Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-25-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone else is having ballast problems with their 2014 Supreme V226’s. While we are surfing the bags empty out fairly quickly to around half full. At least that’s when it affected the wake enough to notice and check the bags. This happens on both sides (one at a time) and we have gotten to the point where we just leave the pump on the whole time were riding which obviously isn’t good for its lifespan. I have had it down to the dealer who replaced check valves, pump impellors, and routed the intake hose to have a bend near the top of the locker that I guess is supposed to act like a P trap in your sink in reverse??? The problem still persisted following these repairs. The dealer & factory guys are now saying that the bags are draining out the overflow ports when the boat is listed and the solution is to swap sides with the overflow hoses so port overflows to starboard etc. The factory and dealer have been helpful and are sending me some new lengths of hose to perform the swap and maybe this will work but my gut says it’s not the right permanent solution as it doesn’t account for when we have both rear bags full for wakeboarding. I was hoping I could tap into some of the WW expertise to help me solve this. Here’s a few details – reversible jabsco pump on each side of transmission, underwater intake on hull bottom, rear overflow is near the rub rail, check valve on the inside right before the overflow port exit. Sacs are the Enzo style that fill the lockers and go under the side seats.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-25-2014, 6:51 PM Reply   
Yep I can watch the water come out the vent when we are surfing. I am going to cap off the vent on the leg then route the top vent lines to the opposite side of the boat. I am also going to cut in a tee and a check valve between the thru hull and the pump. From the tee I am going to run a line to the opposite side and use the overboard from the vent on the leg. With this set up each sack will have one vent and one overboard so when I reverse the pumps water is pumped out the side of the boat. This will also keep any water from bleeding past the pump. My center tank also fills on its own so I will add a high point loop to it and problem solved
Old     (phl)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-25-2014, 8:10 PM Reply   
Go see your seller its part of warranty giuys
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-26-2014, 4:51 AM Reply   
Mine does this as well and its the drain not the vent. I was going to try to mount my drain pump higher then the bag? Not sure if that would help?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-26-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phl View Post
Go see your seller its part of warranty giuys
Exactly! I just don't feel like an adequate fix is being presented to the dealer from the factory. It's really taking away from the new boat experience.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-26-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
Harold, I sent you a PM. I would like to talk to you about your fix. I am not exited to fix it myself but with 3 weeks of vacation right around the corner I can't afford to be without it while they R&D after the fact.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-26-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
Sent you a pm with my # give me a call . I am a pipe fitter by trade super easy fix
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-27-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
Go to Bev Mo or local liquor store, buy some corks put them in the vents. Problem solved till you get time to put in caps or valves.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-29-2014, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat View Post
Go to Bev Mo or local liquor store, buy some corks put them in the vents. Problem solved till you get time to put in caps or valves.
JB Weld would work better
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-30-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
Does the water only drain while surfing or do the bags drain while wakeboarding. If it's only surfing then routing all the drain and vent hoses to the opposite side will help, and make sure there is a good 1-way check valve on the fill lines. That should take care of everything, unless the bags are higher than the thru-hull fittings for the vent or drain lines when the boat is level, when your wakeboarding. If the bag is higher then the water will drain until it's at the level of the thru-hull, and if that's the case, the only fix is to move the thru-hulls forward on the boat to a point that is higher than the tops of the bags. I know of several guys that moved their thru hulls forward of the windshield. It was a little bit of work but that solved the problem.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-30-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
They are draining out past the pumps and vents. Wakeboarding and surfing. h20king has a fix that i'm going to try once the parts come in that completely reconfigures the rear ballast plumbing. Thanks Harold, a lot.

I'm suprised it wasn't found during testing before being given a green light to manufacturing. If it was an older boat I would consider moving the vents. Since it is new I need to work with the holes in the hull I have.

Oh and the cork for a bottle of Grey Goose was too small but by the time the bottle was gone I didnt care anymore.... Moving onto wine. Bev Mo is a great place.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-01-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
I completely agree with that last post. If you can't find the right size cork, drink more until you find one or just don't care anymore lol