Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-10-2020, 4:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The only thing California is conquering is its demise. California isn’t conquering anything but it’s own people. Much like every other democratic cesspool.
... and once again, you miss my point. The wealthy and highly educated folks who get fed up with California and move away (taking their high incomes with them) end up seeking California-style amenities in their new "low tax" "business friendly" states. Cities like mine depend on those California expats to fuel their growth. I've seen it first hand.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-10-2020, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
How do you know?
I'll give you a pass on this one because you live in CA and maybe never see one. But I live in Florida and when you see someone displaying the confederate flag they are almost always displaying their political views as well. I am simply noting the incongruity of your claims that republicans are the party of Lincoln as if that is significant in today's world. I doubt that the party of Lincoln was flying the confederate flag. I shouldn't have to spell that out as I'm pretty sure everyone but you understands it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-10-2020, 5:38 AM Reply   
Fly is correct. I live in KS. When trucks roll by with the Conf. Flag its almost always accompanied by a Trump flag. They are like the antifa of the republican party only tougher, but certainly dumber.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2020, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I'll give you a pass on this one because you live in CA and maybe never see one. But I live in Florida and when you see someone displaying the confederate flag they are almost always displaying their political views as well. I am simply noting the incongruity of your claims that republicans are the party of Lincoln as if that is significant in today's world. I doubt that the party of Lincoln was flying the confederate flag. I shouldn't have to spell that out as I'm pretty sure everyone but you understands it.
You see it a lot in TX (not really the south, but I will brush over that). I had a neighbor that had an American flag that bled into a confederate flag flying in front of their house. It was such an awkward thing that anyone that came over, I preferred to point it out before they assumed that I was okay with it. I'd say, "They aren't racist, just misguided. They have some false nostalgic attitudes about the south and were educated that the civil war was about state's rights and that the soldiers of the south were fighting a good cause. I have never seen them or heard them express any racist views." Well, a year or so went by and the flag became tattered so they replaced it---with a Trump 2020 flag.

I lived on a river with great riding conditions, but I kinda knew what I was getting into there. My old neighborhood was full of successful working class--One owned a trucking company, one owned a weld shop, etc--not doctors and lawyers. Successful people, but not necessarily educated people. I just moved to a new neighborhood. A much nicer neighborhood. Leading up to the election, there were several signs some for Biden some for Trump (only trump flags, but he is a master of marketing/merchandising). My neighbor, had, and still has, a Trump 2020 flag out front. The other night I passed by his house and I could see that he has a framed confederate battle flag in his study.

You might see a Trump flag without a confederate flag, but if you see a confederate flag, they almost certainly have a Trump flag.

Even if you can shoe-string together an argument that Republicans are the party of Lincoln. You cannot say that the party of Trump is.

Last edited by skiboarder; 12-10-2020 at 5:44 AM.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-10-2020, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. I don’t even know where to begin after that complete fallacy of a paragraph you just wrote. Your words couldn’t be further from the actual truth. Did you quote those from some leftist media source ? Michelle Obama didn’t grow up in the ghetto. Quite the opposite. She grew up just south of the University of Chicago, in Chicago’s south shore neighborhood , (Woodlawn to be exact) which at the time was still mixed with whites trickled over from Hyde Park, a predominantly white upper middle class area at that time . While Woodlawn present day is a complete ****hole. Hyde Park is still a wealthy , affluent very gentrified area. About the only fact you have right is her parents believe in bettering their children. Contrary again to you claim Michelle didn’t see white students until Princeton......the actual fact is she DID NOTattend all black schools growing up. Quite the opposite. She attended one of the most prestigious city high schools which at the time was filled with an overwhelmingly white student population. Your next claim of her brother doing same ........again quite the opposite. He attended a private catholic high school, Mt. Carmel to be exact , another predominately white High School ( also regarded tops in its education ) where he was a stand out basketball star. You’re so far from reality and the truth it’s not even funny. Trying to pull the race card like a good liberal to justify it all eh? The fact you can’t even get the neighborhood demographics or the low level educational background correct speaks volumes of you tainted views.

Next time ......if you’re going to try and claim something, you should at least get some of big points you claim fact checked and do some research of your own. About the only job she earned her entire career was the low level position at the Sidley Austin law firm. After that it was a plethora of given/appointed no show jobs she had no qualifications or educational background on through the University of Chicago political pipeline So spare me the bull**** hard work story and how she did it herself.

Attachment 46100
NOPE! I never said she grew up In the Ghetto, but she was born there, her parents knew she needed an education and moved Out of the Ghetto before she started grade school. Her parents did Not own a home in Woodlawn, at least you agree that she got support from her parents, that was my main point. She did go to the best High School in Chicago, in 1975 the High School she attended was 25% white, Not quite Princeton is It? Did you know that Michelle rode a bus to get to that school for 1 1/2 hours and another 1 1/2 hours to get home? That's dedication! Do you have Any idea why all the whites(white flight) left Woodlawn. Her grade school pic looks pretty All Black to me! I don't know anything about her brother.
Attached Images

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
NOPE! I never said she grew up In the Ghetto, but she was born there, her parents knew she needed an education and moved Out of the Ghetto before she started grade school. Her parents did Not own a home in Woodlawn, at least you agree that she got support from her parents, that was my main point. She did go to the best High School in Chicago, in 1975 the High School she attended was 25% white, Not quite Princeton is It? Did you know that Michelle rode a bus to get to that school for 1 1/2 hours and another 1 1/2 hours to get home? That's dedication! Do you have Any idea why all the whites(white flight) left Woodlawn. Her grade school pic looks pretty All Black to me! I don't know anything about her brother.
You don't even know how racist you sound. Arguing because she went to a mostly black school you kind of originally inferred that she grew up in a ghetto and now you are inferring that because it was only 25% white that she had some sort of educational handicap? Let's explore why you believe that? Go team racist!!!!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-10-2020, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice revisionist history bud: Is that why you elected a KKK grand wizard until 2010? You are a simpletons simpleton aren't you there, Simple Ed? Why is it you democrats only see the world based on race?
You cannot even answer One simple question, who do you think integrated the armed forces and in what year? It wasn't a republican!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
You see it a lot in TX (not really the south, but I will brush over that). I had a neighbor that had an American flag that bled into a confederate flag flying in front of their house. It was such an awkward thing that anyone that came over, I preferred to point it out before they assumed that I was okay with it. I'd say, "They aren't racist, just misguided. They have some false nostalgic attitudes about the south and were educated that the civil war was about state's rights and that the soldiers of the south were fighting a good cause. I have never seen them or heard them express any racist views." Well, a year or so went by and the flag became tattered so they replaced it---with a Trump 2020 flag.

I lived on a river with great riding conditions, but I kinda knew what I was getting into there. My old neighborhood was full of successful working class--One owned a trucking company, one owned a weld shop, etc--not doctors and lawyers. Successful people, but not necessarily educated people. I just moved to a new neighborhood. A much nicer neighborhood. Leading up to the election, there were several signs some for Biden some for Trump (only trump flags, but he is a master of marketing/merchandising). My neighbor, had, and still has, a Trump 2020 flag out front. The other night I passed by his house and I could see that he has a framed confederate battle flag in his study.

You might see a Trump flag without a confederate flag, but if you see a confederate flag, they almost certainly have a Trump flag.

Even if you can shoe-string together an argument that Republicans are the party of Lincoln. You cannot say that the party of Trump is.
You literally just explained that the guy believed the civil war was about states rights and never heard him say a racist thing then at the very end you imply that because he has that flag he is now a racists. Talk about shoe stringing......
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
You cannot even answer One simple question, who do you think integrated the armed forces and in what year? It wasn't a republican!
So what. I just literally destroyed you with the actual voting record of the parties and at least two different sources of information on how the parties did not switch. I also asked you why your party elected a kkk grand wizard up until 2010. Bill Clinton literally defended his involvement in the kkk 4 years ago.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Pardons, Aisle 5.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12...exas-election/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
And.... Do you know what is in there heart? Do you know what they say or think? The party of Lincoln did not like what was coming out of Washington. Lincoln actually ask Robert E Lee to lead the union army. He commanded the army of Northern Virginia which also happens to be "the confederate flag". He chose to stay with his home state even though he did not want the union to break up. Pretty much anyone I have seen that flies the battle flag of Virginia are more of rebel minded people, kind of non conformists to centralized government rule.

You guys like to paint Republicans as racists. I beg to differ. I hold my self to wanting equal rights and not special rights. As far as racial stuff, the democrat party is the only one who uses race in every discussion and then currently has elected members of congress that literally says racists stuff against Jews all the time.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
... and once again, you miss my point. The wealthy and highly educated folks who get fed up with California and move away (taking their high incomes with them) end up seeking California-style amenities in their new "low tax" "business friendly" states. Cities like mine depend on those California expats to fuel their growth. I've seen it first hand.
So poor people don't move from California? Middle class does not move? It is reported that kali has lost over 100,000 people a year for the last 5 years.

I can imagine there is point where if you move to a dust bowl like Nevada, you are going to have some culture shock if you are from kali. I can imagine they want better services, however why are you a low tax state? you are trying to attract people. Frankly, there is pretty much zero attractive to the state if you are from a state with natural green landscape. Nothing like having water issues and desert heat. You have to attract people some way. There is going to be a point where you over stress the natural environment and you can not sustain. They will simply destroy what you did have, create a wealth gap, and leave you in shambles.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
This an example of how big a moron you are. Name one symbol I've mentioned that should be removed. You can't because you're an idiot that makes up lies when you have nothing to argue.
Turns out that a school district in the east just voted to remove Jefferson and Mason from their school names. This is not the first. Keep up your parties taliban purge. Why is it you democrats are always into taking away sane peoples things only to cater to the insane?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh it’s changed their culture alright. Turning their once thriving areas into cesspools of crime , violence and degenerates. Turned once prosperous areas of people working hard to provide for their families to a bunch of crybabies who think they’re entitled to everything with everyone else’s money.

Prime example A

In his first day on the job, Los Angeles County’s new District Attorney has announced that he’s lost his mind his office will decline to prosecute a whole spate of misdemeanors, damning a city already struggling with high levels of violence to accept even more crime in the name of “social justice.”

According to a new statement from the DA’s Office and detailed by FOX LA’s Bill Melugin, L.A. County DA George Gascon, who previously worked as San Francisco's DA (and we see how well that turned out) says his office will no longer prosecute, with some exceptions for repeat offenses, misdemeanor crimes for: Trespassing, Disturbing the peace, Driving on a suspended license, Driving with no license at all, Prostitution, Resisting arrest, Criminal threats, Drug and paraphernalia possession, Being a minor in possession of alcohol, Drinking in public, Under the influence of a controlled substance, Public intoxication, Loitering.
Don't worry, it only takes a minor coding change to make the "Report where a bum crapped on the street" app from san fran to LA
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
You also have to realize that it does take two wings to fly, however a society who votes to make their town a nice place to live also requires that all the people are pulling the same way. There really can be just very little acceptance for people who refuse to pull their weight. If you do, the entire thing breaks down. Once you have more takers than givers, then it all ends. Part of that is keeping standards. What you have in kalifornia is the abandonment of standards. The lowest denominator wins. They won because they have utilized illegal immigration and attached themselves to the host to get what they want.

I give John a hard time and I know he has some independent thoughts, however he is voting with people who have no standards. At what point does the standards mater more compared to your want for a free widget you want? That is the crux of the argument. Your party has lost all standards and all the people who want something are all piling in together and the only way that works is you have to accept any crazy idea as acceptable. While tennessee democrat may not be into anal so to speak, kalifornia dem is. Only uniting thing is that you really want something from the rest of society and you will sell out to get it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
BTW, the answer was Truman. Interesting guy (This is your hero?):

Why Harry Truman Ended Segregation in the US Military in 1948
https://www.history.com/news/harry-t...-military-1948

In 1911, when Truman was a 27-year-old corporal in the Missouri National Guard, he wrote to his future wife, Bess Wallace: “I think one man is just as good as another so long as he’s honest and decent and not a ****** or a Chinaman… I am strongly of the opinion that negros (sic) ought to be in Africa, yellow men in Asia and white men in Europe and America.”

Truman came by these beliefs from his upbringing in Missouri, where his grandparents had owned slaves and where 60 African Americans were lynched between 1877 and 1950, the second highest number of any state over that period outside the Deep South.

He grew up in a home that openly reviled abolitionism, Reconstruction and Abraham Lincoln. “Truman literally learned at his mother’s knee to share the South’s view of the War Between the States,” wrote William E. Leuchtenburg, a professor emeritus of history at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, in 1991. “He also acquired an abiding belief in white supremacy.”

Truman’s journey to signing 9981 is the story, in part, of heeding pressure from Black civil rights leaders and recognizing, pragmatically, the importance of the Black vote to his political fortunes. But it’s also the story of his overcoming his own deeply embedded racial prejudices.

Despite the Dixiecrat defections, Truman’s aides convinced him that a winning coalition included Black voters, whose leaders saw integration of the armed forces as a major election issue. Months before the election, 20 African American organizations, including the NAACP and the National Urban League, issued a “Declaration of Negro Voters,” which included desegregating the armed forces among its demands.

Better be careful, Wes will turn on you. Truman dropped the bomb on Japan and Wes is still more than a little bent about that.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2020, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
You literally just explained that the guy believed the civil war was about states rights and never heard him say a racist thing then at the very end you imply that because he has that flag he is now a racists. Talk about shoe stringing......
No, I said one was stupid and the other is likely racist. I gave the uneducated a gentle pass.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
No, I said one was stupid and the other is likely racist.
While I do not fly a battle flag of Virginia flag, why is one stupid and the other likely racist. Isn't that the leap that most people make about this yet really do not know enough about it or why they do it? I am not saying they can not be racists or stupid, how do you really know? You explained that you never heard anything racist.

The thin blue line flag is considered racist by the Southern Poverty Law Center. They are full on retard saying that. A flag honoring cops is a racist symbol? PS.... there is a fire fighter version too. yet, there are now people out there believing it is now racist.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2020, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
You also have to realize that it does take two wings to fly, however a society who votes to make their town a nice place to live also requires that all the people are pulling the same way. There really can be just very little acceptance for people who refuse to pull their weight. If you do, the entire thing breaks down. Once you have more takers than givers, then it all ends. Part of that is keeping standards. What you have in kalifornia is the abandonment of standards. The lowest denominator wins. They won because they have utilized illegal immigration and attached themselves to the host to get what they want.

I give John a hard time and I know he has some independent thoughts, however he is voting with people who have no standards. At what point does the standards mater more compared to your want for a free widget you want? That is the crux of the argument. Your party has lost all standards and all the people who want something are all piling in together and the only way that works is you have to accept any crazy idea as acceptable. While tennessee democrat may not be into anal so to speak, kalifornia dem is. Only uniting thing is that you really want something from the rest of society and you will sell out to get it.
Standards? There are over 3000 deaths a day due to Covid. Thats more than Pearl Harbor, more than 9/11. Where is the head of the country? Why is the lame duck doing nothing but trying to overturn a legal election? Instead of doing anything related to a deadly virus, the loser is holding a sit down lunch with the 17AG's that decided to jump onto the coattails of his next court defeat. I know you numptys expect the SC to change things. 6 MAGAs Vs 3 Antifa, its like a football score, we got more, 4 more years. Except they wont.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2020, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
While I do not fly a battle flag of Virginia flag, why is one stupid and the other likely racist. Isn't that the leap that most people make about this yet really do not know enough about it or why they do it? I am not saying they can not be racists or stupid, how do you really know? You explained that you never heard anything racist.

The thin blue line flag is considered racist by the Southern Poverty Law Center. They are full on retard saying that. A flag honoring cops is a racist symbol? PS.... there is a fire fighter version too. yet, there are now people out there believing it is now racist.
That is the main reason I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, but doubt I should. In my experience, if you proudly fly the confederate flag, after enough Busch Lights, the conversation around the bonfire starts to get weird.

Hell, they may both be stupid or both be racist--or most likely some combination of the two. Or maybe, and I have considered this, my new neighbor could be some kind of historical collector and it has some sort of historical significance--like guys who collect nazi stuff. Weird, but neutral.

I was supporting the connection between the Trump flag and the confederate flag. There is one that cannot be denied.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-10-2020, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
That is the main reason I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, but doubt I should. In my experience, if you proudly fly the confederate flag, after enough Busch Lights, the conversation around the bonfire starts to get weird.

Hell, they may both be stupid or both be racist--or most likely some combination of the two. Or maybe, and I have considered this, my new neighbor could be some kind of historical collector and it has some sort of historical significance--like guys who collect nazi stuff. Weird, but neutral.

I was supporting the connection between the Trump flag and the confederate flag. There is one that cannot be denied.
Sounds to me like people who want to stick it to big city democrats if you ask me. I am not a bumper sticker or flag guy (other than American, wife likes her thin blue line as well). Even then I can take it of leave it because I really don't want to have to deal with proper flying and things. Most people I know that fly Trump stuff are people who are simply fed up. I am sure if you get enough beer into some fed up democrats, you will start to get a little marx and ingles from them and some alternate drag queen dress up fetish stuff too. better yet they may start to tell you about their brony convention and how it routinely year after year out draws any white supremacist events.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-10-2020, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
NOPE! Did you know that Michelle rode a bus to get to that school for 1 1/2 hours and another 1 1/2 hours to get home? That's dedication! Do you have Any idea why all the whites(white flight) left Woodlawn. Her grade school pic looks pretty All Black to me! I don't know anything about her brother.

Again you act like this is something special just to her. Welcome to over 50% of the student body at a magnet H.S, in Chicago ( the top public high schools In the city, arguably the state.). That’s the way the Chicago school system works. There are several magnet schools scattered around the city. Their students are bussed in from all over the city limits. These are exclusive schools in which a majority of students students test into. Your acceptance to these high level schools with the best programs available is not based on location. My two nieces do the same. Both attend Whitney Young. My youngest just was accepted into Walter Payton for her 2021-22 freshma year. ( another magnet high school) The bus route will take 1:27min one way if she should choose to ride that. If we chose to drive her we are looking at just over an hour. It’s unfortunately the norm to get the best education possible in Chicago. It’s highly competitive.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-10-2020, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:

I am also not sure you realize the photos you posted are not indicative of the entire school. Those photos show a very small segment. Those are a single classroom snap shot. It’s not a full picture of the school. There are multiple classrooms at each grade level.

Again your claim of growing up now walked back to “born “ in the ghetto is completely false. They were born in a working class suburb of Chicago , Calumet Park and then moved to a gentrified middle class area of the city because it presented more opportunities for advancement at that time. You don’t have to take my word for it.
Craig Malcolm Robinson was born on April 21, 1962, in Calumet Park, Illinois, to Fraser Robinson, a city water plant employee and Democratic precinct captain, and Marian Robinson (née Shields), a secretary at Spiegel's catalog store.[1] Robinson grew up in Chicago's South Shore with his younger sister, Michelle.[1][2]
Quit trying to paint a picture of going from hood to good with the world stacked against them based on race. Your attempt to claim Whitney young is a predominantly black school based on a percentage is also weak. I’d def argue your 25% claim , because it was def more than that non black. It’s diversification was /is based on percentages of selective enrollment to diversify the student body as much as possible. They have quotas.

The picture you should be painting is that even in the early days of white flight and changing neighborhoods and racial divide 30 plus years ago , a black family with core values , two patents , and a vested interest in their child’s well being has every opportunity available to them as any white student. Michelle and her brother are gleaming examples of that at their young age....... they should be the poster family for that , there are plenty of success stories just like theirs. But hey that doesn’t get votes and money, that doesn’t fit the democratic message of keeping blacks as pawns in their voting base.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-10-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2020, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds to me like people who want to stick it to big city democrats if you ask me. I am not a bumper sticker or flag guy (other than American, wife likes her thin blue line as well). Even then I can take it of leave it because I really don't want to have to deal with proper flying and things. Most people I know that fly Trump stuff are people who are simply fed up. I am sure if you get enough beer into some fed up democrats, you will start to get a little marx and ingles from them and some alternate drag queen dress up fetish stuff too. better yet they may start to tell you about their brony convention and how it routinely year after year out draws any white supremacist events.
Kooks come in all shapes and sizes, but those who proudly wave the confederate flag more often than not have some wacky racist ideas when the truth comes out. I wish the crazy far left kooks had a flag so I would know not engage them.

I get that people are fed up, but how does buying Trump Merch stick it to the big city democrats? If the Fox/Newsmax pundits are right wouldn't buying crap made in china just line the pockets of corrupt democrats?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-10-2020, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Again you act like this is something special just to her. Welcome to over 50% of the student body at a magnet H.S, in Chicago ( the top public high schools In the city, arguably the state.). That’s the way the Chicago school system works. There are several magnet schools scattered around the city. Their students are bussed in from all over the city limits. These are exclusive schools in which a majority of students students test into. Your acceptance to these high level schools with the best programs available is not based on location. My two nieces do the same. Both attend Whitney Young. My youngest just was accepted into Walter Payton for her 2021-22 freshma year. ( another magnet high school) The bus route will take 1:27min one way if she should choose to ride that. If we chose to drive her we are looking at just over an hour. It’s unfortunately the norm to get the best education possible in Chicago. It’s highly competitive.
That sounds terrible and really fantastic at the same time. My oldest went to a IB magnet and it was great, but only a 15 minute drive and even that got really old after a while (and we even carpooled with other families). I can't imagine 3 hrs on the bus every day on top of tough school. When and where does homework get done?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-10-2020, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
The picture you should be painting is that even in the early days of white flight and changing neighborhoods and racial divide 30 plus years ago , a black family with core values , two patents , and a vested interest in their child’s well being has every opportunity available to them as any white student. Michelle and her brother are gleaming examples of that at their young age....... they should be the poster family for that , there are plenty of success stories just like theirs. But hey that doesn’t get votes and money, that doesn’t fit the democratic message of keeping blacks as pawns in their voting base.
But it does kinda corroborate my point that Michelle is a better role model than Melania.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-10-2020, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
That sounds terrible and really fantastic at the same time. My oldest went to a IB magnet and it was great, but only a 15 minute drive and even that got really old after a while (and we even carpooled with other families). I can't imagine 3 hrs on the bus every day on top of tough school. When and where does homework get done?
Thank you for the kinds words. Quite honestly I am not sure how things will shake out with her fine work. We have had conversations with the school regarding the fact my daughter also plays AAA hockey on a top tier 1 team with a national/canadian schedule being gone just about every other weekend and things will for sure be demanding. Luckily the school is very receptive.

This all leads back to my discussion about schools being closed. To make life easy for her we were looking at several top ranked female hockey prep schools. Unfortunately with everything going on touring schools and getting a feel for staff , students , curriculum , and living conditions isn’t possible. We are not entirely comfortable with that 2hr round trip daily drive to school , mixed in with 2hr round trio drive to rink for hockey , but that’s what she really wants. We were hoping she’d be at a prep school with a rink on campus being able to give her studies and hockey the same attention. However picking a school you’re gonna send your 14yr old daughter away to live at full time 1000 miles away without actually getting a feel for it could be even worse .
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-10-2020, 7:57 PM Reply   
Travel hockey is right up there with dressage horses and cart racing as very costly kid hobbies. Guy I went HS had his kid on a travel team and they flew all over the country. His kid did get a hockey scholarship, so there’s that, but it wasn’t cheap to earn by any means!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2020, 12:15 AM Reply   
So here are some interesting numbers

The Illinois Department of Public Health says that they've performed 11,481,848 tests for COVID (as of Thursday afternoon). That's a lot of tests.
The entire population of Illinois is 12.67 million, minus whoever has moved out recently. That works out to around 90% of the population.
Do you know nine-out-of-ten people who have gotten tested? People who aren’t sick/ aren't traveling, so why get tested? ILDPH isn't telling anyone how many repeat tests they've done, but no doubt it's tens of thousands.

How about some actual perspective? Some numbers:

People 20-49 - the bar hopping public - it's a 99.98% recovery rate. In reverse, that's a .02% fatality rate. Put that into perspective, that's 1 out of 5,000 people.
One's odds of dying in a car crash (according to the National Safety Council) are 1 in 106.
People 0 - 19, the recovery rate is 99.997%. In reverse, the IFR (Infection Fatality Rate) is .003%!!! Or 1 in 33,333.
There were a bunch of headlines Thursday reported more people died of COVID Wednesday than died on 9/11 - over 3,000. First off, they don't report how many had extensive comorbidities, nor how many fell into the elderly category. Do you know how many people die in the United States every single day?

approximately 7,100 of all causes.

ICU's are not anywhere near capacity - we happen to frequent some of our finer medical facilities on a weekly basis, and there are plenty of beds;
We also happen to frequent the Cook County Morgue semi-regularly. No reefers on standby for overflow bodies;

Then there is this gem lending even more credence to the trumped up numbers.

Name:  3515A7E8-80C8-48E7-9B0B-D6C843F126A4.jpeg
Views: 1169
Size:  53.7 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2020, 12:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Travel hockey is right up there with dressage horses and cart racing as very costly kid hobbies. Guy I went HS had his kid on a travel team and they flew all over the country. His kid did get a hockey scholarship, so there’s that, but it wasn’t cheap to earn by any means!
You basically pay for college on the front , that’s what I’ve come to accept anyways. My older daughter is a D3 athlete in ice hockey ( playing for same National program as the younger ) , and a borderline D1 field hockey player. so I’ll mostly likely be footing that bill a little longer than I hoped. I still feel the time management and respect / tradition / work ethic ice hockey instills as sport is well worth the time and effort they put in and the money we shell out. It will pay off long term .
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-11-2020, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most people I know that fly Trump stuff are people who are simply fed up. I am sure if you get enough beer into some fed up democrats, you will start to get a little marx and ingles from them and some alternate drag queen dress up fetish stuff too.
So Trump supporters are the right's equivalent of a drunk democrat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-11-2020, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
So here are some interesting numbers
After 911 there were sweeping changes to air travel, border control and electronic surveillance which were significant infringements on people's freedoms and a significant number of military personal were put in hams way with an invasion of a foreign nation. There wasn't a peep from those on the right that this was an disproportionate response.

The current COVID death toll is a 911 every day and the right cries about having to wear a mask and endure lockdowns. Amazing.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kooks come in all shapes and sizes, but those who proudly wave the confederate flag more often than not have some wacky racist ideas when the truth comes out. I wish the crazy far left kooks had a flag so I would know not engage them.

I get that people are fed up, but how does buying Trump Merch stick it to the big city democrats? If the Fox/Newsmax pundits are right wouldn't buying crap made in china just line the pockets of corrupt democrats?
Some may have wacky ideas. Some may just have ideas that you have not sat down and listened too. I am sure it is a mix.

As far as democrats flag? It is easy, they have things like environmental stickers on their cars or Bernie or Biden. If are stupid enough to ruin your ride over a politician, you may just be a little over heated.

No buying crap in China is just proof that the democrats motivations are working. Move jobs to third world countries and reduce America's industry and wealth. I don't blame anyone from buying out of the country because if you don't you go out of business. That is the way the game is setup. The goal is to get America back on even playing field. We have standards, they do not. If you don't have the standards, you don't get to play in our sand box.

Lot's of people try and profit off of politics. I hate democrat policies (pretty much hating democrats the people the more I see and hear the crazy chit out of their pie holes) but I am not a fan of right wing conspiracy guy either. I was at a gun show once out here when they still had them. It was right around when Obama (?) was elected I believe. Of course we know democrats are going to grab guns because that is what democrats do. They try and take away peoples rights. However, I had this dude trying to convince me I needed to pay double for a AR upper because of all this. I was like, dude get out of my face with your bull.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
So Trump supporters are the right's equivalent of a drunk democrat.
I many cases. If you are outwardly political it means you are some what emotional charged. Question is, are you emotionally hijacked? Pretty sure throwing on your sunday dress, jumping in the prius to go loot a footlocker and shoot at some cops is considered normal behavior by the democrats. They even try and justify it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
The country kids will do an hour plus on the bus including waiting out in the dark in sub zero weather in some cases and usually in below freezing weather waiting on the bus. That is just to get a plain ol high school education. Kids have been doing it for years.

Cali, the parents have to drive 1.5 to 2 hours for work each way. That is why those stands are so small at those stadiums you see.

With that said, it is really difficult for parents and kids in these situations. This is why society is failing. No one is home for the kids. They pretty much run themselves and they are not capable.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Would have been cheaper to just save all that money and invest it for college. Usually lower tier sports do not even off full rides in most cases. Then if they are a big enough program, you really do not have time for study. They end up in general business or communications.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
But it does kinda corroborate my point that Michelle is a better role model than Melania.
Because she was a political target for success because her parents were in the business?

Seems to be harder to be an immigrant who can speak multiple languages is the American success story. Not an entrenched political operative already rounding 3rd base and told run fast as you can and we will make sure you win. 99% of white, black, hispanic, asians do not get that.

Why are we using so much resources and energy on a section of society who does not want to plug in? I don't see all these things being done for Asians or Hispanics? Matter of fact Asians are down graded from getting into good schools. How about we simply level the playing field and treat each other the same. Vast majority of white people don't have a leg up to start. People like to act like they do, but they do not. Don't give me this white privilege garbage either. My wife or myself were actually penalized for being white and poor because people don't believe white people are poor. Then having to over come and learn what is acceptable professionalism and so on. It is a life time of growth and making adjustments and swallowing pride. Sure, many people are born with knowing this stuff. Just like Michelle Obama's parents gave her that leg up because they learned. She could have told them heck no and went on her own hard life. Just like anyone. Congrats to her for not being dragged down. Something we should all be proud of that a fellow citizen took the right path but don't act like she did not have a leg up because she is black. Besides her parents political connections, the system is gamed because the standards are lower to allow her to succeed before other colors (which is stupid, because color is just a color).
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-11-2020, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am also not sure you realize the photos you posted are not indicative of the entire school. Those photos show a very small segment. Those are a single classroom snap shot. It’s not a full picture of the school. There are multiple classrooms at each grade level.

Again your claim of growing up now walked back to “born “ in the ghetto is completely false. They were born in a working class suburb of Chicago , Calumet Park and then moved to a gentrified middle class area of the city because it presented more opportunities for advancement at that time. You don’t have to take my word for it.
Craig Malcolm Robinson was born on April 21, 1962, in Calumet Park, Illinois, to Fraser Robinson, a city water plant employee and Democratic precinct captain, and Marian Robinson (née Shields), a secretary at Spiegel's catalog store.[1] Robinson grew up in Chicago's South Shore with his younger sister, Michelle.[1][2]
Quit trying to paint a picture of going from hood to good with the world stacked against them based on race. Your attempt to claim Whitney young is a predominantly black school based on a percentage is also weak. I’d def argue your 25% claim , because it was def more than that non black. It’s diversification was /is based on percentages of selective enrollment to diversify the student body as much as possible. They have quotas.

It's Ghetto to me, says here her apartment where she was born was for blacks, then I knew she moved up to her Aunts apartment probably for the better schools, that pic I posted Was Michelle's class picture, Black as can be. For the third time, I said she grew up middle class, I did not say she grew up in the Ghetto, thank God she moved a couple blocks into her Aunts place, a better neighborhood.

Where she was born: Parkway Gardens in Woodlawn

“…we were living across the hall from my father’s parents in Parkway Gardens, an affordable housing project on the South Side made up of modernist apartment buildings. It had been built in the 1950s and was designed as a co-op, meant to ease a post-World War II housing shortage for black working-class families. Later, it would deteriorate under the grind of poverty and gang violence, becoming one of the city’s more dangerous places to live. Long before this, though, when I was still a toddler, my parents — who had met as teenagers and married in their mid-twenties — accepted an offer to move a few miles south to Robbie and Terry’s place in a nicer neighborhood.” —Michelle Obama, Becoming (page 5)

I will believe Michelle's words, Not yours, Pretty Damn Ghetto! More dis-information from you, saying she worked at Speigel's, like she worked there, all of Michelle's life, she did Not work there until Michelle was in High School.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
After 911 there were sweeping changes to air travel, border control and electronic surveillance which were significant infringements on people's freedoms and a significant number of military personal were put in hams way with an invasion of a foreign nation. There wasn't a peep from those on the right that this was an disproportionate response.

The current COVID death toll is a 911 every day and the right cries about having to wear a mask and endure lockdowns. Amazing.
Bogus argument. The number of deaths per day is double 911. Apples vs a Buick comparison. I pointed out to our fellow democrats on this board that they were bitching about a war (that they voted for), but they lost more people in democrat ran cities every year for decades with them murdering each other than we lost with volunteer troops in the war. Both are horrible, but don't try and give us this holier than thee lie.

Of course during 911 and the mobilization we went and killed the people who were responsible and all their enablers. Not so much for the deaths alone, but by the other potential fall out on the global scale that impacts American lives. Are you suggesting we go to war with China?

Of course during the war, businesses did not get shut down and 1/4 of the population put on welfare over it either. The Army went to war, Americans went to the mall. The bitch is not about masks (even though as used they give false security), it is the risk vs reward of the lock downs. They data suggests you are more likely to die getting to work in general than you ever are from dying from covid. Then the government is picking winners and losers to boot on who and who can not stay open. You thing democrat business owners are down with that either. If you noticed during the "protests" over yet another fatality intoxicated minority, many of those people were out there bitching about being locked down. Not sure there were many Republicans in those crowds so one has to wonder what political group they belonged too.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's Ghetto to me, says here her apartment where she was born was for blacks, then I knew she moved up to her Aunts apartment probably for the better schools, that pic I posted Was Michelle's class picture, Black as can be. For the third time, I said she grew up middle class, I did not say she grew up in the Ghetto, thank God she moved a couple blocks into her Aunts place, a better neighborhood.

“…we were living across the hall from my father’s parents in Parkway Gardens, an affordable housing project on the South Side made up of modernist apartment buildings. It had been built in the 1950s and was designed as a co-op, meant to ease a post-World War II housing shortage for black working-class families. Later, it would deteriorate under the grind of poverty and gang violence, becoming one of the city’s more dangerous places to live. Long before this, though, when I was still a toddler, my parents — who had met as teenagers and married in their mid-twenties — accepted an offer to move a few miles south to Robbie and Terry’s place in a nicer neighborhood.” —Michelle Obama, Becoming (page 5)

I will believe Michelle's words, Not yours, Pretty Damn Ghetto! More dis-information from you, saying she worked at Speigel's, like she worked there, all of Michelle's life, she did Not work there until Michelle was in High School.
So who and what turned that into a "ghetto"? Was it white people? Was it government policy? I mean isn't that what you democrats want? Nice furnished government supplied housing, medical and so on? Why is it every time we hear of a government ran complex, it quickly gets turned into a ghetto? Is it the people or is it the government or is it a mix? Why? Where I live all the jobs are in or very near to the city. Why are their ghettos in the cities?

If it is the people that causes it, then what does lowering standards do to the actual producers and what does it do to the mentality of those who the standard was lowered for?

If it is the government, then are you suggesting that if the government simply seized more money to put into the government housing, they would never become ghettos?

If it is both, then both things would be true. We all know that government seizing more and more wealth of the workers only leads to more workers in the ghettos. proven for as long as history has been recorded.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-11-2020, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:

also, she moved when she was a TODDLER!!!! She did not work there until she was in high school? That is probably the most influential time in your life. I did not even know I was poor until we merged from the different school districts into Jr High. At that point is when most kids found out there were social economic differences. Sounds like she had it good during those years.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-11-2020, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
OMG! Michelle Obama grew up in a middle class family in south Chicago with very supportive parents, they did not own their own house but put all their money into getting their two kids through Princeton University, Both Michelle and her brother attended All black schools from 1st grade to their senior year in High School, their first day at Princeton was their first day at a school that was Not all Black! ,
Michelle is Not privileged, you don't go from living in the Ghetto to being a graduate from Princeton University by being privileged, I am sure many of her fellow students at Princeton were privileged, her story should be a template for most people how to succeed in life.
XStar, saved you some time, so you don't have to go back looking for the Truth, this was my original post

"Michelle Obama grew up in a middle class family in south Chicago"

I never said she grew up in the ghetto, she definitively moved to a better neighborhood before she started grade school, and it sounds like she was born into the projects, that grade school pic of Michelle's class looks pretty black to me.

I believe that Chicago was not the norm for big city schools, I know the schools in Cleveland were the best in the State in Ohio in the 50's, then by the 70's they were the Worst! They are still the worst in the State of Ohio. It was good to find out that Chicago has a great High School, probably one of the best in their State, but I also know that property in Chicago is expensive, so I guess if you spend a million dollars on a property, you expect it to have good schools. Probably not the norm in the United States.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2020, 11:21 AM Reply   
This is the guy who filed the SC lawsuit for the lame duck. Im not saying he was looking for a pardon, but the FBI is at his door step. The lawsuit has been defined as "seditious" and it is. These AG's, the states and the 106 R's need a class in civics.
https://www.courthousenews.com/fbi-s...reports/?amp=1

I invested some time yesterday listening to right wing radio and some FOX news. Just an FYI, it was difficult to listen to the litany of lies and misinformation they provide. Its as if they were on a different legal planet. McEnany is completely out of her mind. Hannity lying and saying how strong trumps "Big One" lawsuit is, how the AG's and Rs would not put their name on it unless it was a good case. While any legit lawyer will tell you zero chance. Its one lie after another. What will they say when the SC response is one word, "denied"? They are setting you up, knowing the result. I really dont see a happy ending for them.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-11-2020, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
XStar, saved you some time, so you don't have to go back looking for the Truth, this was my original post

"Michelle Obama grew up in a middle class family in south Chicago"

I never said she grew up in the ghetto, she definitively moved to a better neighborhood before she started grade school, and it sounds like she was born into the projects, that grade school pic of Michelle's class looks pretty black to me.

I believe that Chicago was not the norm for big city schools, I know the schools in Cleveland were the best in the State in Ohio in the 50's, then by the 70's they were the Worst! They are still the worst in the State of Ohio. It was good to find out that Chicago has a great High School, probably one of the best in their State, but I also know that property in Chicago is expensive, so I guess if you spend a million dollars on a property, you expect it to have good schools. Probably not the norm in the United States.
This is one of the silliest side arguments I have ever seen on here.

One went to Princeton and Harvard Law. The other was a model who did porn. Both made it to the WH. Which route would you prefer your daughter to take?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-11-2020, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
BTW, the answer was Truman. Interesting guy (This is your hero?):
Truman’s journey to signing 9981 is the story, in part, of heeding pressure from Black civil rights leaders and recognizing, pragmatically, the importance of the Black vote to his political fortunes. But it’s also the story of his overcoming his own deeply embedded racial prejudices.

Despite the Dixiecrat defections, Truman’s aides convinced him that a winning coalition included Black voters, whose leaders saw integration of the armed forces as a major election issue. Months before the election, 20 African American organizations, including the NAACP and the National Urban League, issued a “Declaration of Negro Voters,” which included desegregating the armed forces among its demannds
Uh Oh, Looks like the Tide is a changing, republicans turning into democrats and democrats fleeing to the republican party.
No, never said Truman was my hero, I just don't think anyone has helped the Blacks more than when Truman desegregated the military probably since Lincoln. Whether he wanted to, or not. I am sure minimum wage laws and labor laws helped the blacks, but they probably got exceptions for field workers.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-11-2020, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
So what. I just literally destroyed you with the actual voting record of the parties and at least two different sources of information on how the parties did not switch. I also asked you why your party elected a kkk grand wizard up until 2010. Bill Clinton literally defended his involvement in the kkk 4 years ago.
You didn't Destroy Anyone, you say the parties didn't switch because of a vote from 54 years ago, it's Because of that vote from 54 years ago that the racist from the democrats jumped to the republican party, so Now you are one supporting the racist republicans, think gerrymandering and voter suppression to stop the blacks from voting, this is what you encourage when you vote republican. And why go back to 2010 with a grand wizard, this guy is your Senate Leader
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-11-2020, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bogus argument.
No I think it's pretty valid. Extraordinary conditions require extraordinary actions.

Quote:
Of course during 911 and the mobilization we went and killed the people who were responsible and all their enablers.
Check your history, USA invaded Afghanistan not Saudi Arabia. You also missed out the vast majority of casualties where civilians. A lot of those deaths are at Obama's feet which I 100% recognize, this isn't a partisan issue for me. One of the issues which Trump promised action on which I thought was a big tick was stopping the endless wars and drone strikes. Complete fail on that one unfortunately.

Quote:
Of course during the war, businesses did not get shut down and 1/4 of the population put on welfare over it either. The Army went to war, Americans went to the mall. The bitch is not about masks (even though as used they give false security), it is the risk vs reward of the lock downs. They data suggests you are more likely to die getting to work in general than you ever are from dying from covid.
Most of the arguments against COVID controls use the current deathrate relative to the damage of the current controls. They completely ignore what the deathrate would be without controls.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-11-2020, 2:20 PM Reply   
This is Trump-supporter logic on display.

Several GOP lawmakers from GA, PA, WI, and MI signed the BS amicus in support of the TX AG insisting the elections in those states were "unconstitutional". Do they not understand they were elected in the same "unconstitutional" election?

Trump has turned the majority of the GOP into the Party of DumbFcks.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-11-2020, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seen way more of them in Castro Valley, CA than I've encountered in all my time in Texas.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2020, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
also, she moved when she was a TODDLER!!!! She did not work there until she was in high school? That is probably the most influential time in your life. I did not even know I was poor until we merged from the different school districts into Jr High. At that point is when most kids found out there were social economic differences. Sounds like she had it good during those years.

Delta it’s not even worth it anymore

This guy just posted Michelle’s explanation of her childhood , in her own quotes/ words all of
all of which completely debunk his claims ..........and he’s still quadrupling down on his made up narrative. You can’t make this up.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2020, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:

Man you just keep digging and don’t when to quit. You make this stuff too easy.
1) you 100% claimed she grew up in the ghetto. Then you claimed her first all non black school was Princeton. Here are your exact words . Maybe you forget them because you’ve made so many false claims it’s hard to keep track.

Quote:
Both Michelle and her brother attended All black schools from 1st grade to their senior year in High SchoolFALSE CLAIM NUMBER 1 PPROVEN BY HER ATTENDANCE TO WHITNEY YOUNG HIGH SCHOOL AND HER BROTHERS ATTENDENCE TO MY CARMEL , their first day at Princeton was their first day at a school that was Not all Black!FALSE CLAIM #2.
Michelle is Not privileged, you don't go from living in the Ghetto FALSE CLAIM #3 to being a graduate from Princeton University by being privileged, I am sure many of her fellow students at Princeton were privileged, her story should be a template for most people how to succeed in life.
Those are your own words or are they not ?

Michelle’s words are exactly what I friking told you. Parkway Gardens was not a “ghetto” housing project at the the time. It wasn’t a high crime area , it wasn’t filled with poverty, drugs and guns. It was quite the opposite. It was built with what the ideology of a “housing project” should be. They were modernized units built to aid the transition of families post war times. She says it in her own words. It wasn’t til much later that they turned into the “ghetto “ project , poverty lifestyle you want to keep trying to portray she came from. AGAIN EXPLAINED IN HER OWM WORDS. DID YOU ACTUALLY READ ALL THE WORDS ? Later, it would deteriorate under the grind of poverty and gang violence, becoming one of the city’s more dangerous places to live. Long before this, though, when I was still a toddler, my parents — who had met as teenagers and married in their mid-twenties — accepted an offer to move a few miles south to Robbie and Terry’s place in a nicer neighborhoodShe says herself she was long gone before it turned into a violence plagued ghetto. Geezus Man....... Just give it up already. You’ve been owned and you story has been peeled apart for the garbage it was by the actual facts. One last fact. Feel free to do some
More Research. Parkway gardens was also never one of the most dangerous housing projects in the city like she proclaims. It wasn’t even top10 for violence gangs and drugs . More facts for you

https://www.google.com/amp/s/unitedg...go-chiraq/amp/

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-11-2020 at 3:26 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2020, 3:23 PM Reply   
More proof of following the science from lead democratic strongholds. I don’t think there’s a chart that is more backwards from their policies then this.

Name:  D2F83BDA-A965-44E6-BCFF-012849C12173.jpeg
Views: 1446
Size:  154.5 KB
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-11-2020, 3:30 PM Reply   
And surprise surprise, another frivolous Trump election lawsuit bites the dust, cementing Paxton and a number of other repube AGs as complete morons

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/u...ion-texas.html
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2020, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Delta it’s not even worth it anymore

This guy just posted Michelle’s explanation of her childhood , in her own quotes/ words all of
all of which completely debunk his claims ..........and he’s still quadrupling down on his made up narrative. You can’t make this up.
Go ahead, make up the case Melania is a better role model.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2020, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
More proof of following the science from lead democratic strongholds. I don’t think there’s a chart that is more backwards from their policies then this.

Attachment 46107
The only backwards science is YOU, thinking you know more than actual experts. Youve gone down the rabbit hole head first. Like the guy you pull over telling you vehicle code, hes an idiot. There are over 3000 people a day dead from Covid, Whats your plan? You have a better idea? They are simply trying to eliminate people from being near each other any way they can. There will be 300,000 dead this weekend, 400,000 dead before Biden is sworn in and your worried about what exactly? Your freedom? Remember when you were on here whining about all the protests and overtime you had to take? The hospital workers are not pussies like you, they still havant had a break and wont for the next 6-9 months. Take off your tin foil hat and join the real world.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-11-2020, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
And surprise surprise, another frivolous Trump election lawsuit bites the dust, cementing Paxton and a number of other repube AGs as complete morons

Wow, those evil dems are playing 5D chess. Somehow they tricked stable genius god king Trump in to selecting rightwing judges who are secretly leftwing and have denied his lawsuit to flip the election. The depths they will stoop knows no bounds.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2020, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
The only backwards science is YOU, thinking you know more than actual experts. Youve gone down the rabbit hole head first. Like the guy you pull over telling you vehicle code, hes an idiot. There are over 3000 people a day dead from Covid, Whats your plan? You have a better idea? They are simply trying to eliminate people from being near each other any way they can. There will be 300,000 dead this weekend, 400,000 dead before Biden is sworn in and your worried about what exactly? Your freedom? Remember when you were on here whining about all the protests and overtime you had to take? The hospital workers are not pussies like you, they still havant had a break and wont for the next 6-9 months. Take off your tin foil hat and join the real world.
The only thing they’re eliminating is jobs , revenue , sustainable living and businesses.

Maybe you missed the fact that in a normal year over 7500 Americans die each day. 2017 an average of 7,708 deaths occurred each day. January, February, and December were the months with the highest average daily number of deaths (8,478, 8,351, and 8,344, respectively). June, July, and August were the months with the lowest average daily number of deaths (7,298, 7,157, and 7,158, respectively).. Deaths in us have been trending upwards since .

Not sure where you heard me whining about all the overtime I had to work. NOT ONCE DID I EVER . I’ll gladly work 7 days a week to take on those snowflakes. I have had5 days off in past 45 days. Spare me your dribble. Go back to hiding in your basement and let the men and women who represent America take care of business while you cower in a corner with 3 masks on trembling in fear.

More data showing the screed numbers

Of the 11,481,848 tests performed (thru Thursday) in Illinois , 881,032 were done in THREE ZIP codes! . ZIP code 61820 (Champaign) had 524,856 tests. 3,868 positives. 0.74% positivity rate.
The Top 3 testing ZIP codes are from Champaign/Urbana??? Not Chicago!

Could it be that University of Illinois MANDATES their students get tested 2x a week (On-campus living) and 3x a week (For off-campus living). Athletes 4x a week (off-season) and 7x a week (in-season)

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-11-2020 at 9:31 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-12-2020, 3:21 AM Reply   
Quote:

Of the 11,481,848 tests performed (thru Thursday) in Illinois , 881,032 were done in THREE ZIP codes! . ZIP code 61820 (Champaign) had 524,856 tests. 3,868 positives. 0.74% positivity rate.

Could it be that University of Illinois MANDATES their students get tested 2x a week (On-campus living) and 3x a week (For off-campus living). Athletes 4x a week (off-season) and 7x a week (in-season)
It's silly to compare the number of tests to the number of people -- this isn't a 23 and me genetic test that you need to only get once. It's a snapshot of a moment in time. Someone who tests negative today can be positive tomorrow. In a perfect world we'd be testing every man woman and child once a week until the vaccine is widely disseminated. It's not like it's hard -- the test itself takes only a few minutes and only involves a nasal swab... no blood or anything.

Sounds to me like U of I is following the White House's coronavirus task force's advice and testing young people, even asymptomatic folks, at higher rates, to identify potential outbreaks before they spread. It's just too bad we aren't doing that everywhere.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-12-2020, 3:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
The only thing they’re eliminating is jobs , revenue , sustainable living and businesses.

Maybe you missed the fact that in a normal year over 7500 Americans die each day. 2017 an average of 7,708 deaths occurred each day. January, February, and December were the months with the highest average daily number of deaths (8,478, 8,351, and 8,344, respectively). June, July, and August were the months with the lowest average daily number of deaths (7,298, 7,157, and 7,158, respectively).. Deaths in us have been trending upwards since .

Not sure where you heard me whining about all the overtime I had to work. NOT ONCE DID I EVER . I’ll gladly work 7 days a week to take on those snowflakes. I have had5 days off in past 45 days. Spare me your dribble. Go back to hiding in your basement and let the men and women who represent America take care of business while you cower in a corner with 3 masks on trembling in fear.

More data showing the screed numbers

Does your supervisor know that you start each shift with a bias against the majority of the residents you swore to serve and protect? You do understand that you don't work for Donald Trump or the GOP?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-12-2020, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:

Kind of ironic that the electoral college BS provides the states the autonomy that shot Texas down. If it was the popular vote then that would go away.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-12-2020, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kind of ironic that the electoral college BS provides the states the autonomy that shot Texas down. If it was the popular vote then that would go away.
Even more ironic that these "conservatives" were seeking some activist judges to provide a remedy not described in the "constitution as written." Guess that federalist society vetting was pretty solid after all.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-12-2020, 4:55 PM Reply   
So Josh Holly and Bernie try to get $1200 stimulus cheque for working people and both parties are mad with them because it makes them look bad to have simple no fish hooks legislation which actually help the little people without grubby money for the corporate masters. **** the senate, those idiots should ask be fired.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-12-2020, 7:29 PM Reply   
Quote:

Sounds to me like U of I is following the White House's coronavirus task force's advice and testing young people, even asymptomatic folks, at higher rates, to identify potential outbreaks before they spread. It's just too bad we aren't doing that everywhere.
I don’t disagree with the fact they’re doing it all all. I can’t wait for business and educational facilities to open and would welcome that type of testing to everyone so people can earn a living and kids can receive a proper education/socializing skills The entire testing procedure has evolved over time , we are testing at rates never seen before, but what hasn’t evolved is the discussion around what these new mandates mean . A huge portion of testing now is “mandated “ testing of various different groups of people that otherwise would t have even been tested in prior months. As I mentioned before every employee at my wife’s company , one of the largest in the medical field globally , is testing daily as well. My issue is the refusal to acknowledge the data we see today can not be fairly compared to the data from earlier in the virus. We can’t continue to compare the stats today and keep rolling with baselines from 6months ago to formulate policy. We are talking single digit percentages being the difference between a complete in home lockdown of individuals and businesses.

With mandated testing now comes a very significant portion of asymptomatic individuals testing positive . An entire data set only appearing due to the new forced mandates( which I have zero issue with) Research has already showed a majority of these asymptomatic individuals present no danger of transmitting the virus and experience almost zero symptoms, yet there is no distinction whatsoever being made to accommodate for that. Accounting for these individuals as well as the new standards being implemented across our nation would significantly impact current data enough to have a major effect on policy. Yet no mention of it in any political discussion based on science.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-12-2020 at 7:34 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-12-2020, 7:42 PM Reply   
Curious how you plan to "account for these individuals" policy/actionwise when anywhere from 20-35% of asymptomatic cases are contagious for up to 17 days?

I agree with you that testing is easy and it's ridiculous that the gubment hasn't both allocated funds to support wider testing and mandated it wherever possible.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-13-2020, 4:08 AM Reply   
The way you get a hold of the virus with testing is to bench (quarantine) all positives, even (and probably especially) asymptomatic positives. If folks who test positive are stopped before they can infect others, then the virus will die out because it can't infect someone new.

Basically a super-targeted lockdown of particular individuals while they are contagious.

But without the ability to identify asymptomatic and presymtomatic positives then we are stuck with blunt-instrument activity shutdowns, to stop people from congregating where the virus can spread.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-13-2020, 4:41 AM Reply   
Donald's Timeline as President....

2016 - "Make America Great Again"

2020 - "It's like a third world country"

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-13-2020, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
1) you 100% claimed she grew up in the ghetto.
No I did Not, it does matter how many times you lie, it does Not make it true!
From the beginning I said,

"Michelle Obama grew up in a middle class family in south Chicago with very supportive parents"

Give it up, from my first post I said she grew up middle class family in south Chicago, again You say I said she grew up in the Ghetto when I never said that, you can't even go back to the original post, so I posted it for you, not too far back. You cannot go back further than that post and find anywhere where I said that because it doesn't exist.

Anyway, I did ask you a while back, What caused the white flight? Do you even know why all of the whites left, Michelle's 1st and second grade class picture were pretty all black classrooms, lets move on to that discussion.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-14-2020, 10:35 AM Reply   
According to Enlow, the Trump campaign did not want to win the presidential election outright because that would have foiled its plans to expose the widespread fraud. And Enlow knows this, he claims, because God told it to him.

“It was a sting operation,” Enlow said. “They knew [the Democrats] had to cheat, and they knew they had to cheat a lot. They already knew they were going to cheat at least 15 percent, because that’s what they did last time. What they ended up having to do is to cheat by every means known to man. They had to do the Dominion software, they had to enter into the new algorithms, they had to freeze the election, produce new ballots, pull them out of suitcases. It’s the most flagrant cheating in history.”

“Until we see at least 88 million votes show up for Trump and 45 states, it will not have been [legitimate],” Enlow added. “The numbers are actually greater than that. I don’t know why the Lord gave me two sets of numbers, but he just says, ‘You’re not even seeing close to the truth unless you see at least 88 million.’ He told me in a weird way: ‘If you don’t see at least as many votes as he has followers on Twitter’—88.6 million followers on Twitter, and that has been squelched as well. And then the states, he went through just one by one with me and was telling me who was where. And so here’s the big news: California and New York both went red.”
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...-and-new-york/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-14-2020, 11:34 AM Reply   
Pretty compelling stuff. Don't know why you even have elections, just ask Cloud friend in the sky who won.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-14-2020, 12:55 PM Reply   
Looks like the sting failed. God wanted Biden to be President is the only remaining explanation. All part of God's perfect design.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-14-2020, 3:01 PM Reply   
And instead of salvaging what little dignity and legacy he might have left by touting the vaccine progress and pushing to save American lives, little twumpy wumpy is just throwing tantrums in the corner right up to the bitter end. Bye bye Barr.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ssions/617386/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-14-2020, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
And instead of salvaging what little dignity and legacy he might have left by touting the vaccine progress and pushing to save American lives, little twumpy wumpy is just throwing tantrums in the corner right up to the bitter end. Bye bye Barr.

Bill Barr was such a terrible RINO anyway. If he won't kiss the feet of the Orange Messiah then what good is he?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2020, 7:03 AM Reply   
It hasn't been a good month for the Lord of the Deplorables.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-15-2020, 7:28 AM Reply   
Being Right of center, I am terrified that Trumps antics and the mob of lawyers claiming that US elections are fraudulent will affect voter turn out in GA. If his nonsense loses the Senate for Republicans, I will be pissed.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2020, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
This is Trump-supporter logic on display.

Several GOP lawmakers from GA, PA, WI, and MI signed the BS amicus in support of the TX AG insisting the elections in those states were "unconstitutional". Do they not understand they were elected in the same "unconstitutional" election?

Trump has turned the majority of the GOP into the Party of DumbFcks.
Democrats filed hundreds of lawsuits just prior to the election. Many laws were changed via the judiciary and not through legislation. That is the crux of the argument. Did those states get impacted in this manner? I am not sure, however the judiciary does not have authority to change election law especially at the request of one political party over another.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2020, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
OMG! Michelle Obama grew up in a middle class family in south Chicago with very supportive parents, they did not own their own house but put all their money into getting their two kids through Princeton University, Both Michelle and her brother attended All black schools from 1st grade to their senior year in High School, their first day at Princeton was their first day at a school that was Not all Black!
Michelle is Not privileged, you don't go from living in the Ghetto to being a graduate from Princeton University by being privileged, I am sure many of her fellow students at Princeton were privileged, her story should be a template for most people how to succeed in life.
Pretty sure you said she lived in the Ghetto, but who am I to use your own words to prove you are not telling the truth.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2020, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Bill Barr was such a terrible RINO anyway. If he won't kiss the feet of the Orange Messiah then what good is he?
I thought you guys said Barr was there to do Trump's bidding. I also thought the courts where there to do Trump's bidding? I thought we were past peak oil? I thought we would be under water by now? I am beginning to see a trend with you mentally ill leftists......
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2020, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Being Right of center, I am terrified that Trumps antics and the mob of lawyers claiming that US elections are fraudulent will affect voter turn out in GA. If his nonsense loses the Senate for Republicans, I will be pissed.
I am almost hoping we lose the Senate. it will teach all those never Trumpers a lesson. You will get to see what radical plans the democrats have. When the government is big, I do better. I tried to warn you guys.

Ever hear of the Global Reset? John Kerry is leading the charge and already is tapped to be in Biden's cabinet. You don't think demorats are authoritarian? Just you wait and see.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2020, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:

I was kind of thinking that about the communist press and the demorat party, unfortunately there is no dignity left in all the lies they have told over the last 4 years and beyond.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2020, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
It hasn't been a good month for the Lord of the Deplorables.
Keep calling us deplorable. If you had to go live with "your people", you would be robbed and beaten.