Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
I am seriously considering selling my 2007 Malibu VTX. We are expecting our first child in a few weeks, and really haven't used the boat nearly as much over the past few years. Sadly, I don't see that changing significantly over the next few years.

I have done some research on nadaguides.com, as well as searched craigslist, boat trader, and onlyinboards, but there really aren't that many VTXs on the market. I rarely ever see them period. As a result, I'm having a hard time finding a good asking price to weigh in my decision to sell.

I am the original owner of the boat, as I bought it new in April 2008. It currently has about 170 hours, and has been very well cared for and serviced regularly. Some of the features include:

Tandem axle Extreme trailer with an upgraded stainless steel swivel tongue and LED lights
Fiberglass swim platform
Newer windshield (I think it's a 2008 or 2009 windshield)
4 ballast tanks
Manual wedge
Very good stereo, which includes 3 amps, a 12" subwoofer, 8 interior speakers, and a pair of NVS tower speakers
2 battery banks with a perko switch
1 pair of Nice Rack wakeboard racks with covers

Due to the limited amount of VTXs out there, I'd appreciate any opinions/suggestions to help me establish an asking price. Also, I'm in Central California, as I'm sure that has some influence.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-24-2015, 12:15 PM Reply   
Looks like a nice boat, too bad you didn't get to use it more often.

What motor? I would assume LCR since you didn't list one, still a great powerplant.

If it were mine I would probably put a $39,900 price on it and see what happens. Tough to get over $40k for a 7 year boat even with that low of hours.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Sorry. It does have the standard 320 hp engine.

Mikeski-Thanks, and that's right in the range of what my gut was telling me.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       07-24-2015, 5:16 PM Reply   
I don't think the question is what other vtx's are selling for, but rather what other boats are in the 39k market in your area. it's really a 9 year old boat as '16's will be out in the next 30 days and doesn't really matter when you bought it, but what year it is.
I had a tough time peddling my supra 20ssv in '12 and ended up getting 32 for it. market for 20ft boats is not as big as the market for 21-22ft and will play into the sale.

my bet says 33-35 takes it home, especially with the season being over half gone.

btw, great looking boat and looks to be in good shape.
Old     (GoBeavs85)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-25-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Sweet boat. This is exactly what I want but unfortunately we are a few years out from upgrading. Currently we have a direct drive ski boat and while I love to slalom my wife really loves surfing. This seems to be a good crossover boat. GLWS.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for the opinions and kind words guys.

Thought about it a bunch over the weekend, and sadly, put it up for sale today.