Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-28-2010, 10:28 PM Reply   
I have this board but I was wondering what people think about it. I just keep thinking that I could be getting better using something else. I tried to find some reviews of it but I had no luck. I have nothing to compare it with and I have only ridden behind my boat.

Boat that I’m using is a 2002 Tige 22i. If you are familiar with that boat it has a different seating configuration and I can put about 350-400 in side compartment and I put another 350-400 on the ground by the engine hatch, Taps is about 4-5. If someone is doing something that seems to be working better let me know.
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-29-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a liquid Force Custom?
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-03-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Is there anything close to the liquid force Custom with a single fin that people have ridden?

would this board be better if it had more fins?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-03-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
a pic might help.

I know a guy that rides a Liquid Force,and he does things only a top flight rider could do on it.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-07-2010, 12:14 AM Reply   
I love the 4'10" CUSTOM. I have the 4'2" as well but at 215 I need a bit of a wake to make it fun. It is cracked and sun faced but it is by far my favorite board. I have ridden a lot of boards over the years and nothing performs like the custom for me.

I did change out the fin for a shorter wakeskate fin to get the board to loosen up a little. What's up with these huge ass fins? I thought that is why we have edges on these boards. I like more of a skim skate feel which is why I wouldn't buy anything else yet. I did try the Byerly Hazard recently and it was very fun but a little heavy and didn't ride as high in the water.
Old     (Ski_Antique)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 10:45 AM Reply   
I just bought a 2012 LF custom single fin 4' 10" board. We will lake test it this weekend!
Old     (Ski_Antique)      Join Date: May 2013       05-10-2013, 11:20 PM Reply   
Update: We tried it out this weekend. I wouldn't recommend it for beginners because of its light weight.

Other than that, it's a fairly loose ride (I think), and with the right amount of touch and the right wave, it can be a lot of fun.
Old     (Kemikal)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-11-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
There's a lot of boards that would be better than the LF custom. Are you set on surf style?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-12-2013, 12:04 AM Reply   
That board is so freakin fragile
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-12-2013, 7:45 PM Reply   
I can tell you the LF Chase Hazen Sixer absolutely blows - It is the slowest board I have ever ridden even after trying to use all 6 fin permutations. Given it is one of their top boards I would not put faith into the custom.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
The Sixer is not a 'stand on and cruise kind of board". It is definitely a performance board meant to be ridden hard. For 90% of riders out there, it wont work.

Shred Stixx gets a bad rap too because be say they are slow. But again, they are high performance boards meant for a different style/level of riding. They arent cruisers.
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       05-13-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
I second what mitch said. If you think that board is slow you dont know how to ride it. the high perforance boards are not meant to be good a just one thing, going fast in a straight line.
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-13-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
The board sucks bottom line - to eaches own. $450 to the first taker - no dings, scratches, etc. only ridden one day. Send me a note if interested.