Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-24-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
This could get nasty. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...firm-says.html
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-24-2014, 6:57 PM Reply   
Well, no indictment....which doesn't surprise me at all.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-24-2014, 7:45 PM Reply   
In this news story the grad jury saw evidence that showed Michale browns DNA was found on the inside of the drivers side door of the police car!

How does a supposed innocent mans ( trying to surrender) DNA end up there.

Did the cop drag him off the street and into his car and then blast him inside his car?????

They say the cure for Ignorance is Knowledge but unfortunately in Furgsons case
"You can't fix stupid"
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-24-2014, 10:38 PM Reply   
All I can say is the only victim here is officer Wilson. As all the evidence showed he was the one attacked for protecting the citizens of Ferguson from a piece of garbage. The thanks he gets is condemnation from the President,the AG, and every race baiter in America. The same thing happened with president and the AG in Cambridge. Only to again be proven wrong. This time they showed up at this offender's funeral who just tried to seriously injure if not kill a policemen. I ways wonder if these politicians were the victims or their kids were the victims of a violent crime comitted by these offenders if they would show up at the offenders funeral. The only racists left in America are those still pulling the race card every chance they get. I had a 7yr old girl gunned down two weeks ago and a 9yr old boy recently shot. Where is all the outrage here in the murder capital of the nation? Where are all the revrunds marching and condemning the shooter be brought to justice? Oh that's right, no money to be made or agendas to push so they don't care.

If people knew the absolute BS that goes on in the hood everyday they wouldnt be so quick to hug a thug every chance they get. Facts of the case are this .......brown robbed the store, brown then initiated physical contact with a police officer, brown had multiple chances to comply,he chose not to. His actions led to his own demise. The end Ultimately the justice system worked like it should in this case.

The news conference by the States Atty was one of the most professional and in depth looks into a police shooting ever released. He should have left it at that and not taken any questions. He difused a bunch of race baiting questions nicely. Again tho I felt he should have ended it there and not given any air time to these slime balls. The scumbag reporters are a joke. No one cares about the truth anymore. They just want something to print that causes the biggest reaction they can get. Disgraceful.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-24-2014, 11:48 PM Reply   
I agree with Brown's parents. There should be a national push for every police office to wear a body camera. That way they can post weekly videos to Youtube of all these moron criminals each week. How long would it be before the truth comes out then? If you have even gone on a ride along all the stereotypes are TRUE. You wonder why police turn in to a-holes over the years? It's because they get the thankless job of dealing with scum every day at work. Who in their right mind attacks any man that they know has a loaded gun? I would expect to get shot if I tried to fight anyone with a gun on their hip.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-25-2014, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtech View Post
I agree with Brown's parents. There should be a national push for every police office to wear a body camera. That way they can post weekly videos to Youtube of all these moron criminals each week. How long would it be before the truth comes out then? If you have even gone on a ride along all the stereotypes are TRUE. You wonder why police turn in to a-holes over the years? It's because they get the thankless job of dealing with scum every day at work. Who in their right mind attacks any man that they know has a loaded gun? I would expect to get shot if I tried to fight anyone with a gun on their hip.
I agree completely. I'm friends with a few cops and over the years they just begin to hate people. Most of us try to see the good in people and overlook a lot of the bad but cops are forced to deal with the truth everyday and it kind of deflates your hope in humanity.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-25-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Time to break out the "Stink Spray"
These people wanna act like animals Well then why not smell like one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H4_XZE3r3oU
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-25-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
The way these protesters are acting doesn't promote peace between citizens. Burning down businesses in their hometown,looting businesses in their own town and showing respect for law officers by burning the local police vehicles. These aren't the actions of people Trying To promote positive change. These are the actions of thugs and criminals. Just a few facts to put things into perspective.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-25-2014, 9:05 AM Reply   
My opinion:

Outside of the Brown Decision (and the specific facts associated with the decision) there are a few points worth protesting that this case started a conversation on.

The militarization of police
Police accountability
Use of excessive force by police
Several Racial issues
etc.

BUT everyone of those causes are completely undermined by those looting and destroying a town.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-25-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
Brown was 6'4, 292lbs. at time of death. He was walking right down the middle of the street and he fit the description of a man who just stole from a store and abused the clerk. Anyone who tries to tell you that he was "an innocent 18 year old kid who was just walking to his grandma's house" is trying to play you for a fool. With the amount of conflicting reports from eyewitnesses and Wilson's side of the story, it really comes down to the facts and physical evidence recovered from the scene. Brown's DNA was found inside the door of Wilson's Tahoe, Wilson's window was shot out in what he describes as a "struggle for his gun." Brown's GSW, at least six, were consistent with him running or lunging towards Wilson, and disproved statements that he was running away with his hands up. There was definitely reason for Wilson to believe that his life was in danger, and he acted accordingly after warning Brown he would shoot. It should be a no-brainer that Wilson was acting to protect himself when he killed himself, however many people want Wilson to see trial. They don't want "justice", they want satisfaction.

The protests are a whole different story. Burning the town to the ground, desecrating the American flag, destroying police cruisers, looting, rioting. It's quite interesting how not an hour before all of this violence picked back up, these same "protesters" were calling for the "law" and "justice." I don't suppose they're going to want the same once this all settles and someone will be to blame for all of this destruction, huh?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-25-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
I completely agree with Swatguy and Jason. I don't care what color you are, if you threaten a police officer in any way you will be dealt with. The media sucks, I heard "white cop kills unarmed black teen" a hundred times last night in the 10min. I had it on CNN. Did anyone hear Don Lemon say "And obviously the smell of marijuana in the air", that sounds pretty racist to me.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-25-2014, 10:51 AM Reply   
Why wait for black friday? Just take a bat, break the window, and take what you want! Surely this won't hurt the property value in the area, heck it might make rent cheaper.
These Peale don't even know how to burn down buildings! 30-40? HaHaHaHa Detroit can destroy over 350 building in one night!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-25-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
I think people are making an issue that just wasn't there. Guy steals something, police officer responds to a person matching the description (and is the suspect) and the officer is punched through the window. WTF do you think is going to happen if you punch a police officer in his cruiser? I have been trying to go through all of the witness reports and there just isn't any evidence supporting wrong doing on this police officer's part. I understand that the community is frustrated with prior/ongoing incidents with the police but you picked the wrong case to stand up for.

What the community SHOULD be doing is asking themselves, why are we having issues with the police and how do we prevent them? How can I make sure that my child isn't going to follow the path of stealing, drugs and violence and wind up in a situation like this? That's what they should be doing.
Old    bigdtx            11-25-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I agree completely. I'm friends with a few cops and over the years they just begin to hate people. Most of us try to see the good in people and overlook a lot of the bad but cops are forced to deal with the truth everyday and it kind of deflates your hope in humanity.
Reminds me of a line from a Joseph Wambaugh book - one cop describes the public as "perpetrators and borderline perpetrators".
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-25-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
Read these 2 witness accounts:
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...itness-32.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...itness-34.html

They back up the claims by the officer that there was indeed a fight or a "tussle" while the officer was in the car and that the 2 young men were walking down the middle of the street and did not move when asked to. Also tells how Mike tried to get into the witness' car to escape. So far, I haven't seen this innocent young man that was minding his own business in any of the witness accounts and most of them tell how he went back towards the officer after shots were fired.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-25-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
What many fail to ask themselves in all of this is: Say you are a private citizen, you carry concealed or open carry if legal in your state. You drive up on a large man (color is not know due to clothing) and you ask them to get out of the street. They turn around and yell at you to STFU and keep walking. You drive past them and ask them again to get on the sidewalk and they don't comply. You then back up the car sideways in the road and the large man comes to your door. An argument ensues at which point the large man takes to physical violence to get you to back down. He somehow (yeah it's grey I know) notices you have a gun and reaches for it. At this point you know that it's on like Donkey Kong and try, at least, to keep the large man from getting the gun and a round (or two) is discharged from the weapon. One round hits the large man and he starts to walk/run away but at 20-30 feet decides he wants more and come back towards you. What do you do at this point? Do you as a private citizen feel you have enough cause to shoot again or do you get back in the car and try to drive away?

I think what people forget is you throw in that series of events along with the fact that the private citizen is actually cop and the large man is a suspect in a recently committed crime. It's is obvious to me what you do regardless of the badge. You shoot again given that the large man is a threat, has proven his hostility towards you with physical aggression and has made a move for a loaded firearm which can be proved. George Zimmerman was acquitted with a lot less evidence and no eye witness testimony. BUT since this is made to be a Black/White thing by the media and the white guy is a cop, people make the decision that if they were in that officers shoes at that point in time that they would have tazered him or not shot him again. Lets not forget things that could have helped Brown live another day: 1: Don't rob a convience store 2: Don't jaywalk 3: Disobey direct orders from a police officer 3: Don't confront the officer in the street for being asked to get off the sidewalk 4: Don't assault the officer after he asks you to stop as he now believes you might be involved in a crime 5: Don't try to grab a loaded weapon from a person that EVERYONE, including you knows will shoot you if you go there 6: Don't come back for more after BEING SHOT.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-25-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
What the community SHOULD be doing is asking themselves, why are we having issues with the police and how do we prevent them? How can I make sure that my child isn't going to follow the path of stealing, drugs and violence and wind up in a situation like this? That's what they should be doing.
^^^^ This.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-25-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UjKqzVDCw

Funny how this never made it to the national media. Nor were their riots when they didn't charge the office with anything.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5912976.html
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-25-2014, 3:06 PM Reply   
The only thing they should be protesting is accountability. The police militarization is a drect result of their actions. Police don't drive around all geared up in riot gear, armed to teeth while on patrol. They are dressed and forced to use military tactics because of the actions of the people around them. I agree with the post above from Timmy B....... they need to be marching and asking what they should be doing to prevent robbery being a normal way of life. This all stems from one thing. ACCOUNTABLILITY. No one is held accountable anymore for their actions. Excuses are made to blame everyone else. Just like in this case. Blame the police for taking action against a robber, blame society for not giving enough opportunities,blame poor schools, Whatever happened to taking tesponsibilities for your own actions. No one made him become a thug. He chose that life. Society didn't force that on him. The lack of family and values are gone because the government allows people to do absolutely nothing proactive in order to survive. We allow people to sit at home collect a check, and have everyday be Friday with no repercussions. We just drain the hard working people more and more to pay for more and more useless pieces of garbage.

As to Jtech

I can assure you if you did exactly what you describe as a private citizen you would end up in jail. You were the aggressor in that situation and started everything with the fact after the initial exchange of words made an act of furtherance by backing up, blocking his path and "challenging" him. You should have just drove off according to courts today. however officer Wilson has every right to stop and impede the process of a suspected criminal and use the force necessary to effect an arrest. A normal citizen only has the right to protect themselves when in fear of receiving death or great bodily harm or protecting another from the same. .

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-25-2014 at 3:15 PM.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-25-2014, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I can assure you if you did exactly what you describe as a private citizen you would end up in jail. You were the aggressor in that situation and started everything with the fact after the initial exchange of words made an act of furtherance by backing up, blocking his path and "challenging" him. You should have just drove off according to courts today. however officer Wilson has every right to stop and impede the process of a suspected criminal and use the force necessary to effect an arrest. A normal citizen only has the right to protect themselves when in fear of receiving death or great bodily harm or protecting another from the same. .
"According to the courts today" or according to the actual law? I have a right to my safety and protection of property as well which includes not hitting some fool walking down the middle of the street. If this were the case, Zimmeran would be in Jail for an "act of furtherance" as he admitted he tried to follow and confront Martin in the neighborhood. While he might be guilty of harassment at best, the blame shifts back to the dead guy when they instigate the physical assault. Words are exactly that, words. Somehow I don't think a judge or a cop for that matter is going to hear a case where I stop in the middle of the road a yell at an idiot to get on the sidewalk. There is no aggression there. I get yelled at by people in Portland on bikes all the time because they, in their minds, believe I am going to hit them with my car. Some even stop and give me the stare down. Is it your belief that that bike rider has committed a crime at that point?

And then according to you: "A normal citizen only has the right to protect themselves when in fear of receiving death or great bodily harm or protecting another from the same" If someone reached for my gun while I am in a parked vehicle in a physical confrontation I am pretty dam sure I have the right to protect myself. In that case, I have only shouted at the person in the street and stopped my car to get them to stop walking there so I don't hit them with my car (or someone else for that matter). It's when one person uses bodily harm on another that changes things and elevates things.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-26-2014, 5:47 AM Reply   
What were the results of Browns toxicology report? He had to be on something or one of the stupidest people on earth. What about his accomplice Dorian Johnson
if it was a racial incident then why wasn't Johnson hurt or shot ? Just like with Trayvon Martin the president and the black leaders have picked the wrong horse to bet on . In both cases it was just another street thug meeting his end due to his own actions. If the media wants to report black shootings they can just go to Chicago it happens 3-4 times a day there?
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
Too bad rioters cannot or do not take the time to read the words of their leader: http://www.deltacollege.edu/emp/pwal...Oppression.pdf I'm doing my best not to sound like a "right-wing'" nut job but cases like this demonstrate a need for private citizens to own weapons in order to protect themselves. http://patriotaction.net/profiles/bl...sg_mes_network
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2014, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
What were the results of Browns toxicology report? He had to be on something or one of the stupidest people on earth. What about his accomplice Dorian Johnson
if it was a racial incident then why wasn't Johnson hurt or shot ? Just like with Trayvon Martin the president and the black leaders have picked the wrong horse to bet on . In both cases it was just another street thug meeting his end due to his own actions. If the media wants to report black shootings they can just go to Chicago it happens 3-4 times a day there?
12 Nanograms of THC in his system and that's it. Colorado's "DUI" limit for MJ is 5.
http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...gy-report.html

Here is every doc that the Grand Jury saw. It really made a difference for me reading through these things because I didn't know which side I was on and could see both sides of the story. After reading through this stuff, it was a no-brainer.
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/...ocs/index.html

Last edited by timmyb; 11-26-2014 at 7:23 AM.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
I watched the parents on the nightly news last night. What is in it for them at this point by making the statements that this is unjust. Perhaps in their grief they cannot accept the reality of their son's actions. Even more why is Al Sharpton, given all the evidence, standing in the background? Why does the grand jury decide to release their decision in the evening versus the early morning...maybe something was booked Saturday night just after dark. Why do these protesters burn and loot their own neighbors?

I think a question to examine is why does a town with a large majority black population have an overwhelmingly white police force? This should be looked into and not from a make it "representative" or equal perspective...but first answer the question why the disparity?

I also watch Brian Williams interview 6 black youth who were smart and well spoken. They recognize the issues and also the result, they feel that people look at them and assign a profile. When I became a father I gained a sense of compassion for kids in difficult situations whether its crappy parents, mental issues, weight problems, physical issues. Some kids will just have it easier than others regardless of who they are inside. I feel for these kids social problem and in a way it a sort of like bullying.

I too agree with Timmyb and Jason

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-26-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
"What the community SHOULD be doing is asking themselves, why are we having issues with the police and how do we prevent them?"

That's easy. STOP BREAKING THE LAW!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
The riots in the streets are being carried out by uninformed individuals. They are reacting to the media who have sensationalized this whole story. The media wants people to react to a injustice without the facts,but with the media's opinion. It reminds me of the O J Simpson trial. The media wanted you to believe his arrest was racially motivated. But in fact police arrest people on evidence and probable cause. I myself didn't want to believe a national sports hero and very popular citizen could be guilty of this terrible crime. When he took off in his Bronco I knew he was guilty or insane. NO one in their right mind that was innocent would try and run or try and commit suicide. People need to know all the facts before they make a decision. If I asked you to jump out of an airplane with no parachute for 100,000.00 would you do it? How about if you found out it was a small airplane that's door was 4 foot off the ground? All the facts make all the difference.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
Excellent analogy Robert!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
I wonder what would happen if the media packed up and left Ferguson?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-26-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think a question to examine is why does a town with a large majority black population have an overwhelmingly white police force? This should be looked into and not from a make it "representative" or equal perspective...but first answer the question why the disparity?
Easy: when your a Hood rat and you run around and rack up a criminal recored you can't pass a back ground check when you decide to enter the work force.
Want more black officers in your community???
Then don't do hood rat stuff and keep your record clean and join the force!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-26-2014, 1:02 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2014, 1:39 PM Reply   
that picture was debunked a long time ago, that's not him.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-26-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
that picture was debunked a long time ago, that's not him.
My apologies. I may be a little behind, I don't do any social media, and just happened to see that last night.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-26-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post

If Obama had a son he would look like this ^^^^^^^^^
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-26-2014, 4:45 PM Reply   
Why does the grand jury decide to release their decision in the evening versus the early morning...maybe something was booked Saturday night just after dark.

Apparently because they wanted to release the news at "primetime" when most people would be at home.

I would like to know what the percentage is of white people that are cops and black people that are cops because if the majority of cops are white and the majority of crime is done by black males people then this issue of race will never change. That being said if office Wilson was a black man would this still have been such an issue?

Of course we only have one side of the story but to me based on what officer Wilson has said this is an easy closed case. As stated above, Brown was the aggressor right off the bat and was confrontational, tried to fight, and went for a weapon. There is only one outcome which was the outcome that played out. I just don't understand why what Brown did isn't understood as exactly what you don't do. Everyone blames the cop but it's the actions of Brown that got him in the situation he was in. Anyone that ever goes for a cops gun in a fight will end in the same result....someone is going to be killed whether it's the cop or the perpetrator.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-26-2014, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
If Obama had a son he would look like this ^^^^^^^^^
You mean..?
Attached Images

Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-26-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
You mean..?
The sad part is the President doesn't know how to relate to the common Black man. His upbringing was different than theirs and it shows in his speech, education and the way he carry's himself. While he might make poor and/or interesting decisions in his daily life, none of them got him close to getting clipped. That's why their community really doesn't have a national, strong voice that can relate to what the dirt poor, inner city child goes through growing up and how the community can fix things on their end to help make it better. Jordan, Tiger and other successful people in their community say nothing about these events because they are smarter than the average guy and understand the reasons behind why these events take place on a regular basis in the hood. They know, as do most educated folks of any race that when you play with fire, you get burnt. For most of us that lesson is learned the first time, for Brown and Travon Martin they did not learn it and bought the farm because of their aggression towards others and not letting the "man" get over on them. The ones that get over that anger and hatred of authority at an early age typically go on to succeed and the ones that don't end up dead or incarcerated. Those successful and educated people also know that there are solutions to the problems, but are smart enough to know their respective communities will not buy in to the truth.

The situation will not get better until their community accepts the issues of too many father less homes, lack of a work ethic and systemic welfare dependence. They will always believe they are the victim in every death of a person of color and instead of looking at the facts, come out of the woodwork when an isolated incident comes to light. As many have said before, this is exacerbated by the media and their never ending spin on the facts before the defendant has their day in court of goes through the legal process.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-27-2014, 5:14 AM Reply   
The sad truth is they are still slaves not to the plantation but to the government and the party that has enslaved them.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-27-2014, 8:47 AM Reply   
Now that all the stores are empty, and there's no more Jordans and big screens to steal, the "protestors" seem to all have disappeared.

Probably in their obamahome enjoying their new tvs
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-27-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Latest report. No work boots were stolen.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-27-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
This: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

The only way change will ever happen.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-27-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
If Obama had sons like those he's be down two sons.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-27-2014, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
If Obama had sons like those he's be down two sons.
I shot Monster out my nose and all over my in car computer. Thanks for the laugh. Great stuff
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-27-2014, 8:43 PM Reply   
My pleasure.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
On a related note....

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/w...y-364273731666
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-28-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Eh, msnbc..
I'm sick of hearing about this case. I've been banned from 2 forums I frequent for sharing my thoughts LOL. I like it here, so I'll hold my tongue
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
Knock yourself out. Nobody gets banned here.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-29-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
American news media: Proof you CAN squeeze blood from a turnip.