Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-29-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
What do you guys do to keep fit for summer

I Snowboard and Run

Just want to see what everyone else is doing to expand my sports plus stay fit
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-29-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
Tramps bro tramps
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-29-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
plyometric exercises such as p90x and anything free weight leg oriented (squats, lunges, etc...). I know you said other than the gym but can't stress enough how easy it is to avoid injury by just building supporting muscles. Some wakeboarders are big into yoga and other stretching regiments and is another thing I wouldn't over look.

Aside form that, maybe some indoor trampoline time?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
Pick yourself up a longboard (skateboard) or an indo/balance board. Both are great for balance training, mastering switch and keeping the legs in shape.

You can make yourself an indo board really easily for cheap. Pick up a blank skatedeck and a 3" PVC pipe from Home Depot.

The boys in the warehouse took one of our blanks and painted it up. Didn't turn out too bad for 2 cans of spraypaint and some tape.

You can also do a lot of strength exercises without stepping foot in a gym. Check out plyometrics.
Attached Images

Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-01-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
I've been doing P90X..... the Plyometrics is an amazing workout!! my legs are way stronger! I can't wait for nex spring to get out there and let it rip!! Yoga is a good one 2 for your flexability and supporting muscles!!

Geoff
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       12-01-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
I do the Insanity workout! Similar to P90X but no weights. I travel alot for work and I can do it in my hotel room. Works on all muscles, flexibility, stamina, and crazy thing was, i didn't go to a weigh room for months, and when I went back after doing the workout, I was lifting as much as when I was training for playing ball back in college and lifting for 6 months straight! Will keep you in shape for next spring for sure!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-02-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
x2 for insanity. its like p90x on steroids.
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-03-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Scott Stewart in Florida the guy that won the rider search is really an expert on conditioning and nutrition. Find him on facebook and he can teach you so much. PX 90 and tramps have worked well too. Keep confusing your body by changing your workout. So stoked to see others into this. Shows us that the boarders of the future will be greater than my generation. I am so stoked for you guys!

Tommy Phillips
www.gettommys.com
Since the begining of Wake!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-03-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
YO thanks dude... I was really Sketched out didnt know if i should put it up or not but all you dudes are rad because i think Fitness is top for all sports Props If any of you are Ever in Ontario Canada definitely hit me up we will ride!
Old     (cbkaboom)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-03-2010, 10:54 PM Reply   
try finding a local gymnastics gym and see if they have an open gym....most of the time they'll have tramps and its a pretty good facility to work on your awareness and balance.

Dave, where do you usually ride in Ontario???
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-04-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Snowboard, motorcross, bicycling... MX is actually awesome because it hits the pulling musles, too.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
High instensity low weight cardio laced lifting, ocasional winter wakeboarding and as much supermoto track riding as I can get in.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-04-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
C Byrant I Inboxed you
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-05-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Run, Gymnastics, Dance
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-05-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
Mountain snowmobiling. It wears you out just as much as MX, if not more.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
I just found this, www.wake2wakefitness.com