Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2015, 2:29 PM Reply   
My wife is having convertible withdrawals, we haven't had one for a few years now. I'd like to grab her an inexpensive play car, looking at 07-10 Z4's. We had a 2000 Z3 for a few years as a play car, and it was a great car, zero issues. No experience with the Z4 though. Seems the pricing is pretty cheap for a German roadster, and after having a few different MB CLK convertibles over the years I have no interest in anything with a useless "rear seat", so I want to go pure roadster again. Any experience?
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-26-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
We had a Z4 for about a year and half with no issues. Bought new, sold when the wife got preggers with twins. Fun little car for sure.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-26-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
Our neighbor across the street has a Z4 M Roadster. It’s a 2008 I think and still looks new. I’ve driven it a couple times and it is a fast, really fun car. My stepmom has had both a CLK & SLK over the years and I immediately liked the M Roadster better. It was much more engaging. Feels faster than an M4 of the same year and rotates a little easier under power. The engine sounds so good at full tilt with the top down. I’m not sure if those qualities matter to your wife but it’s a very nice car.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-15-2015, 2:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Found a clean 08 at a local dealer, they accepted what we felt was a fair offer and the wifey has her fun car again. Compared to the Z3 and the CLK's we've had, it's a really nice handling, balanced little roadster. It's just the base 3.0 motor, but sounds nice and the 6 speed manual keeps the motor in a nice torque sweet spot quite well. Amazing amount of room as well, I'm 6'4 290 and the little thing fits me pretty well. I know, it's a chick car ......but I'll admit I had a little grin on the test drive.