Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
Currently looking at a 1997 MC ProStar 205 comes with ballast, tower and racks, perfect pass and LT1 Corvette engine for 25K canadian. this is pretty much my limit price wise. this is also a private sale. looking for something decent and cheap to get me in the water for an ontario summer for wakeboarding and wakesurfing, gotta be an inboard. any input will help, thanks
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-26-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Parents have a 98, same engine. Personally I still feel it is one of the best boats all around. As long as you're cool with an inboard, you should jump at it. You will not be disappointed. That engine will put a smile on your face every time you get in the boat.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Ya I'm pretty pumped about havin a vette engine, that earns some braggin rights with the friends I think. Definately good with an inboard, thats what I'm lookin for, a true wake boat. I've been ridin for quite a few years, got my first taste of wakesurfin behind a moomba XLV gravity games edition last summmer and I was hooked. Has it bein a reliable engine for your parents? Buying anything used scares the crap out of me. I would rather get a used MC than anything else out there though, their quality I have been told is unmatched.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-26-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
I had the LT-1 in my old boat. A '96 MC Maristar. Good boat, GREAT engine. Fairly easy on fuel and a ton of power. Sold it after two years ago for the same price I paid. Sounds like a good set up as long as it's been maintained...
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
from what I understand it is a fuel injected engine. Sounds like a nice ride, anyone have any idea if it pumps out a surfable wake?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-04-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
awesome to surf behind :-)
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-07-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
sick...I'm ready for the snow to melt so I can go test drive this bad boy and get out on the wawa. snowboard season has been pretty rough and short up here in Ontario this year.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-07-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
I had a 96 with the LT1-sweet! you will love it
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-07-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
Your home lake is Georgian Bay? That's a little large to define. Where do you ride?

Oh yeah, get the Prostar. You won't be disappointed.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-08-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Around the Honey Harbour area. Havent been out much the past two seasons as I'm lacking a boat to ride behind, which is why im lookin to drop some cash on my own. past while ive been riding behind my buddies boat in haliburton. I live in barrie so i was thinking of putting the boat in lake simcoe as opposed to driving back and forth to penetanguishene. cant seem to find dockage though. you from the area?
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-08-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Uhh, yeah! Check the profile. Wasaga Beach. Your best bet to ride in the area is either Simcoe or Wasaga Beach. Penetang (rode there for a year) - too many yaughts screwing up the water. I rode out of Hindson marine. I wouldn't recommend it.

Haliburton? I've got a cottage right in town! Let me know if you ever want to ride. We've got a good little scene in Wasaga.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-09-2007, 5:42 AM Reply   
Hindson Marine, im actually originally from Penetanguishene, born and raised. I actually used to work there, Hindson that is. So I'm guessing you would know Justin and Kelly Hindson?? I agree, alot of yachts messin up the water there, but if you pick your times your good, weekday nights can be pretty good. Wasaga beach would be a phenomenal place to ride though. Ya I guess I could have checked your profile, I'm new to this though, rookie mistakes
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-09-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
my buddies cottage I actually go to is in bancroft, or outside of, on a private lake called monk lake. It's unbelievable there, no boats, and the water is always glass even on a windy day
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-09-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
Ahhh, you're doing just fine. Not to worry. You're right - during the week was great. Just by the time I would get home from work and... You get the idea.

Hopefully you can pick up the 205. One of the most proven wakes in the business. You won't be disappointed. I ride behind a '99 Xstar all the time - same hull. In my opinion, the best wake ever put down. The more weight you add, the bigger it gets, and stays clean. I've rode one with over 4000 lbs in it, and it was perfect. Good luck! Drop me a line anytime you wanna ride.

Btw - I work in Barrie. We could hook up after work???
Old     (slfxm)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-09-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
From everything I've heard, those are nice boats. I'm looking to get something soon myself. Anybody have any experience with the reliability of older boats like this? Are there a lot of maintenance issues?

I've been debating between a DD and V-Drive as well. The price is nice for the DD but everyone seems to prefer the V-drives.
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
my friend owns the exact same boat and the wake behind it is clean and pretty big if you had about 1000 extra
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-12-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Sounds good mike, If I pull the trigger on that boat I would love to take ya out,I'm usually back in Barrie around 5:15, which gives a few solid hours before dark. I am kind of leaning towards putting off purchasing this year so I can pay down some of those pesky student debts and be able to afford a v-drive next year. I have a month to decide so we will see.