Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Looking at an 08 F250, has a lift...would anyone with some knowledge care to take a look at some pics via email to give me their thoughts as to the quality of the lift job?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
I'll try to post pics....
Upload
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Pro Comp, not the best stuff out there for sure. Not on par with the better lifts such as Donahoe, or Rize.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
Meathead.... We need to know what your intentions are w/ your truck!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Freeway Flyer.....I am going back to Ford from Dodge because I truly hate my Dodge interior..the back seat is a joke.

I have no need for a lifted truck, but this deal seems to good to walk on. 08 250 Lariat, 8K miles, mint condition.

In your opinion, how much will this lift affect the total max towing capacity on this truck, if any?
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Meathead ProComp is one of the largest names in Lifted trucks. They are even considered to be the best by a large part of the market. They use thicker sidewall tubing, heavier gauge flatstock, full length welds and so on. The question is what it installed professionally with the right grade bolts and nuts. They are also one of the fiew lifts that manufactures dont void warranty when installed. Check out the reviews on different truck forums and I think you will be happy with the brand on the highway, trail, or where ever you take it.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-06-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
I have to agree with chris--there are lots of pro comp lifts on the road--no worries as long as it was installed correctly--i think you will be happy with it
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
Find one that has a leveling kit. Lifts are good for breaking and squeaking.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2009, 10:38 PM Reply   
i agree that pro-comp isn't the best left out there especially when talking about chevy's but they make a really nice kit for the fords (well though out) if done it's been done the right way i see no problems with it and if it starts squeaking either grease up those bushings or replace them and you shouldn't have any problems well other than the fact that it's not a chevy lol jk dude!
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
I don't know many people that consider pro comp to be the best, and I know a lot of people with lifted trucks. There are a lot of Pro Comp lifts on the road, because the cost less than a lot of other lifts. IMO, if you want the best, get a Donahoe, especially on a Super Duty.

Meathead, if you are just using the truck to tow the boat, and such, you'll be fine. Let's face it, you're probably not going to wheel an 08 lariat, so the lift is comsmetic, and you'll be fine.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Lifted wouldn't be my first choice, but the deal was too good to pass up, so I grabbed it last night.

Nice ride, I'm impressed by this truck. Way nicer than my 99-05 SuperDuties from the past. Upload
Old    alanp            02-07-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
nice looking truck!
Old    stillstandin            02-07-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Very nice looking.
Old    mendo247            02-07-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Nice truck dude!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
Thanks guys....what do you all think the upgrades on this truck originally cost...lift w/ remote reservoir shocks, Moto Metal 20's with 37" Kuhmo's, DVD system with 2 headrest monitors, and Amp Research powered running boards.

Trying to get an idea for replacement cost for my insurance agent. I have zero knowledge of the 4x4 aftermarket world....someone told me the running boards were about 1100 bones...true?
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-07-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
nice truck, whoever told you amp steps are around 1k is right those things are pricey. but i have a buddy that just picked one up with a rize lift and 20" rbp wheels for 30k. i guess the 08 models are growing on me im loving my 02 thats sittin on 38s.