 at 8:45 AM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2016, 8:47 AM Reply   
Unless you've been "profiled" before, you should probably stop speculating and/or talking about it. Shortly after I built my first mini-truck, I was stopped 10 times in 3 months because it looked similar to another guy that deserved to be stopped (later was arrested for dealing drugs). I got stopped for turn signals not working, speeding, brake lights out and swerving (DUI) and never got a single ticket. Why? Because I wasn't doing any of those things, they thought I was someone else.

The 10th time was the final time because they pulled me over in front of my own house at 1am coming home from delivering pizza's and used the loud speaker to tell me to put my hands out the window and they woke my mom up. My mom, who had cancer at the time and a bald head, came out to "witness" the stop and called the police on the police and we wound up with 4 cop cars in front of our house. This time it was for brake lights again and I did a full "safety inspection" and huh, nothing wrong with the truck at all and why in the heck would a brake light out warrant hands out the window anyways? The only reason I mentioned the bald head is because I got my redemption when all of them admitted to my sick mom that they thought I was someone else and they would stop pulling me over. I think they only reason that happened is because she was sick.

When I hear someone getting pulled over 50 times and very, very few citations written, I believe that they are being harassed.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Was giving you props Vanilla for actually making that correlation, more and more people these days can't seem to connect those dots or choose to ignore that aspect.

The second portion addresses my guy Wake77's questions.
Gotcha! And I agree, Obama seems to have zero filter. Anything is fair game to push his agenda.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Or being white.... you got it! I didn't blame my pullovers on the cops profiling young white men. How do we know how this dude drove? My point is that to instantly jump to the conclusion that he was being profiled is a typical BLM tactic just like hands up don't shoot.
What are you talking about? You said earlier you were pulled over cause you were driving recklessly. That isn't profiling young white men. That's pulling over somebody driving a jackass. Profiling is pulling somebody over 52 times, if he was recklessly driving 52 times I highly doubt he would still have a license. You ever heard of the point system? I think if they were giving you tickets then they would have given this guy tickets eh? So no. You were not being profiled. You were just a bad driver.

It is hilarious to me and a lot of others looking at white people acting like it is impossible for racial profiling to happen in this day and age like it wasn't just half a generation ago a black person couldn't piss next to a white person, you think those feelings are just gonna be wiped away that quick? No. You really need to study up on the definition of profiling before you go out and say you get the same treatment.

You're a gun rider, why aren't you crying for this man's rights to carry a gun and getting shot for it? Most likely due to race. It is alive and well today!
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
What are you talking about? You said earlier you were pulled over cause you were driving recklessly. That isn't profiling young white men. That's pulling over somebody driving a jackass. Profiling is pulling somebody over 52 times, if he was recklessly driving 52 times I highly doubt he would still have a license. You ever heard of the point system? I think if they were giving you tickets then they would have given this guy tickets eh? So no. You were not being profiled. You were just a bad driver.

It is hilarious to me and a lot of others looking at white people acting like it is impossible for racial profiling to happen in this day and age like it wasn't just half a generation ago a black person couldn't piss next to a white person, you think those feelings are just gonna be wiped away that quick? No. You really need to study up on the definition of profiling before you go out and say you get the same treatment.

You're a gun rider, why aren't you crying for this man's rights to carry a gun and getting shot for it? Most likely due to race. It is alive and well today!
Ugghh, you obviously missed my point so I'll quit trying.

I have pissed next to a black man in the last 12.5 years (half a generation). Maybe you should change that to half a century or so... I would wager the majority of the people on this forum and most BLM people weren't even born yet.

Yes. I am an ardent supporter of 2nd amendment rights. I will vouch for this guy AFTER all the facts are out if he legally carried and proposed no threat to the officer. Until I have the facts, I will reserve judgement.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 07-14-2016 at 9:15 AM.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 9:22 AM Reply   
About carrying concealed.... It is beat into your brain during class to get your CCP (concealed carry permit) that if you are stopped when carrying you must immediately present your CCP to the officer and let them know you are carrying and where the weapon is. Comply with the officers commands and requests.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ugghh, you obviously missed my point so I'll quit trying.

I have pissed next to a black man in the last 12.5 years (half a generation). Maybe you should change that to half a century or so... I would wager the majority of the people on this forum and most BLM people weren't even born yet.

Yes. I am an ardent supporter of 2nd amendment rights. I will vouch for this guy AFTER all the facts are out if he legally carried and proposed no threat to the officer. Until I have the facts, I will reserve judgement.
I will take the correction in stride. Century was what I was looking for.

But how do you think those tensions change in just over 50 years? Anybody saying race isn't play a part in this is incredibly ignorant to our nations past. This country has very, very deep roots in racism, and those roots don't go away just cause you cut down the tree.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
About carrying concealed.... It is beat into your brain during class to get your CCP (concealed carry permit) that if you are stopped when carrying you must immediately present your CCP to the officer and let them know you are carrying and where the weapon is. Comply with the officers commands and requests.
Until all the facts are out, that is supposedly what he did. Now, if every person in America wasn't armed do you think police would be so jumpy? No. They would probably be a little more at ease knowing not everybody had a gun on them. But the only way to solve that issue is with more guns, right?
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Until all the facts are out, that is supposedly what he did. Now, if every person in America wasn't armed do you think police would be so jumpy? No. They would probably be a little more at ease knowing not everybody had a gun on them. But the only way to solve that issue is with more guns, right?
Now that IS funny. I have close friends that are police officers. They like people to carry and have even scolded me for being lazy and not carrying since I am permitted. Try interviewing a few of the police officers in your area if concealed carry is legal where you live. You might have a change of heart on that statement too.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2016, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not in my class it wasn't, it was actually opposite and my instructor was an active duty police officer and SWAT member. He said that he approaches every vehicle as if there is a gun in there anyways and if it's a minor traffic stop, he doesn't need to know. He claimed that when he runs your license, it will come back that you are a CCW holder and if the stop is more than minor, he would then ask you about it and give you commands on how he wants you to surrender the weapon for inspection. Different cops/states ask for different things I guess.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Now that IS funny. I have close friends that are police officers. They like people to carry and have even scolded me for being lazy and not carrying since I am permitted. Try interviewing a few of the police officers in your area if concealed carry is legal where you live. You might have a change of heart on that statement too.
Everybody has a close friend on an online discussion board. Even if they like you to carry, because to my understanding most police officers are 2nd amendment supporters, it doesn't clear the fact that it would make a police officer more jumpy knowing the person is armed.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
To give an example. I was telling my friend who is an officer about a time I was pulled over by a highway patrol officer. My gun was in my glove box along with my proof of insurance. I gave the officer my DL and my CCP but explained that my proof of insurance was in my glove box right under my loaded Glock. The Highway Patrol officer instructed me to just get my insurance card. I did and problem solved. I didn't just jump and reach for a piece of paper that was right under my gun.

What my friend said was that when officers see the CCP it immediately tells them I'm not a felon or mentally disabled even before they run my DL. In other words it vets you with the officer and they relax, not the opposite.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2016, 9:57 AM Reply   
In the example you cited, yes, you would probably want to give that info to the officer and ask for instructions on how to proceed. I purposely never put my carry in the same compartment that my DL/Registration/Insurance is in, that's just common sense.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
Justin

Quote:

great post
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-14-2016, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
In the example you cited, yes, you would probably want to give that info to the officer and ask for instructions on how to proceed. I purposely never put my carry in the same compartment that my DL/Registration/Insurance is in, that's just common sense.
Yes it is and very awkward if you do.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2016, 10:20 AM Reply   
"how he wants you to surrender the weapon for inspection"

I thought it was against your right to have to surrender your gun? Unless its a crime investigation of course.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2016, 10:25 AM Reply   
Question: If cops are "Racial Profiling" why are they doing it?

This is my Answer, Because it works! now I know that's NOT a PC answer or statement but, lets face if If this Tactic of randomly puling people over because they fit a certain profile or look didn't yield results why would they keep doing it. And before you get your Knickers in a Knot 'Driving While Black" is NOT a excuse to be pulled over. IMO most of the time if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Here in the SF bay. Take a Drive threw certain parts of Oakland at 2 Am on a week night What kind of people do you think are out at that time?
TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT.

Cops Profile people all the time, What or Who do you think the CHP is looking for at 1:30 am if you answered drunk drivers your right WHY because it works, bars let out and the % of people driving drunk it very high.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-14-2016, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
IMO most of the time if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
You mean if it looks black, it probably is?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Question: If cops are "Racial Profiling" why are they doing it?

This is my Answer, Because it works! now I know that's NOT a PC answer or statement but, lets face if If this Tactic of randomly puling people over because they fit a certain profile or look didn't yield results why would they keep doing it. And before you get your Knickers in a Knot 'Driving While Black" is NOT a excuse to be pulled over. IMO most of the time if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Here in the SF bay. Take a Drive threw certain parts of Oakland at 2 Am on a week night What kind of people do you think are out at that time?
TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT.

Cops Profile people all the time, What or Who do you think the CHP is looking for at 1:30 am if you answered drunk drivers your right WHY because it works, bars let out and the % of people driving drunk it very high.
lol. At least you're calling it what it is. Gorilla keeps saying there is no racial profiling to be had.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2016, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hey WakeTroll is it your goal to antagonize in Every thread? Waketoll you must have missed this part of my post above. So I will re post it "Driving while Black is not a excuse to be pulled over"

But I know that Dosent fit with your adgenda to "Race Bait". And a troll is gonna do what trolls do.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2016, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
"how he wants you to surrender the weapon for inspection"

I thought it was against your right to have to surrender your gun? Unless its a crime investigation of course.
If you are pulled over for a DUI and you are carrying a concealed weapon, you are breaking the law in many fashions. How would you describe the part where the gun needs to be removed from your body so you can be arrested? I couldn't think of a different term to use in that scenario.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hey WakeTroll is it your goal to antagonize in Every thread? Waketoll you must have missed this part of my post above. So I will re post it "Driving while Black is not a excuse to be pulled over"

But I know that Dosent fit with your adgenda to "Race Bait". And a troll is gonna do what trolls do.
You realize I was agreeing with you right?
Old    deltahoosier            07-14-2016, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not in my class it wasn't, it was actually opposite and my instructor was an active duty police officer and SWAT member. He said that he approaches every vehicle as if there is a gun in there anyways and if it's a minor traffic stop, he doesn't need to know. He claimed that when he runs your license, it will come back that you are a CCW holder and if the stop is more than minor, he would then ask you about it and give you commands on how he wants you to surrender the weapon for inspection. Different cops/states ask for different things I guess.
Not all organizations run your plates. For instance, CHP many times will not run your plates before contacting you.
Old    deltahoosier            07-14-2016, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Would not change a thing. That is a fairy tale. vast majority of the people who are out shooting people are carrying illegally anyway. Chicago and has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and how many shooting victims have there been this year and every year? Same with the state of California. How many shootings in the big cities? This is not even a discussion point. The guns are there.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2016, 11:34 AM Reply   
(TheWakeIsReal) I got ya,
WakeTroll = Wake77 he IMO is the resident WakeWorld Troll.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Would not change a thing. That is a fairy tale. vast majority of the people who are out shooting people are carrying illegally anyway. Chicago and has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and how many shooting victims have there been this year and every year? Same with the state of California. How many shootings in the big cities? This is not even a discussion point. The guns are there.
Of course the guns are there. For a law on guns to be remotely effective it needs to be nationwide. Not stateside and it would take years to see the effects with the amount of guns circulation the nation. Btw you can put some of if not most of California's strict gun laws on the GOP not the dems.
Old    deltahoosier            07-14-2016, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks for reading the numbers. I know it was a long read. Also, I am glad you are back participating in the discussions (even though you are wrong most of the time).

The numbers do not show that for the guy in Louisiana at all. What it shows if you are someone fighting with cops and have a gun, you are most likely going to get shot.

Minnesota issue is a odd one. Need to see more on that. One picture shows the guys gun on his lap. Why is the gun on his lap? That is absolutely illegal. He was also a armed robbery suspect. That makes the cop jumpy to start with which is human nature. Unfortunately if the driver is innocent, he would never even know that he is a half step from a lot of trouble. That is what you and I do not know. I would say if he was a armed robbery suspect, maybe he should have been pulled out at gun point and not simply do an ID check. who knows.

When I get pulled over every so often (which in my old little red turbo car was at least 6 times mostly for profiling because mostly kids had them and raced them), I roll down the windows and put my hands on the wheel until the officer has a good look at the inside of my vehicle. I certainly do not carry guns on my lap either.

What the stats show you is how violent the inner cities are. No debating that. Remember, the stats I presented were actual murder. They don't even include the shootings that do not result in death. I am sure those are 5 times the murder rate.

If you look at the stats, a cop is 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man than a black man is to be killed by a cop. A black cop is more likely to shoot a black man than a white cop out of that.

The stats absolutely do not lie. I have been saying this on this board for years. Blacks in the cities have been murdering each other for years by the thousands and no one cares.

Democrat policies help keep it that way. When welfare started, something like 80% of the black family had a man in the household. Now it is something like 15%. Why? because the way it was set up is welfare historically been based on the number of kids in the house and they could not have two parents living in the house to qualify.
Old    deltahoosier            07-14-2016, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Of course the guns are there. For a law on guns to be remotely effective it needs to be nationwide. Not stateside and it would take years to see the effects with the amount of guns circulation the nation. Btw you can put some of if not most of California's strict gun laws on the GOP not the dems.
You would never get rid of them. Vast majority of the violence is based on gangs. The cartels run guns into America all the time. Matter of fact without even looking it up, I would guess that over 60% of the gun violence is from gang activity.

The other big portion is suicide. As much as it is troubling and sucks, I don't care about that stat. People who want to commit suicide will do it anyway. Heck we have liberal states that have passed assisted suicide laws and that one girl got national attention for taking her life with a doctors note and a pill. It was heart breaking but I understand. So basically, suicide by gun is off the table in my book.

Outside of gangs and suicide, gun violence is extremely low. So what you are advocating for is for gangs and random home invasion robbers and rapists to know they have a free pass. Also, the little tid bit about they people needing to be able to fight off a corrupt government.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, the little tid bit about they people needing to be able to fight off a corrupt government.
This speech happened due to a person exercising their 2nd amendment to fight what they believe was a corrupt government. ALL HAIL THE 2ND AMENDMENT. So in fact you should be praising this guy if we are listening to your logic.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2016, 1:16 PM Reply   
So here is s question I pose.

If you have one class race in any given area responsible for 90 % of the most violent crimes Wouldn't you expect the encounters and demographics of stops by police on individuals to closely resembled that violent crime rate as a percentage of all their stops?
Wouldn't that indicate they are targeting the right individuals for those crimes? If crime as whole is being committed by one demographic and police stops are scewed towards another that would indicate prejudice and bias would it not? That would be the cause for concern. The fact police stops mirror crime rates in certain areas and do not mirror actual demographics means the police are doing their jobs stopping the right people does it not?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you are pulled over for a DUI and you are carrying a concealed weapon, you are breaking the law in many fashions. How would you describe the part where the gun needs to be removed from your body so you can be arrested? I couldn't think of a different term to use in that scenario.
Then that would constitute a criminal investigation and they would disarm you(and you would be breaking another law by having it). I thought you were saying they could just disarm you for a simple traffic stop which apparently I misread.
Old    deltahoosier            07-14-2016, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
This speech happened due to a person exercising their 2nd amendment to fight what they believe was a corrupt government. ALL HAIL THE 2ND AMENDMENT. So in fact you should be praising this guy if we are listening to your logic.
Not absolutely sure what this emotional plea is about,however I will assume it is the guy in Minnesota. Dang right "All hail the 2nd amendment". It is a great equalizer against absolute power and was essential in the formation of our country. In our lifetimes of the people on this board, other countries have abolished gun ownership and murders millions of their own populations and held them captive under the pretense that they did not have the right to defend themselves.

If the guy in Minnesota was doing the right things, I do think he was a hero for using his right to carry. No one says that bad things don't happen to good people. All you can do is tilt the board so that bad people are not always at the advantage against polite society. I will reserve judgement against this situation and I will not use it as a launching platform that cops are racists especially when all the numbers point to the other direction.

I know I may be morphing the topic as I often do, but we have now found out almost every so called case of police brutality and racism has been found to be false. Cities have been burned, cops murdered and so on based on lies. The president has shot his mouth off several times now against the cops without having one shred of detail on the shootings.

This is not by accident. This is more of Obama's destabilizing plan. Remember when he was getting elected he wanted a national police force as strong as the military? Well I remember it clear as day. His goal is to destabilize the country so he can usher in a nationalized police. BTW, Lorreta Lynch has signed off on a UN policing initiative with the cities and the UN. She did not wheel this out in our public but directly to the UN. Wonder what that is about?

Everything that is going on is the direct opposite of what the numbers say. Only thing I can conclude when that happens is that it is agenda driven not fact driven.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-14-2016, 1:31 PM Reply   
Delta, you severely missed the point. The cops got shot due to man using his 2nd amendment right to kill 5 cops, the corrupt government as he sees it. It had nothing to do with the Minnesota guy. It was the Dallas guy shooting cops and the lunacy of your point of needing guns to fight the government. This is what it looks like. You 2nd amendment guys got what you wanted.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not all organizations run your plates. For instance, CHP many times will not run your plates before contacting you.
License as in Driver's License, not license plates.