Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       01-10-2015, 4:03 PM Reply   
So after finally realizing that the wake on our 2004 Ski Supreme Sky Supreme V230 sucks we have decided to find a 23 ft wakeboard boat with a better wake. Our max budget is 37,500 and it has to be newer then 2004. We board 50% of the time and surf 50% of the time. Plus we use the boat up in Tahoe.

2004 or newer Malibu Wake Setter LSV

2004 or newer Mastercraft X30

2004 or newer Moomba XLV with 3 bag Bertha ballast System

2004 or newer Air Nautique 226 team edition

Last edited by Bret; 01-10-2015 at 4:06 PM.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-10-2015, 4:22 PM Reply   
The lsv drives like a pig but has a real fun wake. Pretty wide compared to my v210 but gas hella pop
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-10-2015, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
The lsv drives like a pig
Wait....... What?!?!

23LSV is certainly one of the least piggish driving 23'ers of all time. Maybe feels like a pig compared to a DD or a 20' vdrive. However, compared to other 23ers, it is extremely nimble.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-10-2015, 4:58 PM Reply   
I'm kind of in the same boat and have been looking at the same boats. The most common boat is the LSV. XLV's are few and far between. There is one for sale currently on OIB. The Nauti has the chopped up interior like the SV211 which personally I don't care for. They are also the most expensive of what you listed. The X30 is a nice boat but with lack of tracking fins probably handles the worst of the bunch. You are also talking 2 completely different X-30's in those year ranges. Complete hull change in 06. You won't touch a newer hull 06+ for your budget. We currently have a Maristar 225 which is the same hull as the X-30 to 2005. It has a nice large clean wakeboard wake. More rampy and fat versus steep and peaky. We got the boat late in the year and didn't have a ton of time with it but wasn't impressed with the surfing. Maybe someone can speak better of the surf wave but I wouldn't own one if I was surfing 50%. I'm told the 06+ hull surfs better, but like I said your aren't touching one for 37.5K.

Really for the budget you listed on those boats your talking mostly 04-05 model boats. Maybe a bit newer on the Moomba, but it really is a different class level boat than the other 3. In 04 Moomba really was a "budget" boat and thats gonna show against the other 3.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2015, 8:17 PM Reply   
I think you'd find a Sanger V237 for that price that's much newer and gives a great Surf wake and a really good boarding wake. With a quick search here is one on BoatTrader.
Of the ones you've listed, I would prefer the Malibu LSV
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2015, 3:36 AM Reply   
http://www.winboatsweb.com/winboats/...ter-23LSV.html

Nice 05 LSV low hrs. Found at a dealer
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2015, 6:27 AM Reply   
Too bad you missed out on that semi-local lsv with the 8.1 when you asked this same question last month. You are unique in that you want a Tahoe capable boat. I wouldn't want anything less than the hammerhead in the LSV and preferably the 8.1. They are out there but rare.
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       01-11-2015, 11:50 PM Reply   
I only want a Tahoe capable boat because my family has a place in Carnelian Bay where we have a buoy in the home owners association if we didn't have a house in Carnelian Bay I would probably be getting a 2003 Super Air Nautique Team Edition. Also I think we have narrowed it down to either a 2004-2005 Malibu Wakesetter LSV or a 2003-2005 Mastercraft x30
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-12-2015, 5:50 AM Reply   
The big difference between the 04 and 05 LSVs is that in 05 they went to under the floor ballast tanks in the rear lockers. The under the floor tanks are generally more desirable, but those early under-floor tanked boats did not come with access panels to get at the ballast pumps, so when (not if) a pump fails you need to pull up the whole floor. Many people who go through that exercise end up cutting in their own access panels.